Only 1 DH in the top 100 on 3s?

Arenas
How come people are calling for their nerfs despite their low representation on ladder?
It's obvious to me that you haven't stepped into an arena match this season
09/28/2018 08:11 AMPosted by Santyclaws
It's obvious to me that you haven't stepped into an arena match this season

I guess top 100 on ladder haven't stepped into the arena either? How about you address the facts.
just shows dudes playing dh are low skilled
The issue is that as skill gets lower across the board, DH seem more and more powerful. As a DH, I fully admit that the class is significantly easier to play effectively than most other classes, save maybe Arms Warrior.

So assuming equal skill levels across both teams, at 2400+, DH is relatively balanced. At 1400, though, a bad player on a DH is much more effective than a bad player on, say, a Mage.

There's also the reality that many of the top tier PvP players have been playing the same class for years, and just haven't swapped to DH, which may account for at least some of the representation.
I didn't know that low rep was an auto save for something that might be busted.
I think DH represents a really good level of strength in arena, and they should be left exactly where they are. Revolving blades got tuned down. The only nerf to DH that I think could be called for is mana rift, but honestly I like the idea of speeding up games by manaburning rather than 50% dampening so idk.

I think blizz should aspire to buff all underperforming classes to the level of dh first and foremost, and then nerf overperforming classes to the level of dh. I dont want classes to suck in arena because that isnt fun for anybody. Healthy arena = large variety of strong classes, strong comps.

Also, if DH is a bit easier to play at low ratings than other classes, I think thats fine too. Have to keep in mind that there are players who have played wow for 10+ years, and there are players who have played for 2 years or less. If playing a DH bc it helps a newer player feel more competitive, gets them into playing arenas and it helps them have fun with it, why not? More activity in pvp is a good thing.
Top 100 in 3s means nothing in terms of balance. Like what kind of crazy system would that be. The top players play what they want. If they all decided to play DH then it would be filled with DH. Just a lot of them don't want a brain dead face roll spec.
Yeah I'm with you, I think if someone has been complaining about DH they're getting stomped down at low rated games and think it's DH cause they're failing something fundamental. In that way DH can feel really overwhelming if you're not using CC properly or not switching targets at the right times.
09/28/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Armaran
How come people are calling for their nerfs despite their low representation on ladder?

Because dh are doing crazy amount of dmg which made no sense
Without the old 3x revolving blades traits this DH honestly doesn't feel anywhere near as strong. Ret, SV, Assassin, and Enhance all feel like they do more single target damage than me now. Not complaining at all as I have zero desire to even play this game anymore and I still think DH is viable, but just calling it how I see it. If I cleave a lot of pets my overall numbers can still be good, but single target pressure is definitely behind other specs now.
Top 100 really isnt that bad of a metric to look at, there are more than 100 R1 capable players and the class representation you see in that top 100 is at least slightly indicative of what classes are performing the best in certain metas, but the best thing to look at IMO would be tournament representation.

Most of the top players are multi classers and have been around for a long long time, before DH existed. So, not many consistent R1 players out there who 1 trick DH now, but if its that good they WILL play it in tournaments right? Tourney teams will play anything they can to give themselves the best chance of winning possible. We have seen some DH comps in the recent tourneys, but weve seen a whole lot of other comps too.
09/28/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Telendron
Enhance
I feel like Enhance is currently sleeper strong because of how weak they are in PvE. It's the only class that's able to consistently out-damage me in PvP.
because DH instantly dies in stuns and the ladder is flooded with rogue/x/x
Because people want blizzard to balance the game around the 1600 bracket.
09/28/2018 09:24 AMPosted by Chaosbug
09/28/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Telendron
Enhance
I feel like Enhance is currently sleeper strong because of how weak they are in PvE. It's the only class that's able to consistently out-damage me in PvP.

That's because enhance PvP talents literally have 15% more damage + nearly 400% additional stormstrike if you consider the cleave.
people who use representation in the top 0.5% give me a headache

the absolute stupidest thing in the world is using small scale rep like top 100 or blizzcon tournament to hammer in "x ISNT broken btw"

mw for example, you see this rdruid godcomp in the tournament right now
rdruid is significantly worse than mw right now
does that mean BUFF MW? no stupid

top 100 is typically the same players pretty consistently and they dont just reroll nonstop the way bad 2k players do

jellybeans is still going to be top 100 even if all 3 hunter specs are awful
is he going to be jellydh just cause hunters got a nerf? no thats stupid

yeah people like tril might have trillp the paladin pop up when rets busted and hes practicing other comps but his dh or ww are still going to be higher
mesW warrior might pop up in the top 100 while hes practicing a warrior comp
but that has literally nothing to do with busted specs

the best place to LOOK FOR balancing issues are between 2200 and 2600
this is where a vast majority of ever changing players are
you'll see at 2200 20% assass rogues when assass is busted
or 20% frost dk when fdk is busted

as broken as dk was in legion you still saw maybe 2 alts
wizk and idk rosita in top 100 as "rerolls" but their mains are still higher / there

im not saying you should balance around 2400 but you can absolutely tell more from the 300000 1800xp rogues that are 2400 right now over the top 100 of ladder that are almost always exclusively the same players on the same classes theyve played since fkn mop
09/28/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Armaran

Its like Frost DK at the end of Legion. The playstyle of DH is very one dimensional, and fairly easy to shut down as its just pure raw damage. Meta is also extremely telegraphed, and quite easy to play around as well. DH/DH just tend to be low bracket pub stompers but the highest echelons of play tend to favor classes with more control.