Who else isn’t going to buy the V-ticket due to rewards?

General Discussion
1 2 3 11 Next
I have been buying the Blizzcon virtual tickets for the past several years, maybe all of them.

The in game items aren’t the sole reason I’ve purchased the tickets, it’s cool to see the panels and reveals in real time.

However, I’m not at all impressed with the in game items this year, and will be getting all of the updates from MMO-champ and YouTube.

Anyone else feel the same way?
to each their own. i never understood the appeal of the virtual ticket because as you've said i'll just get the info from other sites.
09/26/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Lokath
I have been buying the Blizzcon virtual tickets for the past several years, maybe new all of them.

The in game items aren’t the sole reason I’ve purchased the tickets, it’s cool to see the panels and reveals in real time.

However, I’m not at all impressed with the in game items this year, and will be getting all of the updates from MMO-champ and YouTube.
they've been slowing revealing the "rewards" this year, we likely haven't seen everything yet, it's not even on the launcher yet.

But yea sure lets all head to the forums and yell because why not.
For me, I'm still getting the ticket. While I'm disappointed in the rewards, the in-game rewards aren't the reason I buy virtual tickets.

I see them as a "oh cool" bonus. I enjoy watching all the panels and whatnot.

I wasn't expecting to pay $50 for a mount and pet and not really care about the rest of blizzcon. That would be ridiculous.
I am not buying it...

1. In Canadian dollar its 64.99

2. not impressed with in game goodies (although they are nice)

3. Like OP said, with social media all the news and announcements are put out there right away

4. Not interested in Classic
I have been buying the Blizzcon virtual tickets for the past several years, maybe new all of them.

Yup. No e-ticket for me this year.

No mount, no pet, and they jacked up the price. I'll pass.
Passing as well.

Instead of Warcraft, I’ll be buying warhammer stuffs.
You're not going to buy a ticket... because they didn't give you enough free stuff?

"In game items not the only reason I buy, but I wont buy it because of the items"

You are aware that the only items revealed this far are for HotS and OW and they've yet to show for their other games?

Also, if the in game items were never the only reason why are the reason you're not going to get it? Seems contradictory to claim X thing isn't the only reason you buy Z, but because of X you won't buy Z.

This is a super exciting thread. What else have you decided to not do today? Please don't leave us in suspense.
09/26/2018 01:43 PMPosted by Allintu
1. In Canadian dollar its 64.99

Farm gold, its only like 550k in gold
Blizzard is about to learn a very valuable lesson.

If you increase the price to 50$ with one person that buys every year still buying it this year and one person that would have bought it but isn't because of the extra 10$ plus the lack of content provided for the money, that still works out to you making less money than you did before, regardless of the money you make per sale.

A very important lesson to learn.
09/26/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Kikk

This is a super exciting thread. What else have you decided to not do today? Please don't leave us in suspense.

This entire thread is about reasons buying or not buying the ticket. If you don't care, why bother posting? Lol

It's so strange. For a second there I almost thought forums were for discussions about World of Warcraft.
The few times I've bought the virtual ticket, it's been primarily for the content, and the rewards were just a little bonus perk.

I'm not likely to buy it this year unless I find something out about the content that I don't already know. I have a hard time imagining a perk they could (and realistically would) give that would change that.
No mount, no pet, increased price? I'll take "reasons to save my money" for $50, Alex.
09/26/2018 01:46 PMPosted by Seachrome
You're not going to buy a ticket... because they didn't give you enough free stuff?

Pretty sure half the people do it for that reason.

If I can’t be present at the event, I have no reason to buy the virtual as it is about the experience. Everything else is free and posted 5 minutes behind live.

I wish they would do another event on the east coast.
Seems to me like a huge letdown from last year. Two unique, faction specific flying two seat mounts vs. a couple cloaks and banners and a preview of classic.

Let's see, doubt I would use the cloaks, certainly wouldn't use the banners (besides, aren't banners a Diablo thing anyways?).

And a limited scale preview for a limited time of classic WoW? Not sure what the point of that is except to fuel the Classic Server Hype machine, and I'm certainly not going to pay to do that (especially after doing that and getting burned with Beta for Azeroth).

And it costs $10 more this year, on top of that?

More $$, no pet, no toy, no mount = no virtual ticket for me.

I may be a big, dumb cow, but I'm not that dumb.

/moo
I'm sure plenty won't, while many others will, but I don't think we need to hold a summit to present our reasons for doing or not doing so.

If it isn't something you want, don't buy it. Just like every other non-necessary product on the entire planet.