Anyone feel that their DPS is falling off?

Hunter
10/08/2018 09:28 PMPosted by Jhannae
10/08/2018 03:24 PMPosted by Blodwyn
Another thing to note is that with how weapon damage affects skills now, not all ilvls are created equally. If I have the same ilvl as someone else but he has a 370 weapon 340 belt and I have a 370 belt and 340 weapon...he's going to outdps me

High ilevel weapon means high weapon damage. It improves the DPS of an MM Hunter. It doesn't do much to BM Hunter. BM Hunter's weapon is his PET/s.

On Legion, I outdps'd a lot of BM Hunters who has better ilevel weapons. Becoz most BM Hunters then had awful relic traits (but high ilevel). Me, I was stucked to my low ilevel weapon but I kept my relic traits in tact... +7 Jaws of Thunder and +7 Furious Swipes (with Netherlight Crucible) when the default BM Hunter who has no such relics has +3 jaws of thundr and +3 Furious Swipes. My weapons are my PETS. I don't care if my gun's damage is poor coz they really are. I would spec with MM if I want damage coming from my weapon.

Early in BFA (when I was below ilevel 300),I was able to outdps many BM Hunters on my 5-man dungeon runs who has better ilevel. Becoz their Azerite Traits sucks: Rapid Reload on Single Targets and on a BM Hunter? Serrated Jaws, Feeding Frenzy vs my triple Primal Instincts? Even if I was low ilevel, I outdps'd them becoz of their weak Azerite Traits. It doesn't matter if they have ilevel 325 gun then (when my gun was ilevel 280) coz it doesn't impact much BM Hunter's DPS.

Right now, I am still hunting for Primal Instincts Azerite traits. My bow or gun ilevel doesn't do much other than its stats.

This is 100% wrong for BFA.

You are however 100% right in what you said about Legion, BM did not scale off weapons in Legion, its the way blizzard calculated BM's damage, it wasnt off our weapons.

In Prepatch it was changed to that abilities like Kill Command which did NOT use our weapons as modifiers now do. Which is why in Legion we did not scale with weapons, because it did nothing for us where as 3 traits with a single target ability did a lot, and with crucible you would run 3x Serrated Jaws and they also had to have 3x the aoe trait.

Now in BFA all moves now scale with weapon dps, as such a person with a 340 weapons vs a 370 weapon is huge.

As proof of my claim anyone who uses a sim, which should be everyone will notice when you sim yourself as BM your HIGHEST stat gain is Weapon dps.

Here are my stat weights for example.

Weapon DPS: 6.29
Agility: 1.84
Haste: 1.64
Crit: 1.55
Mastery: 1.55
Vers: 1.50

If you notice Weapon DPS is my best stat weight by a HUGE margin. This however was not the case in Legion.
The thing is, as your gear improves the weapon damage increases in gain.

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/r3oKCnN1Egp4vvLFNZHks8

I'm doing several gear changes tomorrow which will change things a great deal for me, but you can also see what happens when you balance your secondaries.
10/06/2018 07:03 AMPosted by Loslof
10/06/2018 06:04 AMPosted by Orangesilk
Survival isn't just scaling well, it is the top-simming spec at high ilvl. I doubt survival will stay at the top for long sadly, this community hates huntards too much to not throw a hissy fit when they are doing well. Enjoy the ST DPS honeymoon.

https://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/T22_Raid.html

Sims are mostly meaningless for comparing DPS classes and specs. The people who make Simulationcraft state that right up front. It gets said on a daily basis here on the forums. And yet...

If you want to compare DPS, look at logs, not sims.

The point was not about the dps but about how well Survival scales with gear. When you sim Survival at higher ilvl than we can feasibly achieve right now, it comes up on top, which suggests it has the best scaling with ilvl.

It's not as if melee specs don't spend 90% of their time behind the boss doing Patchwerk dps. And to top it off, SV gets lots of mobility and aspect of the eagle to do mechanics and keep dps up. Demo lock and Elementalist will be significantly far from their sim dps, SV not really that much.
10/09/2018 12:46 AMPosted by Moonuredps

I believe you're off. Maybe, the sim you are using is not updated.

I found this on wowhead.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=281764/battle-for-azeroth-class-abilities-scale-with-attack-power-instead-of-weapon-dam

In the recent Battle for Azeroth datamining, class abilities that formerly scaled with weapon damage now scale with Attack Power. Thanks to Archimtiros for the tip.

Many spells from Build 26010 specify that the ability percentages come from Attack Power now, and new Effect Fields have been added for AP scaling.

With this change, it appears that the majority of abilities will be based on Attack Power, rather than Weapon Damage, which should help address the issue of power imbalance between classes which favor weapons and those who don't.

