Why is the playerbase so toxic to playable High Elves?

General Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 26 Next

I like how you ignore half of my response, glad to see you stopped trying. What else do ya got?

I like how you ignore all of my WOW response and decide to bring WC3 into this.

The funniest part is how you said Blood Elf is Alliance first from the lore standpoint and yet you missed the most vital lore of why Blood Elf isn't in Alliance, which is explained in the game itself already.

I bet you think Darth Vader belong to the Jedi because he's a Jedi first, no matter what happen right?

It's literally not though it's a gameplay contrivance to make blood elves horde that was purely to put a pretty race on the horde. Anything that happened after that choice is post justification, in fact most thought that blood elves or high elves would be the final alliance race before they decided on sub 2% playrate gnomes for comic relief.
10/02/2018 05:11 AMPosted by Xathra
10/01/2018 03:44 PMPosted by Bigbilly
Because I can't tell the difference between Blood Elf and High Elf

They literally look exactly the same.

And you can tell the difference between me and blood elf how exactly? Oh that's right the color of the name plate just like pandas.

you look great, btw. awesome gear.
10/02/2018 05:25 AMPosted by Rustwell
Doesn't really help that:

1. There is already a hero class designed that is exclusive to nelfs and belfs.
2. They got there model updates before goblins and worgen, despite goblins/worgen needing it more badly.
3. They are getting heritage armor first.
4. Belfs and high elves are basically the narcissists and mean girls of the game.
5. There are 4 elf races already and 1 one of them is a reskinned version of the other.

Just to name a few reasons why.

Going to add more reasons:

6. People continue to ask for more elf updates, but elfs are already able to be just about every class and have many customizable options.
7. They tend to be a magnet for people who think they look awesome just for existing, but don't really.
8. Then theres the whole moon guard thing which is dominated by elves, but Draenei also are heavy in that.

well i think female goblins are adorable. and the males are dripping with character. and i still want playable high elves on the alliance and decursed naga high elves. or even some new and beautiful race or super fun race. but the new part seems to be a stickler.. see the allied race thing, requires existing PLAYER races so they can share armor sets. otherwise the art department has to come up with 120 levels of armor.
10/02/2018 02:05 AMPosted by Lavinnelly
kul tiran culture is significantly different from stormwinds because they've been seperated from the mainland for nearly 3000 years

What? By the in-game timeline, I believe it it has only been ~12 years since the end of the Third War and Proudmoore's death, and present-day BfA events.
10/02/2018 05:38 AMPosted by Tarc
10/02/2018 02:05 AMPosted by Lavinnelly
kul tiran culture is significantly different from stormwinds because they've been seperated from the mainland for nearly 3000 years

What? By the in-game timeline, I believe it it has only been ~12 years since the end of the Third War and Proudmoore's death, and present-day BfA events.

Shhh don't confuse them with facts they still think I'm visually distinguishable from a blood elf.
10/02/2018 05:15 AMPosted by Áysha
10/02/2018 01:03 AMPosted by Sapphre
they wanted exclusive bragging rights on the prettiest race.

Excuse-me, we already have such rights, after all we have both tauren races in our faction.

well you need to get busy and getcha some antlers. :D cause they look cool.
09/30/2018 06:27 PMPosted by Iyasra
never seen this in any other game. 100% What is the problem? I see no issue from having playable high elves on the Alliance. The lore is there, the history is there, the models are unique enough and already in game. Plus HOTS confirms that High Elves are unique enough that the game has High Elf skins for heroes and Blood Elf skins for heroes.

Perhaps one of the reasons why Alliance Helfers are so toxic is because they believe they're better than those who oppose their desire.
10/02/2018 06:10 AMPosted by Starlagosa
never seen this in any other game. 100% What is the problem? I see no issue from having playable high elves on the Alliance. The lore is there, the history is there, the models are unique enough and already in game. Plus HOTS confirms that High Elves are unique enough that the game has High Elf skins for heroes and Blood Elf skins for heroes.

Perhaps one of the reasons why Alliance Helfers are so toxic is because they believe they're better than those who oppose their desire.

Nah I dont think the Helfers believe they are better than the ones who oppose them. They just believe they ARE better than Blood Elves - which is true.
10/02/2018 06:10 AMPosted by Starlagosa

who me? oh heavens no! i think you're great.
The argument of there not being enough different about them to exist has never held water when compared to what already exists.

Lightforged. Eredar who have been following the light, battling the Legion, and sucking up the Xera juice for 25,000 years.

High Elves. A few scattered outposts who didn't rename themselves Blood Elf 20 years ago.

Mag'har. Brown Orcs who never drank demon blood and therefore have unbroken traditional culture and brown skin from their native world with what? a hundred+ years of segregation.

