2k Pet Journal Cap In Patch 8.1

Pet Battles
I don't think the pet charm requirement is too bad for an extra 500 pets. Charms are pretty easy to come by if you have enough 120s. I am about 3/4 of the way done with pet charm rewards rite now. Within a couple of weeks I will have all the pets and probably have the chams sitting around by the time 8.1 comes out.

Do your panda and draenor dailys every day with a 110 and every 10 days you have a new 120 to do world quests with.
10/02/2018 05:40 AMPosted by Zasmodan
Do your panda and draenor dailys every day with a 110 and every 10 days you have a new 120 to do world quests with.

This is the kind of quality information the forums need more of.
10/02/2018 12:15 AMPosted by Midgit
10/01/2018 08:10 PMPosted by Vertigineux
I'd dump 499 of the 500 rabits
And the moths, and snail/whelk/conch bunch.
Frogs too! Ugh, yeah, that wouldn't be hard at all, for me.
10/02/2018 05:40 AMPosted by Zasmodan

Just a warning, this does take about 25 trainer battles a day with War Mode on, means you may have to work PandaLand trainers too.

Especially on Friday and weekend evenings, watch out for the mediocre PvPers from opposite faction that have learned camping trainers whole lot easier than fighting someone their own level.

Added bonus, if you do most of the fights with a carry pet, will have leveled a lot of pets by the time you reach 110.
I don't think people are getting it.

We shouldn't -have- to level alts to make getting pet charms in a timely fashion manageable. (And this is coming from someone who has 17 level 110 characters, mind you)

I did the math. If we only get 1 pet charm WQ a day, it'll take me approximately another 120 days of world quests WITH TWO 120s to get to the 5100 pet charms I need for all the pets. And that's with the pet charms I already have from doing -every- pet charm WQ that's been up since launch and every quest/treasure/rare that drops pet charms on both toons.

As well as missions when they come up.

That's not acceptable. Period. Especially when they make the game as alt-unfriendly as they have been. I refuse to level alts when the game is in the state it is now for alts.

They either need to make it so we can get a shoulder enchant like Legion that lets pet charms drop, give us an enchant that lets pet charms drop from world quests we complete, or something. The current system is not working. At all.

We're 2 months in and I still have 4 months of world quests to grind WHEN they spawn. And that's on 2 characters. If I only had 1 character, it'd be 8 months. And considering Ion made it very clear the devs only want us playing one character, that's not okay.

If you add on the 1000 pet charms for the 2000 pet limit item? That time goes even higher. Add on the 750 charms for the 2 toys? Even higher.
What time frame is an acceptable amount for you or anyone to obtain every pet? Three months? Six?

Assuming the expansion lasts two years what makes, by your math of 120 days with two alts, that to long of a time period to obtain them all? While as a collector I completely understand the desire to have all of (x) completed in as short a time period as possible. I also realize that in order to make the pet content we have currently more relevant to more players there needs to be an extended span before a player is done with the content.

We don't need to be done soon. We want to. There are alternative ways of collecting what you want if passively collecting charms each day isn't for you.
The constant talk of "need" is subjective to each players desire to be done with content as quickly as previous expansions have allowed.
Aloha!

09/28/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Quintessence
8.1 PTR - new item that increases the cap of total battle pets in your journal: Interdimensional Pet Portal.

Costs 1k Polished Pet Charms. Unknown if there are any prerequisites before you can purchase it (such as already having the 1.5k increase).

I can confirm that purchasing the Interdimensional Pet Portal will require that you've previously used the Pocket Pet Portal.

09/28/2018 05:47 PMPosted by Maizou
Considering the rate at which I'm getting pet charms, and that I need 5100 for every pet charm pet, I'll get this 2000 pet item approximately in 2021.

As the Battle for Azeroth continues, I wouldn't be surprised to see more and more activities reward PPCs.
10/04/2018 06:28 AMPosted by Reconbravo
What time frame is an acceptable amount for you or anyone to obtain every pet? Three months? Six?

Assuming the expansion lasts two years what makes, by your math of 120 days with two alts, that to long of a time period to obtain them all? While as a collector I completely understand the desire to have all of (x) completed in as short a time period as possible. I also realize that in order to make the pet content we have currently more relevant to more players there needs to be an extended span before a player is done with the content.

