So I finally started playing Horde side

Wyrmrest Accord
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next
I refuse to believe that happened.
Cool.
09/29/2018 08:30 AMPosted by Zenrao
You can believe this story or not, but a month or two ago, I took out my Horde wallet in a bar.

A guy sitting nearby screamed "You must like losing in PvP". It was fine, whatever. Nothing very personal or serious. I responded that I don't PvP. He continued being obnoxious.

"That's because you'd lose!" I just snorted and nodded, trying to ignore him. Finally he screamed "but that's what happens when you support fascism and genocide."

Now I have several people in the bar looking at me, having heard this without context, only hearing that I support fascism and genocide.

In short. Is it a rampant problem? No, I wouldn't call it that. But do some people actually hate you for playing Horde? Oh absolutely. It's not a non-existent problem. Just because it's not an epidemic doesn't mean it should be ignored or laughed off as Horde players being drama queens. This !@#$ is real.

And then everyone in the bar clapped.
Gottem.
I don't know why that's hard to believe. Some people are screeching idiots, this is a documented fact.

It's anecdotal, though. I hardly thing a majority of or even significant number of woW players would do that, especially in public.
Ok so yeah, there are cases were people fought with each other over what factions they picked ( that particular story....I don't know about >.>) However no, I don't think many people are actually calling Horde players evil despite the Horde being evil

In game =\= IRL, and most rational people understand that.
I bet everyone would believe it if it was a hordie being obnoxious and zen had an alliance wallet
It is anectodal, and the only time it's happened to me. Again I don't think this is ruining anyone's life. But it does happen, on occasion, and even that is not acceptable, to me.
09/29/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Lamunadra
I bet everyone would believe it if it was a hordie being obnoxious and zen had an alliance wallet

Trust me on this, no I wouldn't.
I didn't think most people would believe me. Even though more insane things have happened. Like I said, believe it or don't. But some people do get picked on in and out of game for faction choice. On both sides.
Horde wallet

lol
Someone just massacred people over a video game a few months ago.

But a guy giving someone crap in a bar? FAIRY TALES I SAY. No, some people simply don't want to accept that it's possible for their own reasons, and that's fine.
I want a Horde wallet.

I just ordered Horde window decals for my truck.

I hope no Alliance bullies try to fight me about it.
Jesus lol I really regret sharing this.
Horde window decals for my truck.

LOL
I don't know why people are acting like this is implausible. If Zen claimed this happened every week I would raise my eyebrows too but we're talking about one event. You all know what World of Warcraft players are like. Spend an afternoon browsing the General forums and then claim you find it hard to believe that someone would see a Horde wallet and commence behaving like a baboon.
09/29/2018 09:18 AMPosted by Zenrao

Would you say it's ruining your life?
I mean, I've had people cut me off in traffic because I was a "van-driving 'cigarette.'" I've had a guy spit at me because I ran a certain card in my Magic: the Gathering deck. I've had a guy spend around 45 minutes on-and-off bothering me while playing D&D in a library because "4th Edition is trash! Just play 3.5 or Pathfinder!"

Like, it might sound implausible, but there's basically nothing antisocial people won't use as leverage to harass you, and going "mumblemumblemumble YOU SUPPORT FASCISM AND GENOCIDE HUH?" is doubly awful because the people who actually do get punched these days.
09/29/2018 09:22 AMPosted by Bebbit
09/29/2018 09:18 AMPosted by Zenrao

Would you say it's ruining your life?
My life was ruined before this. You guys don't get credit for that.
09/29/2018 09:23 AMPosted by Ursuola
"van-driving 'cigarette.'"

Is this one of those things where I don't actually want to know what the hell that is supposed to mean?