MW help against Assa Burst window

Arenas
2k rated MW atm playing with mage friend in both fire and frost specs. The problem I am running into is the moment my teammate gets cc'd, some rogues will shadow step into a full kidney, if my trinket is down I will die in less than 4 seconds.

To prevent this, at the moment the solutions are:
- mage cc's the rogue everytime it changes focus.
- as MW I play max distance to react if i sense a swap.
- switched medallion to overall 20% reduction in hope of surviving a 4s kidney rather than a 5s+ (doesn't work)

Worst part is even if I manage to keep max distance and anticipate the kidney, they can just try again as soon as stun DR resets.

Just looking for advice, Assa R and Pally seem to be the only classes that can solo kill in less than 4-5 seconds.
Bump.

Maybe Fox can weigh in on what he's doing vs rogue opens and when he feels a swap to him is coming. I wouldn't mind knowing this as well as I just leveled my MW.
First and foremost, race change to orc
09/28/2018 11:14 AMPosted by Woke
2k rated MW atm playing with mage friend in both fire and frost specs. The problem I am running into is the moment my teammate gets cc'd, some rogues will shadow step into a full kidney, if my trinket is down I will die in less than 4 seconds.

- switched medallion to overall 20% reduction in hope of surviving a 4s kidney rather than a 5s+ (doesn't work)

Worst part is even if I manage to keep max distance and anticipate the kidney, they can just try again as soon as stun DR resets.

Just looking for advice, Assa R and Pally seem to be the only classes that can solo kill in less than 4-5 seconds.
There's a few ways you can try handling it, the best method is going to be your partners saving their trinkets to save you with CC.

You yourself can take the enveloping mist trait with all your artifact traits, and pre enveloping mist. With the enveloping mist trait it basically acts as earth shield, healing you every time damage is done to you. If you get interrupted, you can use the following option.

A lot of times assass rogues will telegraph when they're going to vendetta with a garrote. You can pop battle master trinket + fort brew, and it *might* keep you alive. There's also the option to use dampen harm as well if you're interrupted (not garroted). You cannot pop dampen harm during cover silences, but you CAN use it during interrupts, which is a big deal.

You could also take disarm and try to disarm him out of that garrote. It's going to be very important to pay attention to his vanish, cause if he uses that vanish to garrote, he's planning on going ham on you. Also potentially could para him or leg sweep him.

Running with off healer team mates could also significantly help you as well and/or a ret pally, who can break you out of stuns every 45-60 seconds (can't remember if it got nerfed to 60).

Ideally you'd want to be orc, so you could have that 20% stun reduction on top of having the trinket.

All this being said, against RMP, you're going to be playing from behind regardless of all of that.
09/28/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Fox

There's a few ways you can try handling it, the best method is going to be your partners saving their trinkets to save you with CC.

You yourself can take the enveloping mist trait with all your artifact traits, and pre enveloping mist. With the enveloping mist trait it basically acts as earth shield, healing you every time damage is done to you. If you get interrupted, you can use the following option.

A lot of times assass rogues will telegraph when they're going to vendetta with a garrote. You can pop battle master trinket + fort brew, and it *might* keep you alive. There's also the option to use dampen harm as well if you're interrupted (not garroted). You cannot pop dampen harm during cover silences, but you CAN use it during interrupts, which is a big deal.

You could also take disarm and try to disarm him out of that garrote. It's going to be very important to pay attention to his vanish, cause if he uses that vanish to garrote, he's planning on going ham on you. Also potentially could para him or leg sweep him.

Running with off healer team mates could also significantly help you as well and/or a ret pally, who can break you out of stuns every 45-60 seconds (can't remember if it got nerfed to 60).

Ideally you'd want to be orc, so you could have that 20% stun reduction on top of having the trinket.

All this being said, against RMP, you're going to be playing from behind regardless of all of that.
Thanks Fox, yeah I think a big part of this will be learning to read rogues vendetta more clearly and those Azurite traits. Mine are not bad and I've been able to get by, but I think you're right and a preemptive heal will help a lot.
Stay woke, friends.
09/28/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Woke
Thanks Fox, yeah I think a big part of this will be learning to read rogues vendetta more clearly and those Azurite traits. Mine are not bad and I've been able to get by, but I think you're right and a preemptive heal will help a lot.
I still need to farm out those dang traits. >< Wasn't sure how good it was going to be, as I wasn't positive if it was going to have an internal GCD on the heal or not. Apparently it's solid though, and anything you can do to help with stuns the better. =P
09/28/2018 12:16 PMPosted by Fox
09/28/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Woke
I still need to farm out those dang traits. >< Wasn't sure how good it was going to be, as I wasn't positive if it was going to have an internal GCD on the heal or not. Apparently it's solid though, and anything you can do to help with stuns the better. =P
I feel like MW is going to be so damn strong in 2s once Rogues are balanced, or even slightly fixed.
Got the right idea on what you need to do.

