Who else isn’t going to buy the V-ticket due to rewards?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 11 Next
bought it last week. No regrets
09/26/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Dharyise
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Because a lot of us pay for the virtual goodies - we have absolutely no interest in the events. I rarely even watch the panels.

Well that isn't the product you're paying just because you choose that to be why you're paying for it.

You're paying for the virtual ticket in order to view an event from your home that takes money to orchestrate and function. The in game items are extra. If thats what you think you're paying for is the product you're mistaken.

It's called the "Virtual Ticket" because thats the product. Its not "Some in-game items" where the ticket is the extra.

This argument makes zero sense considering the fact that the stream is free and Blizzard themselves advertises these items as being part of what you pay for. What you're really paying for is 5 mins early access to the streams and in game items.

Another thing: the customer base is not a charity, to put it bluntly, very few of us actually care about this poor indie company having to pay all this money for Mtn Dew and Doritos because it doesn't affect us in the slightest bit and it's Blizzard's responsibility, not ours, to convince people to pay these expenses by giving us worthwhile in game rewards.

If Blizzard can't shell out the money/aren't able to persuade others to pay for it then this event shouldn't even happen. Sorry.
09/26/2018 02:34 PMPosted by Lokath

You're manchilding about the cost of a virtual hoodie and seeking affirmation about your nonpurchase decision. Think about that for a second.

Oh boy, if you say so. I’m done with you, troll.

/criticizes virtual ticket because of its rewards, asks for legitimization
/calls people who criticize his thread "trolls"

Wonder how long it will be before you cave and buy the virtual ticket? See ya round, buddy.
i bought the 2016 ticket because that damn murloc pet was cool as hell, plus i liked the bastion skin, and i always saw blizzard as a company i appreciated for their work in their games and community management and such, so even dropping $20 on lootboxes every other event or so in overwatch wasnt a second thought for me.

the 2017 ticket with the bad !@# mounts and winston skin? hell yeah. im like a sleeper winston main and i loved the mounts.

the 2018 ticket is what? a sombra skin that doesnt even match the blizzcon theme of skins, and a cloak and a toy banner? the mount in 2017 was a fair exchange for not getting another murloc pet, but now we get a toy?

yeah im not getting the ticket this year myself. with the Bfa being a beta and then not even making it worth the extra $10? im good.
Everyone I know that buys the VT does it for the in game items. I know there's some people that are saying, "They're bonus items, dummy, you buy the ticket for the panels!" Guess what? I think you're an idiot. The info from the panels shows up almost immediately on sites like MMO-C, and the panels themselves end up on sites like Youtube almost as quickly. In fact, last year, there were panels being posted to Youtube faster than they were being uploaded to the Watch Later section of the Blizzcon site. If I'm a dummy for buying the VT for the items, how much of a fool are you to pay for the VT when you can get the panels/info for free?

While I play other Blizzard games, I mostly play WoW. If the VT rewards for WoW are good, it's a guarantee that I'm going to buy it. These are pretty lame rewards, though. Sure, the cloak looks nice, but it's only going to work for some transmogs. As for the banner, who knows what the uptime or the CD are going to be? And, as mentioned, it's almost guaranteed that its size is going to get nerfed. I pet battle, so pets are useful. I ride, so mounts are useful. I think I've dropped a banner outside of quests less than 10 times - and those were ones that game some sort of buff.

The Sombra skin for Overwatch is cool. So is the HotS mount. This year is supposed to be Diablo's year at Blizzcon, so if its rewards are really cool it may be enough to push me into buying the VT again. Otherwise, I just might be saving $50 this year.

Side note: If the only way to get the "Free Toy" is to buy the cereal, then the toy isn't actually free.
09/26/2018 02:40 PMPosted by Colanasou
the 2018 ticket is what? a sombra skin that doesnt even match the blizzcon theme of skins, and a cloak and a toy banner?

Blizzard's fine print also points out that the demon hunter skin for Overwatch and the StarCraft things will be available as separate purchases in 2019; they're not even BlizzCon-exclusive items.

The in-game items for Overwatch, StarCraft II, and StarCraft: Remastered will also be available separately in 2019—further details will be announced at a later date.
No, the rewards for the games are terrible this year and I can catch everything on youtube the next day or watch the info be posted on mmo-champion.com for free.
I’m kicking myself now. I bought a virtual ticked before the rewards were announced banking on them being something cool like previous years, but instead they’re not very good. Oh well burned hand teaches best. I won’t buy next year until after they say what the rewards are.
I've always bought the v ticket for the stuff. I hardly ever get a chance to watch those streams.

I don't see anything I want this go around.
I will say that Blizz still has a chance to sell me on it, but they are going to need some absolutely phenomenal and amazing goodies for Hearthstone and StarCraft 2. I'm a Diablo fan too, but Diablo 3 just isn't as fun as Diablo 2 was.
I bought it with WoW gold.

I personally would not spend $50 on it.

I only did it to see if /follow works in the Classic demo for PvP/BGs.

