Who else isn’t going to buy the V-ticket due to rewards?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 11 Next
09/26/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Mozze
No one cares if you aren't getting it. No one. Stop.

Clearly I’m not the only one. Nice try shill.
I'm certainly not. It shouldn't ever have been more than $39. $29 would be even better. $50 is just too much for something I can watch on YouTube for free.
I've never bought a virtual ticket and never will. I don't understand the draw, personally. All the info is on the net before the weekend is over.
09/26/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Sènpai
Blizzard is about to learn a very valuable lesson.

If you increase the price to 50$ with one person that buys every year still buying it this year and one person that would have bought it but isn't because of the extra 10$ plus the lack of content provided for the money, that still works out to you making less money than you did before, regardless of the money you make per sale.

A very important lesson to learn.
This, exactly.

You can sell a product for $1000 to 2 people and make $2000.

Or you can price it reasonably at $750 and sell it to 10 people for $7500.

Basic economics, market research, etc. Blizz really thinks so lowly of their customers - they think we are complete sheep that will fork over cash for ANYTHING they give us. Be smart and teach them that lesson.
I have never bought a virtual ticket and see no reason why that should change.
09/26/2018 03:22 PMPosted by Dharyise
Yes, the toy is free. The mount that came with a 6 month sub, is free. The extra items for the Virtual Ticket, are free. Just because you spend 50 bucks for a mount and an in game pet and think the ticket is the extra is what is actually happening, you're deluded.

That box of cereal didn't cost more to purchase, the 6 month sub didn't cost more to purchase either, so either you're terrible with math or too stubborn to understand how things work in the real world.

Since we're all suddenly armchair cereal businesspersons here, I think I should point out that the space the "free" toy is taking up means less cereal in the box. So if your theory that the toy is "free" is true, it means you're actually getting ripped off if you like cereal, because you're paying the same price for less cereal.
09/26/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Lokath
I have been buying the Blizzcon virtual tickets for the past several years, maybe new all of them.

The in game items aren’t the sole reason I’ve purchased the tickets, it’s cool to see the panels and reveals in real time.

However, I’m not at all impressed with the in game items this year, and will be getting all of the updates from MMO-champ and YouTube.

Anyone else feel the same way?

I already bought the ticket with BNET balance, but I was anticipating, I don't know ..something different than a cloak. They could give us a token to allow us to choose 1 pet/mount from any previous Blizzcon. That would have been cool too.
I bought V-Ticket to support Blizzard, firstly.

Second, the v-tickets puts me right in there whereas after show vods don't provide the excitement the v-ticket provides.

I do have interest in ingame items, and that was the the other reason I purchase the ticket. I looked for them, yes, but I didn't see any this year. But thats ok because I like what Blizzard has provided me (faith in humanity) in the years past and I want to keep supporting them.

GLHF
09/26/2018 01:46 PMPosted by Seachrome
You're not going to buy a ticket... because they didn't give you enough free stuff?
The "free" stuff is the only thing you cannot get on mmo champ or youtube within the hour.
09/26/2018 03:31 PMPosted by Kikk
09/26/2018 03:22 PMPosted by Dharyise
Yes, the toy is free. The mount that came with a 6 month sub, is free. The extra items for the Virtual Ticket, are free. Just because you spend 50 bucks for a mount and an in game pet and think the ticket is the extra is what is actually happening, you're deluded.

That box of cereal didn't cost more to purchase, the 6 month sub didn't cost more to purchase either, so either you're terrible with math or too stubborn to understand how things work in the real world.

Since we're all suddenly armchair cereal businesspersons here, I think I should point out that the space the "free" toy is taking up means less cereal in the box. So if your theory that the toy is "free" is true, it means you're actually getting ripped off if you like cereal, because you're paying the same price for less cereal.

Sure, if that were the case. Except in elementary school I did project on this and took two boxes of the same cereal, one with a free toy and one with out and weighed both cereals. They were almost the same weight if not off by a couple of grams. Essentially 2 cornflakes. Big. Woop.

But I'll allow the GD mob mentality of being outraged at everything under the sun because they feel entitled to the world because they don't like something in something that is 100% optional. ;)

If the virtual ticket came in with Basic at 40 and Digital Deluxe at 50 and the DD items were trash, I'd tend to agree with you because then you would actually be paying for those items. But they don't, and you aren't.
09/26/2018 02:09 PMPosted by Tusend
Just bought it solely for classic.

Yikes.
Just curious,
The duration of Blizzcon is the same as previous years?
what has been the explanation that has justified the price increase?
If its not going for longer, where is the virtual price breakdown of what is being charged?

I think in NZD its around $80.00
Last year it was around $50.00

Last year with 2 WoW mounts, (which are usually around $25 NZ) it was like buying the 2 mounts, and everything else was a freebie - which I was more than happy with)

I know a lot of the stuff hasn't been revealed yet, and some of it won't be of any use to me as I only play a selection of the games.

Surely the cost cant be linked to Classic (because WoW players are already paying for the game and shouldnt be charged again to play a rolled back version of what they are already paying for)

As I said, I'm just curious about the breakdown, and justification of price increase.
Blizz is like a 900lb man who is trapped in the bathroom and keeps asking for a pizza.

Nah bro I'm not getting you a pizza.
09/26/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Dharyise
I have been buying the Blizzcon virtual tickets for the past several years, maybe new all of them.

The in game items aren’t the sole reason I’ve purchased the tickets, it’s cool to see the panels and reveals in real time.

However, I’m not at all impressed with the in game items this year, and will be getting all of the updates from MMO-champ and YouTube.

"In game items not the only reason I buy, but I wont buy it because of the items"

You are aware that the only items revealed this far are for HotS and OW and they've yet to show for their other games?

Also, if the in game items were never the only reason why are the reason you're not going to get it? Seems contradictory to claim X thing isn't the only reason you buy Z, but because of X you won't buy Z.

You get a Alliance/Horde cape and banner for WoW. They don't even look that good. Of right and like 6 days of classic WoW beta.

The only reason to buy the online ticket is to get rewards. All of the info is free and easy to find right after the event I would only spend money on it for the rewards or if you go there in real life.

I'm not buying the virtual ticket because I'm going live. for the love of diablo if d4 gets announced I can begin the count down to my long long break from wow
Not buying it because of the moronic and asinine decisions being made and the horrid absolute garbage excuse for quality so far.
09/26/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Dharyise
Sure, if that were the case. Except in elementary school I did project on this and took two boxes of the same cereal, one with a free toy and one with out and weighed both cereals. They were almost the same weight if not off by a couple of grams. Essentially 2 cornflakes. Big. Woop.

It was a joke. You scare me.
Only if it is a limited-time mount. Cloak and toy is meh. Everything else will be on fan sites within days.
09/26/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Mistwynd

Yup. No e-ticket for me this year.

No mount, no pet, and they jacked up the price. I'll pass.

Exactly how I feel. Just not worth the cost.
09/26/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Worldwarborn

I'm not buying the virtual ticket because I'm going live. for the love of diablo if d4 gets announced I can begin the count down to my long long break from wow

There have been postings for new artists at Blizzard for Diablo specifically, but I don't think it will be D4. I think it will be a new expansion.