As a Desto Lock, two things I wish...

Warlock
for is:

1. Better mobility in combat, especially for PVP and M+ Dungeons. Heavy movement is not a friend to a Desto Lock, especially since we're not all that big on instant cast spells, well, except for one.
2. GoS to be gone and our damage returned to being baseline. I do not want to have to wait 3 minutes for the Infernal to come off CD just so my Chaos Bolt can actually do the damage it is supposed to do.
I agree :c our dmg is based on chaosbolt and chaosbolt's dmg is based on the infernal with a 3 min CD, it's just ridiculous ._.

And we are useless against any melee class, blizz removed all the spells that use to save our asses, now we are a dummy for melee classes :)
10/01/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Saralocks
1. Better mobility in combat, especially for PVP and M+ Dungeons. Heavy movement is not a friend to a Desto Lock, especially since we're not all that big on instant cast spells, well, except for one.

turret mentality. working as intended according to devs :/

10/01/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Saralocks
2. GoS to be gone and our damage returned to being baseline. I do not want to have to wait 3 minutes for the Infernal to come off CD just so my Chaos Bolt can actually do the damage it is supposed to do.

CB just needs love in general.
PvP especially. as you risk EVERYTHING using it (as chaos locked is a death sentence)

In PvE it feels bad seeing CB's doing just triple your spam filler spell damage :|
10/01/2018 03:27 PMPosted by Lockedheart
PvP especially. as you risk EVERYTHING using it (as chaos locked is a death sentence)

off topic - doesn't it also lock you out of autoattacking or something like that? I swear it used to

10/01/2018 03:27 PMPosted by Lockedheart
In PvE it feels bad seeing CB's doing just triple your spam filler spell damage :|

That sounds about in line with how it was in MoP/WoD(if you weren't CR), the issue destro has in my opinion, is not being able to cement itself as a rotation-based spec or a resource-management one. It's got a mix of both and it gets the short end of the stick for it. Chaos bolt should cost fewer soul shards, so it can be spam-casted during burst windows, and dumped at will during trinket procs/other things.

Or, it should ditch the shard fragment system altogether and go to being a boring rotation similar to aff or demo. I'd not prefer that, but it definitely needs to go one way or the other.
off topic - doesn't it also lock you out of autoattacking or something like that? I swear it used to

not that i know of.
AA and running is literally all you can do though >_<
for a massive risk it doesnt haev the power it should :|

10/01/2018 03:29 PMPosted by Haunter
Chaos bolt should cost fewer soul shards, so it can be spam-casted during burst windows, and dumped at will during trinket procs/other things.

this is where u and many others differ.

Most (from what i read) want CB to be back to hitting hard.

if u want spamming it frequetly then it cant hit hard.

a spamming CB just feels bad imho.

its basically a recolored incinerate at that point :/
10/01/2018 08:23 PMPosted by Lockedheart

And it would hit hard if we had the freedom to use it during crit/mastery/int proc windows.

That's precisely why I want it to cost fewer shards, with little if no change to its current damage. That's how it played in MoP and to a lesser extent WoD. It was hitting for upwards of 2.5-3m in MoP because in order to use it to its maximum effect, lining up CB dumps with huge spellpower procs was just how you were supposed to play the spec. a completely unbuffed chaos bolt always hit like a wet noodle, that's what separated good players from just ok players.

Managing shard fragments as a resource would be much more fun and less mindless, if that's how it played.

Of course, mindlessly spamming it would result in lower overall damage because what I'm proposing is the necessity to properly manage how and when you spam it for a maximum effect.

tl;dr bring back mop destro or riot
10/01/2018 08:23 PMPosted by Lockedheart

Well, the main problem actuallly on that topic isn't so much of actually reducing the Soul Shard cost, it is more of the Soul Shard Generation to generate the 2 Soul Shards to cast off a Chao's Bolt. This is another huge failure that the devs has done to our class.

I just miss our Burning Embers.
The 3 min infernal is annoying.
I jumped into warlock as it was the first class i tried in wow back in cata.

then i've seen locks, doing HUGE Chaos bolts. I felt in love, so i leveled mine... i'm 120 now ilvl 350, and oh well, chaos bolt in pve is doing !@#$ damage. That havoc thing is also trash imo.