Why is the playerbase so toxic to playable High Elves?

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
never seen this in any other game. 100% What is the problem? I see no issue from having playable high elves on the Alliance. The lore is there, the history is there, the models are unique enough and already in game. Plus HOTS confirms that High Elves are unique enough that the game has High Elf skins for heroes and Blood Elf skins for heroes.
I think it's mostly to get under the skin of those wanting high elves. That crowd seems to be pretty sensitive about it, so they're easy to troll.
1. They're already in the game -- look WAY too similar to literally 4 other races available in the game.
2. It's funny.
3. It's daily spam so people got tired of hearing it.
It's a faction conflict expansion. People are counting their, 'Wins,' and, 'Losses,' and trying to make sure their, 'Side,' comes out on top.

The reality is if High Elves were added most people against the addition would shrug and just go back to playing the game, and just not role a High Elf.
09/30/2018 06:30 PMPosted by Hekkur
1. They're already in the game -- look WAY too similar to literally 4 other races available in the game.
2. It's funny.
Because WE. ALREADY. ARE. IN. THE. GAME.
People keep using Warcraft 2 as an excuse for the alliance to have high elves and it’s painfully wrong.
Because you are never getting high elves and that’s very funny to us
I can't speak on behalf of the people who are adamantly against the idea.

Personally I just couldn't care less about more races, and I especially couldn't care less about adding more elven races (this game already has 4).

I mean feel free to add high elves, low elves, dark elves, light elves, fat elves....whatever. It's all the same thing anyway.
Why is the player base so obsessed about Blood Elves with different color eyes?
The loudest high elf supports tend to show a lot of toxocity too, so people end up picking on the community as a whole, even the nice ones.

I've had bad run-ins with high elf supporters, moreso than friendly interactions, simply for being a blood elf player.
Because it became cancerous with the "High elf megathread part 2000" that would sit on front page along with its previous parts with nonsensical bumps of people literally not adding anything new to the idea or just calling most people who didnt like the idea "trolls".

Which then spun into every second GD thread being about high elves with nothing of value actually talked.

Its basically doing the same now, but no one really gives a !@#$.
Because people like too bash other people because they don't like something. Sad I know. I couldn't care less if we get high elves or not, but I am not rude about it.
Way too many elves as it is. NO MOAR!!!
09/30/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Tymberlea

Yep
09/30/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Drunok
People keep using Warcraft 2 as an excuse for the alliance to have high elves and it’s painfully wrong.

Yep
09/30/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Meihrunes
Why is the player base so obsessed about Blood Elves with different color eyes?

And yep

Any more questions about your spam?
HEs in BfA launcher = more balance pop, more hype and a warmode with true fun...
09/30/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Revlol
09/30/2018 06:30 PMPosted by Hekkur
2. It's funny.
09/30/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Tymberlea

Funny. The High Elf skins in the game file are NPC only and are named different than Blood Elves. How odd...

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/442591285317206021/479233323336466479/Screenshot_20180815-110406.jpg?width=691&height=677
09/30/2018 06:27 PMPosted by Iyasra
never seen this in any other game. 100% What is the problem? I see no issue from having playable high elves on the Alliance. The lore is there, the history is there, the models are unique enough and already in game. Plus HOTS confirms that High Elves are unique enough that the game has High Elf skins for heroes and Blood Elf skins for heroes.
The problem is that a lot of us on the Horde do *not* want our faction's visible identity stolen.

High Elves are problematic because the people who keep demanding them want a Horde race clone just with different eye colors. And yes, lore-wise they are different. But there is reason to not dilute the visual differences between the Horde and Alliance. Right now its basically just Panda's that are shared between. Even the Void Elves though basically very very similar models are so different in color that they are easily identifiable as Alliance from far away.

High Elves would not be.

So, I don't oppose them because I want to be a jerk to the people that want them.

I oppose them because I think they would detract from the game by making the factions lose identity.

And I'm sorry if that means you people who want to play them can't. But they aren't worth the problems they will cause if they are put in to me. So I will never support them and will always be against them becoming playable.
09/30/2018 06:27 PMPosted by Iyasra
Plus HOTS confirms that High Elves are unique enough that the game has High Elf skins for heroes and Blood Elf skins for heroes.

So I looked this up by going through the skins, the only HElves I had found were:

Ranger-General Sylvanas
A recolor of Belf Tyrande.

They arent unique enough.