Remove Cost for Azerite Reforging

General Discussion
That's absolutely what it's for. Not only will you need to collect multiple sets for multiple specs, but you'll want to keep grinding those sets until you get the optimal azerite traits. But wait! What about getting a warforged piece with optimal azerite traits?

It's layered RNG designed to drag out a grind.

azerite pieces can't WF/TF btw.
09/25/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Webson
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Why do we need to keep 2 copies of the same piece of gear?

Hu? It's literally been like this for 14 years people.

If you want to maximize the best performance in all 3 specs, this is nothing new.

No it hasn't, and you're full of garbage.

I've had to farm Dashing Boots of Incredible Subtlety, and I've had to farm Dashing Boots of Incredible Piracy, different pieces for different specs.

Later on, I only had to farm 1 Dashing Boots of Incredible Stealth, and any spec specific traits or effects would swap over to whatever spec I currently was. I have never had to farm 2 copies of the exact same piece

Now if an Azerite piece is applicable to 2 specs, your answer is to farm a second copy of that piece? Now I need to farm 2 copies of Dashing Boots of Azerite Stealth if I want to use the Sin trait for sin and the Outlaw trait for outlaw? Just because?

This isn't the same, stop acting like it is.
09/25/2018 06:57 PMPosted by Terranox
Clearly its a gold sink. And they said they expected players to get multiple pieces for different specs
Which is not fun. I can understand swapping out trinkets, but swapping a whole set of gear kinda sucks.
09/25/2018 05:57 PMPosted by Grayston
Azerite Armor was introduced as something that was for all specs and wouldn't limit you the same way that Artifact Weapons did.

It is silly that after reforging once, I have to pay another 10-20K to reforge back.

Remove the cost please as it severely limits flexible gameplay and Mythic+ is full of people who roll Tank or Healer just to get in, when they main DPS, and wont change their traits due to the steep exponential cost increases.
The cost should not be totally eliminated because of your reasonings but rather for the simple fact that Blizzard is retuning these traits and STILL have absolutely no clue what the hell they are doing.
09/25/2018 07:19 PMPosted by Gunny
09/25/2018 06:28 PMPosted by Xakopane
With the azerite tax in place that provides a disincentive for me to swap to either of the other mage specs.

I am glad to hear there are folks who don't mind collecting up multiple sets.

Is that really what the tax is for - pushing folks to build up multiple sets? I'm not so certain.

That's absolutely what it's for. Not only will you need to collect multiple sets for multiple specs, but you'll want to keep grinding those sets until you get the optimal azerite traits. But wait! What about getting a warforged piece with optimal azerite traits?

It's layered RNG designed to drag out a grind.

Azerite gear doesn't WF, nice try.
He still has a point. It's RNG layed upon RNG.

Completely random factors that you do not control.

Will your piece be an ilvl upgrade? If so will it have the useful talents you need? If so, will Blizzard nerf those talents next week? Who knows! Especially since most peoples Azerite gear is going to be coming from a keystone chest. It'll be RNG whether you get a piece or not and you only got one shot a week.

Have fun!
Just use what is the best item level.
unless its a 5-10 difference and the trait is much greater.
For those that think you shouldn't be reforging, you clearly don't understand min/max. Small changes in gear can cause certain traits to no longer be optimal.

This is fine if you casually play, but it matters if you're helping your guild progress on content no matter the difficulty.

A system with so many changing choices shouldn't be so punishing for taking advantage of those choices.
09/25/2018 06:02 PMPosted by Kakurine
This why you have multiple sets of gear to maximize for different specs. You shouldnt be reforging to begin with.

Its easy enough to get the azerite pieces as is. Why wouldnt you have immediatly been gathering multiple sets for a class with three specs.

You know, they added alternating stats on armor to get rid of having to carry multiple sets.

I would assume that's part of the reason azerite armor has no secondary stats.

The reforging costs just seems... petty.
09/25/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Webson
09/25/2018 06:30 PMPosted by Ozzyprime

Why do we need to keep 2 copies of the same piece of gear?

Hu? It's literally been like this for 14 years people.

If you want to maximize the best performance in all 3 specs, this is nothing new.

"Its a good idea because we've always done it this way."

get this cancerous attitude out of here.

Tradition for the sake of tradition is the death of progress.
Imo, tomes should allow you to respec azerite traits as well. I did switch between arms/fury quite often. Also good ilvl azerite gear isn't farmable.

Seems like it's counter productive to return to the city hub to change 1 trait on a piece of gear.
If you're not supposed to reforge your gear why is it an option? Eat Yo gold, that's why.

It is particularly humorous how they keep nerfing and buffing azerite traits so soon after the expansion launched. You'd think beta would have been the place for that.

This whole situation is just Blizzard deflating the gold market, that's all.
09/25/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Xakopane
I was quite happy when they made the old raid tier gear swap around depending upon what specification you were in at the time. Azerite gear should work in a similar way as it has filled the tier set piece role.
Seconded.
They intend for you to have different sets for different roles, like you probably would for non azerite armor pieces. For example I have a Havoc and a Vengeance gear sets each with their own azerite armor pieces. The stuff rains down upon us, you should have no trouble gathering pieces to build role specific sets.
A far better and easier solution would be to not lock in the Az traits and let you swap them out of combat.
09/26/2018 04:39 AMPosted by Caelin
They intend for you to have different sets for different roles, like you probably would for non azerite armor pieces. For example I have a Havoc and a Vengeance gear sets each with their own azerite armor pieces. The stuff rains down upon us, you should have no trouble gathering pieces to build role specific sets.

Rains down upon us? Oh I see you’re IL 357. Those of us at a decent IL only get one chance a week basically to get better Azerite gear. And yes, I do have 3 shoulder pieces
09/25/2018 06:02 PMPosted by Kakurine
This why you have multiple sets of gear to maximize for different specs. You shouldnt be reforging to begin with.

Its easy enough to get the azerite pieces as is. Why wouldnt you have immediatly been gathering multiple sets for a class with three specs.

Id have multiple pieces if I could even get the ones for my main slots!

I have a *CHANCE* at one piece a week with Mythic + as a Mythic Plus player. The only other way to even have a CHANCE at a slot I need or even a duplicate is to raid Heroic.

There is no way to target a piece I need and there is no way to even hope I have multiples of even remotely not trash traits for the spec I need the second piece for.
09/26/2018 05:06 AMPosted by Swålsh
09/26/2018 04:39 AMPosted by Caelin

Rains down upon us? Oh I see you’re IL 357. Those of us at a decent IL only get one chance a week basically to get better Azerite gear. And yes, I do have 3 shoulder pieces

Rains down on us, lolololol. Maybe 340 pieces you can actually farm. Cant even titanforge so I cant even just do M0s hoping.
09/25/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Xakopane
I disagree with the multiple set idea, filling up your bags with a separate set for each specification. I was quite happy when they made the old raid tier gear swap around depending upon what specification you were in at the time. Azerite gear should work in a similar way as it has filled the tier set piece role.

Why punish someone who happened to get an azerite piece (or two) that happens to have great abilities for multiple specs and that person fields those specs for their guild. For example, a paladin who heals in raids and tanks in mythics and mythic pluses. I do not understand the need for the tax on this type of player.

I agree completely. It's even worse if you use different traits for PvP, and PvE. It's very easy to get to 10k+. I am ok with having a Respec cost, but give it a cap like respeccing had back in the day, and make it reasonable. I understand the need for gold sinks but don't punish the players for flooding the game with gold, that's not the answer the problem Blizzard created in the first place.