We don't need to be done soon. We want to. There are alternative ways of collecting what you want if passively collecting charms each day isn't for you.
The constant talk of "need" is subjective to each players desire to be done with content as quickly as previous expansions have allowed.

That's 120 more days that reward pet charms. Considering only every 3-4 days seem to reward pet charms, that's means I have pretty much over a year left until I'm done with pet charms JUST FOR THE PETS, not the toys, not the 2000 pet limit item, JUST THE PETS. No, that's not acceptable. Especially since that's with 2 toons, it'd be double for one. That's pretty much the entire expansion with only 1 toon. Actually, even longer, because I've used two toons for over a month, so I've double dipped charms for over a month.

They continue to tell us they only want us playing one character and make things like Azerite which makes you only want to play one character, but then they do things like this, which is counter intuitive to playing only one character.

10/04/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Kaivax

As the Battle for Azeroth continues, I wouldn't be surprised to see more and more activities reward PPCs.

This is nice and all, but considering we haven't seen anything about it yet, that's not really much consolation. For all we know you won't add anything new until like 8.4 as a way to try to keep pet battlers subscribed during the content drought.

You're using Pet Charms this expansion as a way to string along pet battlers to keep them subscribed and it's really not okay. We should be wanting to play to play. We should be able to get the pets and spend our charms on stones, toys, etc. and help other players with our charms.

Not having to save up for years just to complete our collections, or raise an army of alts to get charms in a timely fashion.

The current Pet Charm system is not okay. Period. You require way too many charms to buy all of the pets, toys, and now the 2000 pet limit item, but you do not have nearly enough sources for pet charms.

In the past 2 expansions, there were daily sources of pet charms. That is not the case in BFA. If we're lucky, we get a source of pet charms every 3-4 days, but BFA requires pretty much 2-3x more pet charms than past expansions did. HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?

You should make EVERY Pet Battle WQ reward 2-4 Polished Pet Charms. This gives us a daily small amount of charms (8-16) without overly supplying us with charms. The occasional WQ with bonus charms will still occur, but not to the point it overly shocks our systems.

You need 5100 charms for the pets, 750 for the toys, and 1000 for the pet limit item. That's a total of 6850 pet charms. Then you need even more charms to buy bandages, pet biscuits, stones, etc.

There's a world quest up for pet charms maybe once every 3-4 days, and it gives like 13-15 pet charms. If I'm lucky, I get a mission table mission for pet charms every 3 weeks for another 20 pet charms.

How on earth does that seem reasonable to you? Sure, if this were an expansion that encouraged you to play many alts. But this isn't. Ion himself has stated that we are only supposed to play one toon and he doesn't understand why people play more than 1 toon. But at the same time, this game is SUPPOSED to be balanced for people of all playstyles. But people who only play 1 toon have no reliable source of pet charms currently.
But seriously, give us a shoulder enchant like Boon of the Zookeeper, or make it so every pet world quest drops a few charms. (like 2-4)

We need some source of reliable daily charms like WoD (every daily tamer gave 2 charms) and Legion (zookeeper enchant) had.

Especially since BFA requires 2-3 (if not more) times more charms than those two expansions required to get all the rewards, on top of you increasing the price of the +25 level stones.

The fact the only source of charms in BFA comes from WQs that spawn based on RNG and only reward 13-15 when they do is really messed up when we need 6,850 for everything. (Other than mission table missions, which have even worse RNG spawns, Maizou hasn't seen one in over a month)

Right now the only reliable way to get pet charms is to raise an army of level 120 alts, and that's not okay.
I've already spent about 10k charms since launch. You can do it!
I really hope that the upgrade requires the 1500 upgrade. The best thing about pet battles is that there is no "outdated" content. Everything since mist is relevant because the rewards are still viable, and there has been very little power creep.

While I do think there should be a reliable way to get polished charms. (1 for every pvp win would be my suggestion) Its not like pet battles has an infinite amount of content to blow through, pacing is really important.

I WANT stuff to work towards, that's why I play...
Meanwhile i only need 1,175 more charms to have all of the charm bought pets.
You can have 2000 pets but only 25 quests. Go go technology in 2018!
I think it makes sense if the 2k requires already having learned the 1.5k. It also means people that purchased the 1.5k in BFA won't feel like they've wasted charms.

