And then suddenly...silence

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
10/01/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Videre
Blue posts have ceased.

Was it because of the twitter drama?

Probably. It was time to stop escalating the drama.
10/01/2018 02:53 PMPosted by Kozzae
10/01/2018 02:20 PMPosted by Jeklith
The mods changing a user's post title to "hyperbolic" and then locking the thread in the most dismissive manner possible is not helping.

I’m pretty sure that player wasn’t looking for help, and were just on a hellbent rant, over the top, trolling and trying to spread misinformation don’t really work well for people “looking for help”.

And that justifies those actions how?? If it was really a problematic thread then should it not have been removed?
10/01/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Kozzae
Hopefully it’s understood that blue posters can’t post around the clock and also have responsibilities outside of the forums.

That said, Ythisens is posting.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769337345#post-5
ooo but they can post about what they had for breakfast got it so just not on anything importent
10/01/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Vlorax
10/01/2018 03:02 PMPosted by Isilynor
What Twitter drama?

Lore told obnoxious !@#$heads that if they're %^-*heads to him on his personal twitter he'll block them. Said obnoxious !@#$heads are trying to get people riled up over it and failing.
More like professionals should realize that they represent their company in and outside of work. Lore obviously can't do that and it may be in his best interest to move on before he pulls a whats her name from Anet.
10/01/2018 02:56 PMPosted by Echõ
Blizzard in damage control now.

Well they should damage control my Void Elf, I still can't 'twirl' despite being able to PRIOR to patch 8.0.
10/01/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Kozzae
Hopefully it’s understood that blue posters can’t post around the clock and also have responsibilities outside of the forums.

That said, Ythisens is posting.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769337345#post-5

I remember a time when you could actually go through all the blue posts and still have more to read.

They should have a mandatory X number of time allotted to being on the forum and getting to know the community that are here, it may not be all the community but it is still something, and actually participate in the dribble that is posted.
10/01/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Rialta
10/01/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Vlorax

Lore told obnoxious !@#$heads that if they're %^-*heads to him on his personal twitter he'll block them. Said obnoxious !@#$heads are trying to get people riled up over it and failing.
More like professionals should realize that they represent their company in and outside of work. Lore obviously can't do that and it may be in his best interest to move on before he pulls a whats her name from Anet.

The company I work for just went through a whole range of this by reminding staff to be careful how you use social media as it can reflect bad on the company.

Now most of us do not engage in social media in any relation to our work, but we have our work listed on our social media and therefore it does reflect on what type of staff work for us.

It also means if someone searches for your company they can find you, they can reach out to you and they can expect a little something from you that they would the company you work for.

It's simple in that if you want to show you work somewhere you need to also be proud of that and act accordingly. If you want to be a dbag than take all that away from your social media and do whatever you want.
10/01/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Assistance
Blue posts come in short bursts, almost never address real concerns, and often contain some statement about “improving communication” before going silent again.

They’ve been talking about “improving communication” for so long that it’s been turned into a recurring meme whenever the frequency or quality of blue posts are mentioned.

They're probably holding meetings where they talk about it, and then leave without actually doing anything, but feel like they accomplished something, but nothing changed on our end. I've worked in corporations long enough to have personally been part of that kind of thing.

And, I think anything they say publically has to have several meetings held to discuss, have legal sign off on, rubber stamped by several managers, and then approved by Ion.

In other words, don't hold your breath. And, don't expect them to suddenly post "Hey, you know what guys? You're right. We messed up, we're scrapping the whole thing and starting over." That's simply not going to happen. What we'll get AT BEST, going by their past behavior, is we'll get more convoluted logic from the devs, especially Ion, how we're not Grand Scheming correctly, even though we have no clue what the grand scheme is.

"Communication" and "discussions" are a favorite buzzword in media these days, and they're usually empty words, and this will be no different. Ion comes across as having empathy for us by saying things like "as we continue this discussion", but there's no discussion here, it's two sides talking at each other, at best. It's exactly the same as politicians saying "I'm listening", but vote party line in opposition to what their constituency wants. (And I'm pointing at both parties here)

I can believe the backlash has taken them somewhat aback up there in their ivory dev tower, but it's not going to change anything, except they'll shift tactics slightly to try and sell this differently, without having to do anything different in any significant way. And I'm not going to attack the messengers here, because it's their job to stand there and insist there is no fire, while the building burns to the ground in the background.

But things seem to be headed in a bad direction here - some players will suck it up, but a lot won't. They lost 60% of their playerbase in WOD for less. They can plumb new lower numbers here - and honestly, I don't see how they can avoid it at this point. I wouldn't be surprised to see some prominent streamers and players pack it in this time around. They're repeating the mistakes of WOD a second time, and it's shocking that a multi-billion dollar company can't do better.
10/01/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Rialta

He was just following precedent.

Company employees should keep their official and personal social media accounts separate.

As far as being over-the-top snarky, this company has a history of that, which has at times gone over the line in the past as well.

And beyond that, his job is to defend indefensible actions by company management.
10/01/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Huggablysoft
"We know we haven't had great communication but we promise to do better going forward." - Blizzard 2013

"We know we haven't had great communication but we promise to do better going forward." - Blizzard 2014

"We know we haven't had great communication but we promise to do better going forward." - Blizzard 2015

"We know we haven't had great communication but we promise to do better going forward." - Blizzard 2016

"We know we haven't had great communication but we promise to do better going forward." - Blizzard 2017

"We know we haven't had great communication but we promise to do better going forward." - Blizzard 2018
Hopefully all the community managers are in a meeting on how to improve their forum communications. Or maybe someone higher up in the food chain finally realized that community management is actually important and is getting them more resources (extra hands, more training, more comfortable chairs, etc...)
10/01/2018 01:57 PMPosted by Akston
Blue posts slowed down on the weekend, and are picking back up on a Monday?

That is just crazy talk.
Yea, let's not pretend like they make too many appearances, eh?

Tide comes in, tide goes out, you can't explain that.
10/01/2018 04:28 PMPosted by Ythisens

Something to do with the moon, I think.
10/01/2018 04:29 PMPosted by Crepe

That's no moon...

The water is displaced by the gravitational pull of the moon. You are a gnome why am I explaining this to you?

Blues are Moon Men confirmed! That also means Portal 3 and Half life 3 confirmed!

I can explain it, but do you want and/or need me to?
10/01/2018 04:30 PMPosted by Bornakk

That's no moon...

If it isn't a moon, what is it?! O.O
it's not like they say anything of value anyway. leveling slowed to a crawl, 60 dollar boost, "improving the pay experience".... yeah ok there scooter. the player base would respect you guys more if you were able to be at least slightly honest. worst part is that's only one example of many.