So I finally started playing Horde side

Wyrmrest Accord
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
Baby: the other other white meat!
09/28/2018 11:22 AMPosted by Baenura
i'm gonna start posting on my Horde character about how much i love eating children

they make a great jam
Days since arbitrary forum meltdown:

Like, negative two or something.
...The scamps are stealing !@#$, and I was under the impression you were smacking their stolen goods from their hands.

You're not exactly given a whip to do so, otherwise you'd have a whip item provided. It's just a sound effect, and it could be anything from you smacking the items from their hands, to smacking them upside the head

Sometimes a sound effect is just a sound effect
Actually it's been pretty quiet around here the last few days. I was just contemplating that yesterday. Also, by our historical standards, this is hardly a meltdown. It would be generous to call it a kerfuffle.
09/28/2018 11:30 AMPosted by Azhaar
It would be generous to call it a kerfuffle.

I'm willing to upgrade it to a hullabaloo depending on the next page of responses.
09/28/2018 11:31 AMPosted by Suhtrokk
It would be generous to call it a kerfuffle.

I'm willing to upgrade it to a hullabaloo depending on the next page of responses.

im a fan of shenanigans
bad post op
Actually it's been pretty quiet around here the last few days. I was just contemplating that yesterday. Also, by our historical standards, this is hardly a meltdown. It would be generous to call it a kerfuffle.

I see I have not found the fine line between drama and satire.

I'll keep working on it. And by working on it I mean, probably just mashing words together.
I like the sound a kerfluffle makes when it's spoken.

Almost as much as I enjoy the sounds of whipping children and eating them. Because I am Horde.
09/28/2018 11:39 AMPosted by Kureya

I see I have not found the fine line between drama and satire.

I'll keep working on it. And by working on it I mean, probably just mashing words together.

Forum posts are a really tricky medium for satire. I personally limit myself to sarcasm, and even then it doesn't get across all the time.
09/28/2018 09:46 AMPosted by Lamunadra
09/28/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Haylan
Okay two questions.
When did that happen? I don't even remember that part.
And where can I get that shirt?

Both factions enslave the local population, then militarized some other locals and brought the sha out.

Good times

Neither factions enslaved anyone.
The Alliance tricked the the Pandaren to build a base from the invading Horde while the Horde kidnapped Pandaren children and threatened to sacrifice then to Demons.
09/28/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Haylan
09/28/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Zhiifang
I mean, they kidnapped children in Pandaria and held them for ransom. I would not be surprised if this was true.

Okay two questions.
When did that happen? I don't even remember that part.
And where can I get that shirt?

It's during the intro quests of the Jade forest.
I really did not expect this to be the Hill we’re fighting on today but I can roll with it

Horde is poopoo
09/28/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Zhiifang
The Alliance tricked the the Pandaren to build a base from the invading Horde while

I remember fondly of helping the Pandaren children escape the evil clutches of the Alliance slavers. But if you truly wanted to seem like you didn't do anything bad, just refer to your slaves as "Prisoners with jobs".

The Jade Forest quest for both Alliance and Horde mirrored each other. Stop acting like any side was any less evil. You look stupid for that.
09/28/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Venrome
09/28/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Zhiifang
The Alliance tricked the the Pandaren to build a base from the invading Horde while

I remember fondly of helping the Pandaren children escape the evil clutches of the Alliance slavers. But if you truly wanted to seem like you didn't do anything bad, just refer to your slaves as "Prisoners with jobs".

The Jade Forest quest for both Alliance and Horde mirrored each other. Stop acting like any side was any less evil. You look stupid for that.

First off I am stating the reasons both sides had those quests, second no it states they were tricked into working but not that the village was enslaved to my knowledge.

Third, if I was trying to give a bias about which faction was very obviously more in the wrong in Pandaria I would point to the Hordes whole reason being there was to conquer it. I played though the expansion multiple times, read all the lore don't even try me on this.
It's kinda hard to compare the two, actually. The Horde abducted children and was going to sacrifice them to demons. Meanwhile, it wasn't even made clear how the Alliance coerced those pandaren to help; they weren't chained or under any kind of guard, as the Horde player you just tell them to leave and they do.
"The village's usual calm was first disturbed by the Alliance troops, who set up camp in the nearby Thunder Hold and recruited some Volunteers to build the Strongarm Airstrip"

Taken from wowpediea
09/28/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Zhiifang
second no it states they were tricked into working but not that the village was enslaved to my knowledge.

they were. I remember undoing chains on them and thinking that was odd for alliance to do
Got'em