I got the 1.5k limit from doing something during Legion, can't remember what off the top of my head. Was surprised when I visited the vendor and saw the item there.
I can confirm that purchasing the Interdimensional Pet Portal will require that you've previously used the Pocket Pet Portal.

*gasp* A wild CM appears!

Thanks for the clarification. As a suggestion, I think the Interdimensional Pet Portal's tooltip should be updated to indicate the Pocket Pet Portal prerequisite, so people have a heads up before they purchase.

As for Polished Pet Charms, I really do hope there will be more ways to obtain them in the near future. A more guaranteed and static method that's NOT gated (rep-gated, time-gated, etc.) would be appreciated.
10/04/2018 11:37 AMPosted by Maizou
But seriously, give us a shoulder enchant like Boon of the Zookeeper, or make it so every pet world quest drops a few charms. (like 2-4)

We need some source of reliable daily charms like WoD (every daily tamer gave 2 charms) and Legion (zookeeper enchant) had.

Especially since BFA requires 2-3 (if not more) times more charms than those two expansions required to get all the rewards, on top of you increasing the price of the +25 level stones.

The fact the only source of charms in BFA comes from WQs that spawn based on RNG and only reward 13-15 when they do is really messed up when we need 6,850 for everything. (Other than mission table missions, which have even worse RNG spawns, Maizou hasn't seen one in over a month)

Right now the only reliable way to get pet charms is to raise an army of level 120 alts, and that's not okay.

You realize Zookeeper wasn't added until 7.1 in Legion, right? You also seem to have ignored Recon's analysis that there's nothing really wrong with the current system, you just want to finish it. Additionally, you didn't answer their question - how long do you want this to take? What's a reasonable time frame for it for you? For me personally, as long as I'm able to finish it before the expansion's over and this becomes old content, I don't really have much of an issue with it. Would I like to see more ways to get charms? Sure! But to me it doesn't really matter how long it takes as long as I know I'll be able to get through it eventually.
10/04/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Kaivax
Aloha!

8.1 PTR - new item that increases the cap of total battle pets in your journal: Interdimensional Pet Portal.

Costs 1k Polished Pet Charms. Unknown if there are any prerequisites before you can purchase it (such as already having the 1.5k increase).

09/28/2018 05:47 PMPosted by Maizou
Considering the rate at which I'm getting pet charms, and that I need 5100 for every pet charm pet, I'll get this 2000 pet item approximately in 2021.

Are missions and world quests going to give more gold as well?
10/04/2018 06:36 PMPosted by Qaccy
10/04/2018 11:37 AMPosted by Maizou

You realize Zookeeper wasn't added until 7.1 in Legion, right? You also seem to have ignored Recon's analysis that there's nothing really wrong with the current system, you just want to finish it. Additionally, you didn't answer their question - how long do you want this to take? What's a reasonable time frame for it for you? For me personally, as long as I'm able to finish it before the expansion's over and this becomes old content, I don't really have much of an issue with it. Would I like to see more ways to get charms? Sure! But to me it doesn't really matter how long it takes as long as I know I'll be able to get through it eventually.

Yes, and people like me complaining about a lack of reliable sources of charms is why zookeeper was added.

A couple months (for the amount of pets, I think 4-6 months is fine) is an acceptable amount of time to spend. However, I have 4 more months of world quests to do WHEN THEY SPAWN. At the rate they spawn, that's probably about another year. That's not acceptable.

If we had a guaranteed pet charm quest every day, I wouldn't be complaining, cause then I'd be getting done within the 6 months. But no, at the rate we get the quests, I won't be done within a year.
You all keep saying not enough WQ battle pet to get the charms...your forgetting your Mission board too gives them....all 3 of my 120's get at least 1 or more missions for new Pet Charms a week now.
10/05/2018 12:58 AMPosted by Moused
You all keep saying not enough WQ battle pet to get the charms...your forgetting your Mission board too gives them....all 3 of my 120's get at least 1 or more missions for new Pet Charms a week now.

I was getting almost daily mission table quests for charms up until a few days ago. Now it's crickets. I hope they come back with the same intensity because I've only just seriously got into pet battling. That being said, it would suck if someone like me, who only started obsessing over pets with BFA, could quickly earn what it's taken other people years to earn. Getting more polished pet charms is usually the highlight of my playtime lol.