Classic WoW is going to kill BFA

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 16 Next
Apparently the possibility of playing both classic and BFA hasn't crossed in most people's minds.

I mean, they are so drastically different gameplay-wise it's like playing two different games. It's not like you can't play both, depending on your mood.
09/29/2018 07:33 AMPosted by Leshe
Want a mount as soon as you hit 40? Hope you're playing a Paladin or Warlock other wise, you'll have to pause leveling to play the AH, good luck on that epic mount at 60. Gold was not easy to come by in Vanilla.

I killed turtles by Theramore from 35ish to 41 for my Mage's mount. My first epic mount was the Stormpike charger because it didn't cost 800g.
The only thing I know is that Horde will run classic servers forcing Alliance players to quit in one week, as soon as they set foot in Stranglethorn Vale.

So make sure you roll horde !
09/29/2018 07:15 AMPosted by Goodmage
When Classic WoW comes out. People will see how much better Classic WoW is than BFA and regular wow will die out.

If telling yourself that helps you sleep at night, keep telling yourself those delusional tales.
Doubtful.
09/29/2018 03:18 PMPosted by Nocht
Why are you so scared of new servers

Pointing out a fact is not "being scared". Why do you want to turn this into an emotional argument ?

I was contesting the OP's assertion with a simple statement of fact.

It would be idiotic of anyone trying to depict my post as an "emotional plea".
09/29/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Scienttific
if people think bfa is broke they never played vanilla. We once spent a hour and a half trying to get a gm because our main tank fell threw the world when taking the zep, we ended up calling raid because he never stopped.

Falling through the world and not stopping was one of the Fates Worse Than Death back then....
Not gonna lie, if there's one thing I'd enjoy doing in Classic is playing Warlock PvP again. We were basically raid bosses.
This reminds me of one thing my grandmother who was a nurse told me. Crazy people don’t know they’re crazy.
09/29/2018 07:15 AMPosted by Goodmage
People will see how much better Classic WoW is than BFA and regular wow will die out.

lolno
I was playing Runescape when Vanilla was current, but I tried a few 'alternative' servers.

Cool game to play for about 2 weeks, for nostalgia sake (I got into BC, and classic MMOs are cozy in a strange way).

But people today are in for a very rude awakening, if they are complaining about no-flying, try corpse walking 67 miles to go back farming that sweet fire resistance gear to try getting into a hectic no-mechanics whatsoever Molten Core.

Oh yeah, and if you are a healer, so frigging sorry for you alone in the open world.
That's like saying the iphone xs is going to kill iphone x. You're lining up blizz's pockets either way.
I have already played WoW Classic. I played it 13 years ago.

It will not kill BfA. Sure, there may be a certain novelty for awhile, but this will end.

If you think leveling is slow now, just wait till you experience classic.

Oh, no riding until level 40. I was laughing, my family was crying when as a Warlock, my mount was free, while their's were very expensive.

Character graphics were crap! LOL. There have been massive improvements since vanilla.
I doubt it..

If people not liking the class design in BFA now... they will never like classic.

Do you know how slow.. and clunky classic is?

Pretty sure Almost everyone is a warrior.. You will run around and see 9/10 of the players are warriors...

So many specs are broken in classic and not even close to BFA.. they are actually trash to play.
09/29/2018 07:26 AMPosted by Eviscerator
I'm not exactly thrilled with bfa right now but classic wasn't that good.

I have nice memory of classic--but the game has improved so many times over it's hard to imagine WANTING to go back never mind actually going back.
09/29/2018 07:35 AMPosted by Veloon
09/29/2018 07:17 AMPosted by Glumrot
Wow classic is hilariously broken.. That’s what makes it fun

If people can’t even handle the instant gratification wow of today I doubt they will like classic

And I love classic btw

The instant gratification of new wow is why it isn't gratifying at all.

What's most hilarious is people who speak of "Classic" in the present tense, as though it currently exists and has been played by enough players to verify that it is authentic.
09/29/2018 07:33 AMPosted by Leshe
LOOOOOL Do you see these forums? Do you see what people complain about?

Class Balance? Yeah Vanilla was a cespool,most classes only had one viable spec at best.

People can't handle azurite grinding, how do you think they are going to be able to handle resistance gear grinding?

People complain about how slow scaled leveling is now... Classic leveling is still like 2x slower.

People refuse to talk now and complain about having to make Mythic groups... there is no group finder in classic so you have to form every group!!

Want a mount as soon as you hit 40? Hope you're playing a Paladin or Warlock other wise, you'll have to pause leveling to play the AH, good luck on that epic mount at 60. Gold was not easy to come by in Vanilla.

People complaining about reforging, well guess what they'll be complaining worse when they have to go to a class trainer and and pay to respec.

Not farming gold as you level, hope you don't want all your abilities when you level because you're about to be broke especially in higher levels.

Know those buffs you do, hope you saved gold to buy reagents and if your a Paladin, hope you brought enough to be useful with your 5 minute buffs.

Hunters, like having one less bag than everyone for your stuff, cause guess what you need to sacrifice a bag slot for a quiver or ammo pouch. Don't forget to stock op before a raid, because you can run out of ammo!!!

and this is just some of the fun features coming in Classic....

So no OP Classic will not kill BFA it will have an initial rush, then be a niche game.
lol that’s exactly WHY people want pre-BC servers. They don’t want this hand holding, no community, everyone’s a winner crap. Not to mention the gutted rpg mechanics. Definitely not a pretty gem, but a gem nonetheless.
The question I have is. If people covet and praise classic so much, Whats stopping you from playing on a private server right now?
I played during classic. Not interested in returning.

Good for the people who want that, but I sincerely doubt it's the majority of the player base. Though, I do agree, BFA does have issues.
I have already played WoW Classic. I played it 13 years ago.

Oh, no riding until level 40. I was laughing, my family was crying when as a Warlock, my mount was free, while their's were very expensive.

I was a lock main back then and I remember that questline. That was an experience! Hubby was [and still is] a paladin so he had his own questline. Though I do remember grinding gold to buy pieces for the questline, so not entirely free.