Why is everyone ignoring MM???

Hunter
No clue, I've been both pvp and pve and I still love MM. It's no where near perfect but I'm having fun.

hopefully they don't trash the sniper meta because that's what I'm liking.
I started as MM and did fine and enjoyed it, but BM is just better right now so I switched. I immediately went from middle of the pack to the top.

I would love to stay MM but it just doesn't make much sense when BM has better movement and pulls higher numbers.
Leveled my priest first instead of this guy because MM felt so bad. I’m glad this thread got made because I was about to make one.

It can’t possibly stay like this right? My single target damage feels so awful and in m+ I can only seem to do good aoe when I have explosive shot and double tap up on the same pull. The rotation is dull and constantly focus starved, FAR too much of the damage is tied into aimed shot to the point where I’m getting outdamaged by the tank if I don’t have any charges tucked away. Guess I’m just going to have to play SV
Legion MM was absolute garbage in gameplay, but people played because the numbers were good.

I'm glad the aberration that was Marked Shot is gone and I hope to never see anything like that clunk-fest of a system in any spec of any class ever again.

BfA MM is actually fun, mechanics-wise, the numbers are just not there. Some tweaking on the damage numbers and it will be fine.
If I were going to try to fix MM:

1) Aimed Shot can be cast while moving.
2) Rapid Fire has been removed.
3) Aimed Shot's damage reduced by 5%
4) Arcane Shot Damage increased by increased by 5%
5) Multi-Shot now marks the target with vulnerability
5) Trick Shots now activates when hitting 2 or more targets with Multi-Shot and will ricochet and hit all targets marked with vulnerability for 35% of normal damage.

I would want to see something like this. A few key changes with a couple of small tuning nerfs and buffs.

I don't really care what they do with Rapid Fire. I don't use it at all in my MM spec right now. Change it or get rid of it. It's more trouble than it's worth the way it is.

Arcane Shot is far too weak IMO. I only use it immediately after casting Aimed Shot. It is a waste of a GCD. Steady Shot does comparable damage, generates focus, and has a chance to proc Lethal Shots.

Also, if Blizz would fix the trick shot bug on the target dummies that would be great. I can't see what my AoE really looks like without joining a dungeon group.
Because if looking for an ideal system that can provide a far more deeply satisfying experience to far more players, current MM's such a huge mess to tackle that the few people willing to undertake real discussion are already jaded enough with the shallow- or shortsighted-ness of other OF posters' feedback that they only release them to specific reddit subthreads?
The spec almost requires an entire re-work from the ground up and with the amount of feedback that has been posted and ignored it's doubtful it'll happen anytime soon so most marksman hunters are just playing BM/Survival/re rolled or have quit.
Most gave up complaining. Some are OK because we at least have 2 solid specs, However, I really miss MM and it's one of the main reasons I'm not maining hunter this Xpac. I like pets, but I enjoy having a spec that doesn't rely on having a pet. Wanting a more archer feel. I really wish MM had more AoE potential since the other 2 specs are "mediocre" at best with it.
Have any of you tried complaining in a forum where the Blizzard Developers might actually be listening?

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/22814375/

Blizzard devs do not read this forum for suggestions.

Period.
Bm doesn’t have to stop moving, has all instant cast abilities, is better defensively, AND does more damage both single target and aoe? What were they thinking when they designed MM...?
10/05/2018 02:52 PMPosted by Ehiztari
Have any of you tried complaining in a forum where the Blizzard Developers might actually be listening?

Period.
What makes you think that they will read there?
I love MM, but it’s so odd that I can’t even. Like hey, we gave you back Steady and you can use all your shots on the move but one...and it’s the only one that actually hurts.
theres no point until next expansion. first you gotta wait till the new top guy comes up with a new acronym on his vision on what wow should be. then alot of bs then some fix. too bad no new top guy ever promotes efficiency because thats what mm needs to be trickled down to
Just resigned to another expac where I won’t be playing my hunter.. if I play at all.
10/05/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Natesanders
10/05/2018 02:52 PMPosted by Ehiztari

Period.
What makes you think that they will read there?
Because that's the purpose of that forum.

