So I finally started playing Horde side

Wyrmrest Accord
1 2 3 8 Next
I've had an issue with the whole burning of Teldarasil for awhile. Which is why I leveled this mage and my alliance DK first.

I have a lot of Horde characters, and mained Horde since Wrath. This is the first expansion, I've started maining Alliance. I really liked my Demon Hunter and Warlock, so I decided I'm going to level them next, they're my Horde toons.

I did the intro quest last night, felt kind of scummy for abandoning Saurfang. But I was expecting it. So it was like water off a duck's back.

I breezing through Zandalari city, kind of finding the whole city and the accents jarring. I also find it kind of weird that the Horde is starting to provide guards to the Zandalari right away, but in Boralus it's all Kul Tiran guards?

But I digress, I accepted a quest from a fat turtle and I figured it was to chase kinds down to make them "Stay awhile and listen" . It didn't register for me that you were whipping them until I realized the NPC name and read the quest text.

It just knocked the wind out of my sails to play those toons.

So I was doing this quest:
https://www.wowhead.com/quest=48404/the-scamps

You're having me chase orphans down and whip them.

I'm right now playing Stellaris on my day off as a Rogue Servitor because I have no real want to play Horde.
And the first thing I do after the intro quest is whip children?

This game is really make it hard for me to play red side anymore.
what intro quest are you doing??
Well, this is bait if I ever saw it.
09/28/2018 05:42 AMPosted by Lamunadra
what intro quest are you doing??

https://www.wowhead.com/quest=48404/the-scamps

The interaction sound effect they chose was a really bad call.
If I can't whip kids and eat their parents then what's even the POINT of being Horde?!
Yes, the righteous thing to do would have been to put them in internment camps until they learned their lesson.

If it makes you feel better, two of the WQs you can do is to ruin their fun and games by either chasing them around back to the orphanage or dispelling their scrolls that turn them into fun creatures.
gr8 b8, m8
09/28/2018 05:28 AMPosted by Haylan
And the first thing I do after the intro quest is whip children?

This game is really make it hard for me to play red side anymore.

ishnu alah its another teldrassil
09/28/2018 06:37 AMPosted by Vashta
gr8 b8, m8

09/28/2018 05:50 AMPosted by Immgar
Well, this is bait if I ever saw it.

I want to address this. I was Horde throughout every expansion since Wrath.

I feel a bit of a whiplash from how out of character the Horde story kind of feels. I want to commiserate with others that feel the same.

If you like the Horde story. Good. And great.

For me though, I keep running into story beats that I sorta feel disgusted with.
As someone who is fully disgusted by the story and mains Horde, I feel you -- I really do -- but your initial post was pretty inflammatory (by not going into detail) and in the same vein of a lot of other posts that tend to hit this forum about the same topic.

I'm glad you explained yourself because I'm fully in agreement with you and it's making it hard to invest in Horde-positive characters. As I main Forsaken, my toons really don't have anywhere else to go.
For me though, I keep running into story beats that I sorta feel disgusted with.

I just dont understand what the appeal of even getting attached to the story is anymore. After all that has happened and the consistent failure of Blizzard's "storytelling" within the game, I am really convinced that alot of people here are masochists or maybe just too rooted in their time investment to break off from caring.

I mean this expansion has been neat for waking up old WC2/WC3 feels with Warfronts and Kul Tiras and the faction war, and I really enjoy the architecture of the Zandalar zones and how they designed them (save most of Vol'dun, I despise the Sethrakk/Vulpera absolutely and it seems more hamfisted into the zone than anything) but I dont read into the story as much anymore and I tend to keep things at an arm's length.
Classic Layam, baiting and then saying he isn't
Oh, this thread again.
Man, don't you have to go work or something OP? Or are you just paid to troll MMORPG forums with this inane crap?
09/28/2018 07:20 AMPosted by Haylan

And so you decided to pick one off quest, where you scurry children away, and happens to have a whipping sound despite no animation or cast bar to support that idea, and make an absurd claim on the forums for attention.

Go back under your bridge, and reattached those tusks for everyone knows what you really are.
09/28/2018 07:42 AMPosted by Bebbit
Oh, this thread again.

Mood.

Like, I'm not one to stifle anyone's opinion or nothing.

But at this point, making a thread to complain about the Horde portrayal and the Alliance portrayal is like adding a cup of water to the ocean.
09/28/2018 07:33 AMPosted by Balghur
I just dont understand what the appeal of even getting attached to the story is anymore. After all that has happened and the consistent failure of Blizzard's "storytelling" within the game, I am really convinced that alot of people here are masochists or maybe just too rooted in their time investment to break off from caring.

I finally hit that point within the last month and it really makes me sad. Warcraft has been a part of basically my entire adult life, and for more of it than otherwise I was a roleplayer; this story matters to me, warts and all. Or at least it did. I've always really enjoyed analyzing and discussing and critiquing it.

And I just can't anymore. It's too stupid, too unconnected from all logic, and too just plain bad for me to invest in. It's a pretty mournful realization. I miss caring about the story. I'm probably better off because even at its best it was never great, but I still can't help missing it.
09/28/2018 07:35 AMPosted by Golderoy
Classic Layam, baiting and then saying he isn't

Oh hello person I don't know. Since you're psychic what number am I thinking of to?

09/28/2018 07:29 AMPosted by Vashta
As someone who is fully disgusted by the story and mains Horde, I feel you -- I really do -- but your initial post was pretty inflammatory (by not going into detail) and in the same vein of a lot of other posts that tend to hit this forum about the same topic.

I'm glad you explained yourself because I'm fully in agreement with you and it's making it hard to invest in Horde-positive characters. As I main Forsaken, my toons really don't have anywhere else to go.

Maybe I'll edited to be a bit better.
I mean, they kidnapped children in Pandaria and held them for ransom. I would not be surprised if this was true.