Affliction once again

Warlock
Why does it feel like Blizzard just wants us to play affliction? Affliction top at ST. Top at cleave. Top at everything. Why can't blizzard balance the other specs to be as good as affliction? What is so wrong about not having affliction be the best spec for once?
In all fairness....Demonology can do well....if you never have to move and have lots of stuff to burst down with Implosion that doesn't live long enough for Afflocks to get their dots.

(So, basically, Demo does great in content from last expansion!)
09/26/2018 12:16 PMPosted by Deacar
Why does it feel like Blizzard just wants us to play affliction? Affliction top at ST. Top at cleave. Top at everything. Why can't blizzard balance the other specs to be as good as affliction? What is so wrong about not having affliction be the best spec for once?

Exactly.
09/26/2018 12:18 PMPosted by Galbsadi
In all fairness....Demonology can do well....if you never have to move and have lots of stuff to burst down with Implosion that doesn't live long enough for Afflocks to get their dots.

It might do “well” or is fun or whatever, but math shows it’s far inferior to aff.

I’m so tired of playing aff too OP. Im in the process of switching mains. Aff has to be the most boring spec ever created. I feel lik I’m doing nothing relevant like 50% of the time outside of CD windows.
Affliction is more involved than some of the other casters. We have to manage three dots on multiple mobs, soul shards, and UA timing with cd’s. I love dots!
09/26/2018 03:34 PMPosted by Apollexx
09/26/2018 12:18 PMPosted by Galbsadi

It might do “well” or is fun or whatever, but math shows it’s far inferior to aff.

I’m so tired of playing aff too OP. Im in the process of switching mains. Aff has to be the most boring spec ever created. I feel lik I’m doing nothing relevant like 50% of the time outside of CD windows.

The math still has affliction ahead, sure, but demo is by no means "far inferior" on the math side. It falls off on practice side with how this raid is with movement...hence the sims and logs not having much parity.
Dont listen ;)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/19#difficulty=4&class=Warlock&spec=Destruction
09/26/2018 03:50 PMPosted by Anacrussys
Affliction is more involved than some of the other casters. We have to manage three dots on multiple mobs, soul shards, and UA timing with cd’s. I love dots!

I’ve had my fill of dots in Argus.
This is just annoying at this point.
For some reason every time that demo is good, it's too good and gets nerfed a tier later.

Aff has only been a disgustingly overpowered monster once and that made them delete dot snapshotting which made the spec infinitely less fun.

I just want all 3 specs to be viable and more importantly, fun again
Well, Sims I was reading earlier today with full T22 gear showed a difference of 600dps (5% or less) between Affliction and the other specs. Maybe it is not as dire now that the changes have all been made. Perhaps now people will play whatever they want instead, and the devs can fix the PvP issues.
Checking in: reluctantly playing affliction.
but 8 months ago Ion said no king rules forever.
Play what you like and don't look so much at sims. At the casual levels of this game, people of similar ilevel and skill are going to put up similar numbers no matter what spec they play.

Our destro lock and I are always right near each other on the dps list. Whoever is on top depends on who got more upgrades that week or who nailed their cooldowns better/played the fight mechanics better (ususally him, haha).

Regardless, unless you're in a super strict guild, no one is going to notice a difference of what you play unless you're the lowest dps all the time vs similar ilevel people--and at that point, it might be time to look at your rotation and gear anyway.

I play affliction because I find it easier to do mechanics and maintain steady dps. I'd play it if it was top warlock or bottom, because the style suits me.
09/26/2018 12:16 PMPosted by Deacar
Why does it feel like Blizzard just wants us to play affliction?

They just don't care much for the class and affliction happens to have foundations that are more robust against negligence and stupid design.
u guyz need to understand Dots have to do the most dmg in the long run. This is largely due the required ramp up time.

Unlike other classes who can do alot of upfront dmg in the in a short span of time. upfront dmg classes need to have a draw back in which in the long run they lose out in sustained dmg.

if u nerf this, dot based spects like affliction warlocks are finished.
I main affliction, I like dots, cant speak to demo but the one other person in my guild still playing a warlock is destruction and they do pretty damn well. The difference in dps isnt too big on most fights.

My main complaint is I cant get away from damn crit/vers gear.
I just hate being forced to play aff in pvp situations. In raids it’s all good. In pvp I Main Demo. Last night literally no one would Q with me since I was 1) warlock and 2) not aff.

Went through 3 groups and dropped 100 rating because I was forced to play aff. And had to spend every game dying through wall/all other defensives because that’s fun.

Finally set up a group as Demo (shadowcleave) and we go 7-3 before I had to go to work. Moral is, aff is best in raiding. But in pvp I wish people would just let us play what we want. All the wins were blow-outs too...

Demo can do well, maybe not in a raid scenario but in pvp it’s golden. Wish I could just find a team that would allow me to Q demo rather than pug groups that refuse to play with anything but aff. Or no lock at all :)
I await the day that Demo is the top spec. This game is cyclical, Demo is bound to not be !@#$ at some point in BFA.
09/27/2018 09:36 AMPosted by Dagoro
I await the day that Demo is the top spec. This game is cyclical, Demo is bound to not be !@#$ at some point in BFA.

So you say.

Remember when Ion said no king rules forever?
Affy lock still tops in mythic pluses too.