Silver Covenant. Alliance loyalist High Elves that apparently now hate Horde High Elves on sight.

Nightbourne. Night Elves who spent 10,000 years in seclusion sucking up Nightwell energy leading to cultural and physical changes.

Alliance High Elves. Not enough of a population to continue a breeding stock and still the same thing as a Blood Elf.

Highmountain. Tauren cut off from the Kalimdor population for 10,000 years who developed a slightly different culture and have moose antlers thanks to a demigod.

Void Elves. Pulled from Blizzard's bung at the last second to placate High Elf fans. Blood Elves who in the last ~20 years experimented with Void energy, got irradiated, almost blew up the Sunwell, got kicked out of Silvermoon City, and went to the Alliance because they were mad at Lorethemar.
10/02/2018 06:31 AMPosted by Ruddypiper
The argument of there not being enough different about them to exist has never held water when compared to what already exists.

Lightforged. Eredar who have been following the light, battling the Legion, and sucking up the Xera juice for 25,000 years.

High Elves. A few scattered outposts who didn't rename themselves Blood Elf 20 years ago.

Mag'har. Brown Orcs who never drank demon blood and therefore have unbroken traditional culture and brown skin from their native world with what? a hundred+ years of segregation.

Silver Covenant. Alliance loyalist High Elves that apparently now hate Horde High Elves on sight.

Nightbourne. Night Elves who spent 10,000 years in seclusion sucking up Nightwell energy leading to cultural and physical changes.

Alliance High Elves. Not enough of a population to continue a breeding stock and still the same thing as a Blood Elf.

Highmountain. Tauren cut off from the Kalimdor population for 10,000 years who developed a slightly different culture and have moose antlers thanks to a demigod.

Void Elves. Pulled from Blizzard's bung at the last second to placate High Elf fans. Blood Elves who in the last ~20 years experimented with Void energy, got irradiated, almost blew up the Sunwell, got kicked out of Silvermoon City, and went to the Alliance because they were mad at Lorethemar.

physical changes do happen as a result of use/lack of use of the sunwell and leylines of quel'thalas. same thing, on a much grander scale, happened when the dark trolls morphed into highborne because of proximity to the well of eternity. when the high elves who split off from the blood elves, didnt go the route the blood elves did, they weren't effected by the fel proximity. they also were removed from the sunwell and the leylines of quel'thalas. they learned how to manage their mana problem by meditation. the blood elves were physically changed by the fel, although to what extent is not elaborated on beyond the eye color change.
Because in this community it's vogue for people to shut down and !@#$ on anything and everything regardless of any argument.

Hmm.

And High Elves have been living in Dalaran separate from the Blood Elves for thousands of years
10/02/2018 06:43 AMPosted by Derka
09/30/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Meihrunes
Why is the player base so obsessed about Blood Elves with different color eyes?
Because Alliance players want to be able to cyber with non-purple elf options.

lol i dont cyber. i have the real thing at home. dont need a replacement or temp fill-in or fantasy date or any of that. i just like elves.
10/02/2018 06:41 AMPosted by Sapphre
same thing, on a much grander scale, happened when the dark trolls morphed into highborne because of proximity to the well of eternity.

Tens of thousands of years. Versus a couple of decades.

the blood elves were physically changed by the fel,

They got green glowing eyes. Which per lore should be fading back to normal with the Sunwell cleansed.

when the high elves who split off from the blood elves, didnt go the route the blood elves did,

From what we've seen in game with the various Elf races, non Sunwell using High Elves should be going the route of the Withered or Wretched lacking Elune, Sunwell, Nightwell, Treething, or Fel magic sustenance.
10/02/2018 02:11 AMPosted by Lmaoforums
10/02/2018 01:39 AMPosted by Byucknah

And that shall be their name in the Allied Race menu! "Alliance 'Traitor' Elves"

I'd roll one :P

As long as we get Horde traitor humans. Seems like a fair trade off.

That is a real possibility with Alteric humans... I'd roll one
10/02/2018 06:52 AMPosted by Lorithyn
And High Elves have been living in Dalaran separate from the Blood Elves for thousands of years

Nope. Wrong. Blood Elves are High Elves that changed their name after Arthas and the Scourge attacked Quel'thalas and Silvermoon City and killed 90% of the population.

In game time that happened within the last 20 years.
10/02/2018 06:55 AMPosted by Lorithyn

Normal Dwarf characters start out killing lots of Dark Iron loyalists. Seems a good reason for Dark Iron to go Horde!
10/02/2018 06:57 AMPosted by Ruddypiper
10/02/2018 06:55 AMPosted by Lorithyn

Normal Dwarf characters start out killing lots of Dark Iron loyalists. Seems a good reason for Dark Iron to go Horde!

Makes more sense than blood elves being horde honestly