Unfortunately if you get caught once it's basically bend over and take it.
smh silly people

the counter to mut rogue is patience, just wait, then wait some more, then about a month later blizzard will solve your problems.
09/28/2018 01:03 PMPosted by Woke
I feel like MW is going to be so damn strong in 2s once Rogues are balanced, or even slightly fixed.
It's already strong in 2's. Our damage output and healing output is insane.
09/28/2018 01:26 PMPosted by Fox
09/28/2018 01:03 PMPosted by Woke
It's already strong in 2's. Our damage output and healing output is insane.

I'm enjoying having AMA as a baseline ability again. I wish we could take an honor talent to move with it but we would be blatantly OP if we had that.

I do wish we could bubble from CC though as we dont have any other way to mitigate actual damage taken from our team like all other healers can do.
09/28/2018 02:36 PMPosted by Mêphiston
09/28/2018 01:26 PMPosted by Fox
... It's already strong in 2's. Our damage output and healing output is insane.

I'm enjoying having AMA as a baseline ability again. I wish we could take an honor talent to move with it but we would be blatantly OP if we had that.

I do wish we could bubble from CC though as we dont have any other way to mitigate actual damage taken from our team like all other healers can do.
I'm more annoyed by soothing mist being purgable, soothing mist being on a 1 sec gcd (SUPER OBNOXIOUS), and mana tea AND crane being on GCD. Just stuff that makes the spec feel super clunky. Does feel like we need some cc protection or something though.
09/28/2018 02:43 PMPosted by Fox
09/28/2018 02:36 PMPosted by Mêphiston

I'm more annoyed by soothing mist being purgable, soothing mist being on a 1 sec gcd (SUPER OBNOXIOUS), and mana tea AND crane being on GCD. Just stuff that makes the spec feel super clunky. Does feel like we need some cc protection or something though.

I'll cede to your judgment on that one even if there are other subjects we don't see eye to eye on in the past. I haven't tried healing on my MW seriously since WoD so I'm in no place to challenge a 2400 rating player's knowledge on the class he mains.

Do you have any links to streams of good MW? Or links to MW PvP guides I could use to catch up?
09/28/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Mêphiston
I'll cede to your judgment on that one even if there are other subjects we don't see eye to eye on in the past. I haven't tried healing on my MW seriously since WoD so I'm in no place to challenge a 2400 rating player's knowledge on the class he mains.

Do you have any links to streams of good MW? Or links to MW PvP guides I could use to catch up?
To be fair, I haven't played 3's at all this expac. It's just stuff that makes the class feel clunk AF, not *bad* per say. Won't claim to be a pro or anything though. Don't think many people have figured out how big of a weakness soothing mist being purgeable is yet either.

Stoopz just released a guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_9vtTNYDXY
His twitch:
https://www.twitch.tv/stoopzz_tv

Drainer and Woopy are super good:
https://www.twitch.tv/drainerx
https://www.twitch.tv/woopy
Assassination rogues have ruined arena for me. As a MW it's either you cast and eat the 2-3 kicks, or you don't cast and your partners die in under 2 seconds.

I even have a video of an assassination rogue opening on my partner, I bubble him at 80% and he still goes 80%-0% in under 2 seconds.
09/28/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Fox

Some great points here- 3 stacking Overflowing mists az trait really is nice, but once dampening hits it’s not going to save you. I switched to orc from undead (liked undead in legion for cc while craned) and haven’t looked back.

Running w a mage is just going to be weak here since getting cc on the rogue is tough w poly being really the only peel. Some rogues will just cloak offensively when vendetta goes up and you don’t have trinket and dampening is getting deeper. Running with a war for stormbolt and DH for incap/aoe stun can save you a bit better in certain cases. I’ve seen some pretty high rated MW running with Enh also.

All in all sin rogues are brutal to play against in 2’s. It’s annoying for MW but just how it is.
09/28/2018 03:45 PMPosted by Rot
Assassination rogues have ruined arena for me. As a MW it's either you cast and eat the 2-3 kicks, or you don't cast and your partners die in under 2 seconds.

I even have a video of an assassination rogue opening on my partner, I bubble him at 80% and he still goes 80%-0% in under 2 seconds.

Post the video
09/28/2018 03:45 PMPosted by Rot

Bubble isn't worth popping pre-emptively it doesn't feel like.