Power of the Moon

Druid
Been leveling my Drood using Power of the Moon X3 traits.
My moonfire hits as hard if not slightly harder than lunar strike, is instant and can hit 2 things at once.
Downside, way less AP gained, so less starsurges.

Is this an okay strategy? Just spam moonfire till you can starsurge and just run around?

I hear streaking stars is the best, but i dont like damage being tied to a long CD. Like frost dk's breath spec.

Also, the trait works for feral's Lunar Inspiration talent. Making that hit harder than shred and at range.

Is moonfire spam an okay pve/pvp rotation now?
Streaking Stars dmg was reduce by 40% if I recall correctly. But yes Moon is good x3 against 2-4 targets.
It works. I'm using two pieces of POTM with an the Archive of the Titans head piece.
I've used three pieces POTM but single target is obviously where it falls apart (it's great for 2+ targets).

Using a normal rotation is probably what blizzard wants -- more starsurges -- which means more single target damage. Starsurge hits hard.

In PvP -- POTM is nerfed heavily (some say down to 20%). It can work in BGs if all you do is moonfire/sunfire.
If you're just leveling then go guardian affinity, stay in bear, and just spam MF on everything all the time. This is especially great if you have a MF leggo (pre 116).

Edit: Also you can use Fury of Elune in bear. Try this if you go this route: https://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/druid/balance/cKeM/S28/5mT/5XL/U83
10/02/2018 05:32 AMPosted by Noodledreams
Is this an okay strategy? Just spam moonfire till you can starsurge and just run around?
If you don't want to do any damage yes.
10/02/2018 06:19 AMPosted by Cuttusk
In PvP -- POTM is nerfed heavily (some say down to 20%). It can work in BGs if all you do is moonfire/sunfire.

I've seen a few Boomies say that even with the nerf it's pretty decent in pvp (probably randoms and wpvp only). I can't for the life of me get drops with this trait, though. :(
If you kite a lot it can be a decent leveling strategy. It's not really viable elsewhere in PvE unless you have 2 target only fights.

It might be good in battlegrounds, as Moonfire tends to be #1 damage there.