Who else isn’t going to buy the V-ticket due to rewards?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 11 Next
09/26/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Lokath
I have been buying the Blizzcon virtual tickets for the past several years, maybe new all of them.

The in game items aren’t the sole reason I’ve purchased the tickets, it’s cool to see the panels and reveals in real time.

However, I’m not at all impressed with the in game items this year, and will be getting all of the updates from MMO-champ and YouTube.

Anyone else feel the same way?
Me sadly. I buy the virtual ticket every year for the virtual goodies, but this year it's just not worth it :( I'm a bit sad.
Can get all the Blizzcon info from sites like mmochamp
Rewards look like poodoo
Don't care for classic

Eh, maybe next year for me
09/26/2018 01:46 PMPosted by Seachrome
You're not going to buy a ticket... because they didn't give you enough free stuff?

If you spend 50 dollars to get it, it’s not free...
Not everyone plays every single Blizzard game... I only cared about the WOW rewards, and it's a cloak that looks just like every other Horde cloak already in game and some funky banner lol. No thanks.
We'll have one ticket, we always make a spectacle of Blizzcon at our house.

But we won't be buying multiple, as we have done with previous years.

Normally our household accounts for 3 virtual ticket sales. They will have 2 less without proper in-game goodies.
I play WoW mainly to collect pets and mounts so I admit that the free gifts usually did play a huge role in my getting the ticket every year, especially because Murloc pets are so hard to come by in game.

That's not to say I didn't watch and enjoy the stream each time though, but let's be honest, we can all catch up free a few hours after anyway. With the price going higher with no in game rewards I want this year I just don't think it is worth it for me personally.

Maybe if the progress we made in the Classic demo transferred over it might be more enticing, an exclusive head start so to speak, but we all know that won't happen. I hope there is more to be announced somehow but I sincerely doubt it.
09/26/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Dharyise
I have been buying the Blizzcon virtual tickets for the past several years, maybe new all of them.

The in game items aren’t the sole reason I’ve purchased the tickets, it’s cool to see the panels and reveals in real time.

However, I’m not at all impressed with the in game items this year, and will be getting all of the updates from MMO-champ and YouTube.

"In game items not the only reason I buy, but I wont buy it because of the items"

You are aware that the only items revealed this far are for HotS and OW and they've yet to show for their other games?

Also, if the in game items were never the only reason why are the reason you're not going to get it? Seems contradictory to claim X thing isn't the only reason you buy Z, but because of X you won't buy Z.

Wrong.

They aren’t the only reason I buy the ticket, I also enjoy watching the content in real time.

The in game items are icing on the cake.

The in game items are lackluster, and I can watch the content for free or get cliff notes.

Nice try though.
You're not going to buy a ticket... because they didn't give you enough free stuff?

He won't buy a ticket because it isn't worth the price. The 'free' stuff is part of the value proposition.

I haven't bought one in years, and don't care. But some people do. Pretending the stuff in there is 'free' and 'bonus' is bogus. It is part of what you get when you buy the ticket. If that stuff and the virtual presence at blizzcon isn't worth it to you, you don't buy the ticket.

/shrug

I can't see paying $50 to get what I can get from the news sites for free myself.
Just bought it solely for classic.

Yes?

All of the information will be found online afterwards. Why am I going to pay $10 more this year than previous ones, for less rewards and lower quality?

No thank you.
So, I just watched the little promo video with Ion and J. After watching it, the big question looming in my mind is why Blizzard doesn't spring for a boom mic.
09/26/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Lokath

Yes, classic does not interest me and I am guessing they figured that would be the draw. I will save my $50 this year.
09/26/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Lokath

Oh lord, here we go again.

The in game items are "free". You're paying for a ticket to view all the events at Blizzcon, the goodies are extras.

You're paying for the cost to help cover venue, foods/refreshments, etc.

I don't understand how so many people don't understand this concept that the in game items are extras or incentives.

Its like buying a box of cereal that came with a toy inside. You're not paying for the toy, you're paying for the cereal and the toy is a freebie.
09/26/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Velriana
This entire thread is about reasons buying or not buying the ticket. If you don't care, why bother posting? Lol

You don't like the items so you're not buying the ticket. That's fine. Did you really need validation from strangers to make you feel better about your non-purchase?

09/26/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Velriana
It's so strange. For a second there I almost thought forums were for discussions about World of Warcraft.

Yes, but this is not your blog.
09/26/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Kaedìn
they've been slowing revealing the "rewards" this year, we likely haven't seen everything yet, it's not even on the launcher yet.

But yea sure lets all head to the forums and yell because why not.

I really hope this is the case.
I was a sucker for buying Beta for Azeroth not gonna fall for this crap again.
I, sadly, will still buy it because I love Sombra and I need that skin in my life.
I really hope V ticket sales are terrible this year... Blizz has totally lost touch with what people actually want.
09/26/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Dharyise
09/26/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Lokath

Oh lord, here we go again.

The in game items are "free". You're paying for a ticket to view all the events at Blizzcon, the goodies are extras.

You're paying for the cost to help cover venue, foods/refreshments, etc.

I don't understand how so many people don't understand this concept that the in game items are extras or incentives.

Its like buying a box of cereal that came with a toy inside. You're not paying for the toy, you're paying for the cereal and the toy is a freebie.

Because a lot of us pay for the virtual goodies - we have absolutely no interest in the events. I rarely even watch the panels.
I'm waiting for the rest of the goodies to be released in October, then I'll deicide.

I'm interested to see wait the items are for D3, since they haven't done anything since the Necromancer release other than seasonal themes.