If someone else finds purpose in the ticket purchase, good for them.

If they do it with WoW gold, all the better.
I have a feeling this V-Ticket is going to sell the most since they’ve started the V-Tickets.

Maybe that’ll shut the !@#$% up about Classic failing
09/26/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Lokath
and will be getting all of the updates from MMO-champ and YouTube.

Hasn't that pretty much always been the case though?

I can't remember a Blizzcon I didn't find out about, and i've never bought a ticket
Same. I prefer my virtual ticket with less no-cost-to-me added value.
No one cares if you aren't getting it. No one. Stop.

Well that isn't the product you're paying just because you choose that to be why you're paying for it.

You're paying for the virtual ticket in order to view an event from your home that takes money to orchestrate and function. The in game items are extra. If thats what you think you're paying for is the product you're mistaken.

It's called the "Virtual Ticket" because thats the product. Its not "Some in-game items" where the ticket is the extra.

This argument makes zero sense considering the fact that the stream is free and Blizzard themselves advertises these items as being part of what you pay for. What you're really paying for is 5 mins early access to the streams and in game items.

Another thing: the customer base is not a charity, to put it bluntly, very few of us actually care about this poor indie company having to pay all this money for Mtn Dew and Doritos because it doesn't affect us in the slightest bit and it's Blizzard's responsibility, not ours, to convince people to pay these expenses by giving us worthwhile in game rewards.

If Blizzard can't shell out the money/aren't able to persuade others to pay for it then this event shouldn't even happen. Sorry.

"Major record companies aren't indie companies and therefore they should pay for everything and make concerts/events free. The audience isn't a charity."

Sure, Blizzard should of their own pocket pay for everything and not charge anything because thats a totally savvy business model.

Whether or not you care is a non-issue. They have employees that need paying, the have !@#$ they have to pay for and if you think a company is going to do this all from the goodness of their own hearts while also telling their investors and board members they're going to be losing out on a %^-* ton of money because you only care about pixels in a game, well !@#$ sorry to break it to you, but thats never going to happen. Maybe at their 100 year Blizzcon anniversary.

The only part of the stream that will legally be streamed for free is the opening ceremony. Whether or not you have people streaming all that content or uploading to youtube doesn't make any of the money spent on the event go down.
09/26/2018 01:40 PMPosted by Eret
to each their own. i never understood the appeal of the virtual ticket because as you've said i'll just get the info from other sites.

I like the idea of being able to tune into the streams if I'm curious, but, it's certainly not worth 50$ in my eyes. I'd consider it if the ingame content it provided was decent, like if I was active last year I probably would have bought it because that mount looks nice, but 50$ for a cape ( I actually disable my cape from being visible most of the time ) and a banner? Meh.
Normally buy the expansion reveal virtual ticket. Thought about it this year but being australian im not paying $70. Why the price increase for the terrible rewards? 100% the reason is because of the classic demo that no one asked to play as a virtual ticket holder
Virtual ticket never worth it
09/26/2018 02:51 PMPosted by Gianavel
Everyone I know that buys the VT does it for the in game items. I know there's some people that are saying, "They're bonus items, dummy, you buy the ticket for the panels!" Guess what? I think you're an idiot. The info from the panels shows up almost immediately on sites like MMO-C, and the panels themselves end up on sites like Youtube almost as quickly. In fact, last year, there were panels being posted to Youtube faster than they were being uploaded to the Watch Later section of the Blizzcon site. If I'm a dummy for buying the VT for the items, how much of a fool are you to pay for the VT when you can get the panels/info for free?

While I play other Blizzard games, I mostly play WoW. If the VT rewards for WoW are good, it's a guarantee that I'm going to buy it. These are pretty lame rewards, though. Sure, the cloak looks nice, but it's only going to work for some transmogs. As for the banner, who knows what the uptime or the CD are going to be? And, as mentioned, it's almost guaranteed that its size is going to get nerfed. I pet battle, so pets are useful. I ride, so mounts are useful. I think I've dropped a banner outside of quests less than 10 times - and those were ones that game some sort of buff.

The Sombra skin for Overwatch is cool. So is the HotS mount. This year is supposed to be Diablo's year at Blizzcon, so if its rewards are really cool it may be enough to push me into buying the VT again. Otherwise, I just might be saving $50 this year.

Side note: If the only way to get the "Free Toy" is to buy the cereal, then the toy isn't actually free.

I love how you indirectly call me an idiot but then at the end use my analogy. If you're going to !@#$ talk someone on the internet on a forum where you're essentially anonymous but still hide behind coy shots, I mean, okay.

Yes, the toy is free. The mount that came with a 6 month sub, is free. The extra items for the Virtual Ticket, are free. Just because you spend 50 bucks for a mount and an in game pet and think the ticket is the extra is what is actually happening, you're deluded.

That box of cereal didn't cost more to purchase, the 6 month sub didn't cost more to purchase either, so either you're terrible with math or too stubborn to understand how things work in the real world.