I've seen it in BFA. I outdamaged a lot of BM Hunters with higher weapon ilevel. I saw it when my weapon was ilevel 280 vs BM Hunters with ilevel 325 weapon. Also saw it when my weapon was ilevel 325 vs BM unters with ilevel 340. BM Hunter's range weapon (gun/bow) has low impact on DPS. BM's weapon is his PET.
10/04/2018 12:38 PMPosted by Gunshy
10/04/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Aleiah
It's not just you. I'm feeling it too as MM.

We have a specific build we need to be competitive. You don't have any of the azerite traits for that build.

I used too but the item levels on those pieces were 40-50 Ilvls below what I currently have.
10/09/2018 06:58 AMPosted by Jhannae
10/09/2018 12:46 AMPosted by Moonuredps

I found this on wowhead.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=281764/battle-for-azeroth-class-abilities-scale-with-attack-power-instead-of-

If you read the article, the first thing that's stated in "changes in battle for azeroth" is that weapon dps is factored into the skill damage formula now.

You may have been out damaging other hunters with higher weapon ilvl, but that's purely anectodal. Maybe your rotation is better than theirs but if you both played to the same potential, they should be doing more than you. Math doesn't lie.
10/04/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Videre
Mostly BM hunters, but do you guys feel like your DPS is falling off compared to the rest of your raid/party group as you guys gear up? Feels like I was doing well even after the 5% nerf but as we cleared and got more gear, my DPS just isn't scaling up to par compared to like warriors, warlocks, DH and rogues. Not sure if it's just me or I'm itemizing wrong. Just kind of worried that BM is going to fall off in 8.1 and I currently love playing this spec.

ya honestly im 365 ilvl and I cant get any more than 10-11k dps on heroic bosses and then you have 362 ilvl demon hunters destroying the meters with 21k dps during their burst and 13-14k consistent dps overall. It really sucks because I want to push heroic raiding but I just cant deal any damage lol.
This happened to me btwn ilvl 355-363/4 but I ultimatley started focusing on the haste stat and then chose stat proccing traits on my Azerite instead of something like gutripper (which they say does more dps) and everything turned out ok. Demon Hunter dps is crazy though so don't compare yourself to them. My current ilvl is 369 and I'm usually number or number 2 in raids. (PUGs and guild runs.)
10/09/2018 10:18 AMPosted by Misakka
10/04/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Videre
Mostly BM hunters, but do you guys feel like your DPS is falling off compared to the rest of your raid/party group as you guys gear up? Feels like I was doing well even after the 5% nerf but as we cleared and got more gear, my DPS just isn't scaling up to par compared to like warriors, warlocks, DH and rogues. Not sure if it's just me or I'm itemizing wrong. Just kind of worried that BM is going to fall off in 8.1 and I currently love playing this spec.

ya honestly im 365 ilvl and I cant get any more than 10-11k dps on heroic bosses and then you have 362 ilvl demon hunters destroying the meters with 21k dps during their burst and 13-14k consistent dps overall. It really sucks because I want to push heroic raiding but I just cant deal any damage lol.

That's because you're grey and green parsing so you are obviously not doing great...

It's not that the class doesnt "scale" it's just your performance isnt very good.

I didnt delve into your logs as I'm on my phone but it's most likely a rotation or not understanding the mechanics.
10/09/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Rehkt
This happened to me btwn ilvl 355-363/4 but I ultimatley started focusing on the haste stat and then chose stat proccing traits on my Azerite instead of something like gutripper (which they say does more dps) and everything turned out ok. Demon Hunter dps is crazy though so don't compare yourself to them. My current ilvl is 369 and I'm usually number or number 2 in raids. (PUGs and guild runs.)

Same thing with you. Your BEST average is only a 52.6, you are also mostly green and grey parsing.

If you grey and green parse your rotation is wrong. When I see this and then have people complain about dps...

If you were any other dps class doing greys and greens your dps will still be trash. That doesn't change.
10/09/2018 08:43 AMPosted by Blodwyn
10/09/2018 06:58 AMPosted by Jhannae

I found this on wowhead.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=281764/battle-for-azeroth-class-abilities-scale-with-attack-power-instead-of-

If you read the article, the first thing that's stated in "changes in battle for azeroth" is that weapon dps is factored into the skill damage formula now.

You may have been out damaging other hunters with higher weapon ilvl, but that's purely anectodal. Maybe your rotation is better than theirs but if you both played to the same potential, they should be doing more than you. Math doesn't lie.

That's what I told him...people are just blind...

We scale in BFA who knows how we scale vs others but we scale now. We did not scale in Legion because of the old formula.

The article we all read clearly states it now uses weapon dps as a factor. Infact if you read it all it even mentions Kill Command now scaling with weapon dps which it did NOT in Legion.

The information is there, please read it all.