Posting complaints here addressed specifically or in general to Blizzard developers is truly pointless unless the point is simply emotional venting.
10/06/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Ehiztari
10/05/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Natesanders
...What makes you think that they will read there?
Because that's the purpose of that forum.

Posting complaints here addressed specifically or in general to Blizzard developers is truly pointless unless the point is simply emotional venting.
You know that they have been caught ignoring forums that should be reading before right? Let's be honest, you need a good sized following or to have proof of their wrong doing to get their attention. This is coming from one of the guys who got us the Let's talk threads.
Too much turret, too much pain in the neck for the dps it puts out.
i have posted on tons of mm threads even given tons of ways to fix it. blizzard doesn't care. they hate me they hate you and anything we say falls on def ears. play the classes they like or sthu about is there attitude. mm was horrible all of legions and going on bfa. bm is ok. and i quit the game before i play survival. would rather play warrior or rogue or dh or any real melee class. before surv hunter.
10/06/2018 10:46 AMPosted by Natesanders
10/06/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Ehiztari
...Because that's the purpose of that forum.

You know that they have been caught ignoring forums that should be reading before right? Let's be honest, you need a good sized following or to have proof of their wrong doing to get their attention. This is coming from one of the guys who got us the Let's talk threads.
So, your argument against moving this . . . let's call it a discussion . . . to the correct forum is that they've ignored even those? But posting here is supposed to get something done.

Okay. Apparently you've got some sort of pipeline into Blizzard's secret decision-making process and know best.

<sarcasm> Certainly the "Let's Talk" threads were a HUGE success at getting anything actually accomplished. </sarcasm>

Hundreds and hundreds of post in threads that slowly devolved into posts that almost universally said "Why are we wasting time on this if nothing is going to come of it?"

Keep yelling down this particular well. It's your time. I won't judge you.

Avoid taking your issue to the forum set up for developer feedback. I won't judge you for that either.

Advocate against others doing so. I'll continue to advocate the opposite side of that particular issue because while I'm perfectly happy with how Hunters have been represented in BfA, I'm not happy with how unhappy many of my fellow Hunters are.

Peace out.
10/06/2018 05:54 PMPosted by Ehiztari
So, your argument against moving this . . . let's call it a discussion . . . to the correct forum is that they've ignored even those? But posting here is supposed to get something done.
That is not what I am saying. I am saying that they are going to ignore MM on all forums.

Okay. Apparently you've got some sort of pipeline into Blizzard's secret decision-making process and know best.
No, I posted a twitter link in the General Discussion Forum on this site of Blizzard finally listening to a bug report that made it from Alpha to 7.0 going live. That's what got us the let's talk thread. The bug had to be reported by a youtube celeb with over 110k subscribers posting it on twitter to get addressed. They had to ignore several forums, including the PTR, the Beta, and the live Bug Report Forums.

<sarcasm> Certainly the "Let's Talk" threads were a HUGE success at getting anything actually accomplished. </sarcasm>
It actually got things like MM and BM getting Traps back, 2 charges of KC for BM, and a few other things, so it did help the Class out, but that wasn't my point. It was that we got them to admit that they screwed up.

Hundreds and hundreds of post in threads that slowly devolved into posts that almost universally said "Why are we wasting time on this if nothing is going to come of it?"
This is my point, though that thread did clearly get some token things done.

Keep yelling down this particular well. It's your time. I won't judge you.
Again, you are completely missing my point. Is this on purpose?

Avoid taking your issue to the forum set up for developer feedback. I won't judge you for that either.
Not like it would do you get anything done there. If they were not ignoring the feedback, then we would see changes by now from the feedback in the Class and Items Forum wouldn't we?

Advocate against others doing so. I'll continue to advocate the opposite side of that particular issue because while I'm perfectly happy with how Hunters have been represented in BfA, I'm not happy with how unhappy many of my fellow Hunters are.
Please, continue to misconstrude what I am saying to make yourself feel like you are not only in an argument, but you are winning it as well.

Peace out.
Later.

Whim