What the hell is a io score?

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
Can someone please tell me what this is? I dunno what happened but all of the sudden this week is all about "Checking io" or "Have good io score" And when I ask, I either don't get a response, or they tell me that I'm too horrible for doing mythic dungeons. What the hell people? I'm doing Mythic +4 dungeons okay and now all of the sudden I'm no longer validated because some crap these players are making up?

Seriously though, what the hell is a io score and why is this preventing me from doing something I've been doing fine for a while now? And it does not help that these idiots won't tell me what that even is.

Update: okay, I got my answers and I already came to a conclusion that Raider.io is a cancerous third party that it pretty much left me in the dark and its too late to even do about it. So, to get this straight. I gotta do mythic dungeons to get a io score but the problem is. I've been rated by some elitist that I have a crappy score (Because I have no damn close how it is rated and what's the threshold for be considered "good") that I should NOT be doing regular mythics by any means and yet for the past few weeks I've been okay and clearly as high as +4. What the hell!?

Does Blizzard even approve of this? Its really upsetting and hurting my chances by a huge margin to even do regular mythics somehow! I cannot even understand how this suddenly cropped up all of the sudden and now I'm incapable because of some stupid person's program to dictate my experience? I know I'm coming off as a whiner but seriously, I can't even prove myself if I'm being judged already.
https://raider.io/characters/us/wyrmrest-accord/Rosemaim

It's a 3ed party tool used to get a general idea of someone's m+ experience/skill.
It's a score that you need to be so high as to be oxygen-starved, if you want any shot at mythic+ groups.
09/27/2018 08:08 PMPosted by Darkynhalvos
It's a score that you need to be so high as to be oxygen-starved, if you want any shot at mythic+ groups.

Well this is just fan-!@#$ing-tastic. Thanks Raider.io for ruining Mythic runs for me. Never thought that until now I need a third party to be important and have fun.
lots of these threads lately, is google down?
09/27/2018 08:11 PMPosted by Crippey

Yeah, lemme type in io score and expect it to pop up for the first time because all I ever get is those io games.
Its a way for !@#$ty people to be %^-*tier.
Raider.io is an abomination which needs to find its way into the trashcan, or be recycled into some sort of ingame mechanic and then changed how it functions and then kill the third party. Just like they did to gearscore. These system serve no purpose other then to create an environment of exclusivity and toxicity.
Truly a fantastic addon. 10/10 would recommend

09/27/2018 08:10 PMPosted by Rosemaim
Well this is just fan-!@#$ing-tastic. Thanks Raider.io for ruining Mythic runs for me.

Hm?

It should improve your experience.

Never thought that until now I need a third party to be important and have fun

Just think of it as a dungeon rating/score that somebody came up with due to lack of sufficient in-game equivalent.

Item level for instance just doesn't mean much these days when there's such a drastic skill gap between players.
09/27/2018 08:13 PMPosted by Rosemaim
09/27/2018 08:11 PMPosted by Crippey

Yeah, lemme type in io score and expect it to pop up for the first time because all I ever get is those io games.
I just googled "wow io score" and raider.io was the first link.

If you don't like people putting experience requirements on groups, then make your own group and invite whoever you like.
It’s a number that other players distill your total objective worth and potential into, because clearly that’s totally possible to do fairly and accurately.
A score of 187 is not worthy enough.
Anyone checking an IO score on a +4 or less isn't worth your time.
If you didn't even try to find it on google then no surprise you cant get a higher rating lol.

It helps people whom want to find experienced people in PuGs.
09/27/2018 08:18 PMPosted by Byro
09/27/2018 08:13 PMPosted by Rosemaim

I just googled "wow io score" and raider.io was the first link.

If you don't like people putting experience requirements on groups, then make your own group and invite whoever you like.

I can see that being reasonable but what if I want to do Mythic +? I can't do that if I don't have a key. And they don't often drop for me for some reason.
It's amusing a long time ago in some religious document.. it was suggested that we would all be measured and valued by a number which would be placed on our person. Without this number you would be unable to participate in daily activities. Or some such like that.

Raider.io is the mark of the beast.
09/27/2018 08:24 PMPosted by Rosemaim

I can see that being reasonable but what if I want to do Mythic +? I can't do that if I don't have a key. And they don't often drop for me for some reason.

they drop for you, you are not special, you are not bugged, you have a key somewhere. also join a guild and do runs with them is your best bet.
09/27/2018 08:27 PMPosted by Annaillusion
It's amusing a long time ago in some religious document.. it was suggested that we would all be measured and valued by a number which would be placed on our person. Without this number you would be unable to participate in daily activities. Or some such like that.

Raider.io is the mark of the beast.

wh-what
09/27/2018 08:08 PMPosted by Darkynhalvos

Well this is just fan-!@#$ing-tastic. Thanks Raider.io for ruining Mythic runs for me. Never thought that until now I need a third party to be important and have fun.

Eh. Could be worse. GearScore could still be a thing.

But honestly, RaiderIO is optional. If you still want to raid or do M+, you can get into a guild that does those things, or you can make your own groups instead of trying to sign up for a PUG that has a RaiderIO requirement.
09/27/2018 08:24 PMPosted by Rosemaim

The best way is to run M+ with friends, join a guild that run them, or exchange B-Tag of ones you meet in Mythic+ dungeons.

Eventually you won't need to rely on pugging.