Thoughts on the Scrapper?

General Discussion
10/04/2018 04:00 PMPosted by Brocknor

Scrap a 30g item? Here's your ONE Monolite (which now sells for about 9g) and a vendor item worth 6s. Is no one paying attention to this??? Why are you still using the crapp... I mean Scrapper?

Thought your price was a little wacky - the average price for monelite ore across all US servers is still 38g. If your server is selling it for 9g, I am betting you have someone botting.

Nope price on your server is 43 g

https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/hellscream/item/152512
I’m an enchanter. Never used it. Maybe once.

It might be useful to others. Who knows.
I just wish the scrapper would give more Expulsom. I rarely get them, even when scrapping stuff with purple names. The BS of a single scrapped item giving ONE ore, or ONE piece of cloth is rather irritating, especially when crafting something takes 10 to 20 times as much of that same material.
I like it, vendoring only gives me Gold and I got plenty of that.
10/04/2018 02:37 PMPosted by Veldis
And for those wonders what items I am talking about just have a look at the prices of leather the supply of them is saturated while the demand is very little.

This really has nothing to do with the scrapper. I can go farm skins and scales for an hour and have enough materials for a let 100 leatherworking items. That I make in 10 minutes. If I scrap them, I can get a decent amount of expulsum and that is the only thing worth any value. The expulsum is then turned into more items which then get sharded by my enchanter and the cycle repeats.

I scrapped a bunch at the beginning but aside from Expulsum, it isn't worth the loss of gold. Maybe if Expulsum was BOA, then it would be worthwhile.
It has been far more lucrative for my plate wearing alts than any other type gear since the garnered mats reap better AH prices. I've also noticed less gear up for grabs in LFR...though only 2 wings are out so far.
10/04/2018 04:08 PMPosted by Amine

I don't trust that quote.

Every time I tried to sell it in that range, I was surrounded by undercutters and it tended in the 30-34 range. Which frankly isn't worth my time.

Not that 43 is much better.

And now that it costs 12g just to TRY and sell it ... yeah, just give me the 37g for my green junk and throw it on my pile of 3-4M. I'm fine.
10/04/2018 04:14 PMPosted by Darkfall

As an enchanter I have got enchanting mats including veiled crystals from there - what I scrapped I am not sure anymore
10/04/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Brocknor
10/04/2018 04:08 PMPosted by Amine

I don't trust that quote.

Every time I tried to sell it in that range, I was surrounded by undercutters and it tended in the 30-34 range. Which frankly isn't worth my time.

Not that 43 is much better.

And now that it costs 12g just to TRY and sell it ... yeah, just give me the 37g for my green junk and throw it on my pile of 3-4M. I'm fine.

that is what undermine journal showed the actual price on your server as of that last update - it is updated every hour.
10/04/2018 04:07 PMPosted by Oriendaria
The scrapper should make the materials Bind to your account. Instead of it being a free for all. But I do not think it'll help the economy. I have a dozen 200 stacks of the blue leather and those green bones(?) in my regent bank. But no one hardly buys them and they are dirt cheap. Blizzard however can do a change, make the crafting materials require more mats, OR add in more items for us to craft.

Blood stained bones sell for a fair bit because people use them to make the leveling crafted gear to scrap for expulsom.

I thought the same myself on my lock. Now I need ~500 expulsom.
10/04/2018 05:14 PMPosted by Amine

As an enchanter I have got enchanting mats including veiled crystals from there - what I scrapped I am not sure anymore

My wager would be a wand
expulsom is rage inducing.

there is no rhyme or reason to it.. except that trinkets guarantee one.

this bottleneck on crafting useful (BOP BTW) items is stupid.. hydrocore? that's ok, run mythics.. sanguicell? go ahead and raid! Expulsom.. Make 100+ tidelinnen bracers, scrap them, get 8 expulsom (if lucky) use scrap Matt's to make another 20 and get maybe 3

OH BUT YOU NEED 40+ FOR **BOP** ITEMS THAT WILL HAVE RANDOM SECONDARY STATS LIKE TERRIBLE GLOVES OF THE AUORRA *mastery/vers (why are they not boe?)

literally makes me want to just stop playing this game... things like that are just little "fu's to players
It's pretty rough... unless you're smart enough to be a plate wearer. All the ores sell for more than anything you can get as any other class, if you started as a plate wearer you were getting a hundred thousand gold just from scrapping all your gear levelling.
Combined with the changes the proffessions no longer needing previous ranks any more and making Gold this expanssion is a lot more difficult than it was in Legion.

OP - yes, because making gold this expansion is a lot more difficult, that is why they needed to add this scrapper.
I don't know if you've noticed, but others will try to price-gouge you relentlessly on the AH. Blizzard has made it so we're not relying on others who are more often than not, unreasonably greedy.
With the gold influx being a lot lower, a lot would be flat broke by now if getting it from AH.
10/04/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Amine
10/04/2018 04:07 PMPosted by Oriendaria
The scrapper should make the materials Bind to your account. Instead of it being a free for all. But I do not think it'll help the economy. I have a dozen 200 stacks of the blue leather and those green bones(?) in my regent bank. But no one hardly buys them and they are dirt cheap. Blizzard however can do a change, make the crafting materials require more mats, OR add in more items for us to craft.

Blood stained bones sell for a fair bit because people use them to make the leveling crafted gear to scrap for expulsom.

That was my thread. And I replied to all of your issues, but based on your continued use of blood stained bones as an example of good crafting systems in place, I'm sure you would have argued around it anyways. You seem to think that having dead materials and a poor gather - craft - sell cycle is a healthy game system, when it's not. Instead the economy seems hinged on base raw materials for leveling so people can get their professions high enough to create almost nothing with the uncommon/rare materials they have. And it's not to say it isn't lucrative - but so were stealth runs of Mechanar or frog farming groups. This didn't make them compelling or logical systems.

And my opinion on the expolsum system and the effect it has on 'rare' materials remains the same,

If you create a crafting material that is:
A) Gathered passively with other materials
B) Inexhaustible
C) Valueless

Then why do four out of the seven leatherworking materials even exist? I will never need more than the 200 stack of rare materials in my bank, and the 1 copper value they have isn't worth the effort of walking to a vendor and selling them. It's not okay to have a rare crafting material that you'd rather delete than deal with. Unbroken teeth and claws.
The scrapper enables me to bank roll while lvling my blacksmith ATM. Buy 10k worth of monelite, craft it all into boe greens for skill ups, mail them to my Jc to scrap and usually get 3-5 expulsion aka 3-5 boe rings that sell anywhere between 15-25k each.
10/04/2018 05:15 PMPosted by Amine
that is what undermine journal showed the actual price on your server as of that last update - it is updated every hour.

I checked when I posted and there was a group for 38, and then a group for 41.

And I'm telling you, as soon as I list mine for 37 ... another large group will get posted for 36.

I usually post 12 at a time, so that would be 120g down the drain (it's 10g PER ITEM to list).

The whole single-stack thing may have been a problem on some servers, but it wasn't a problem on mine. All this temporary change has done is made me not care about using the AH. Listing crap for 2-3k a day... doesn't seem worth my time when the only things left on my shopping list are the Spider (sorta might want it one day), and the Longboi, which I thing is a laughably stupid waste of money for anything more than 100k, let alone 5 freaking million.

w/e... between the 2x4 farms and Scrapper, the materials market had a nuclear bomb dropped on it this expansion. I should have made 2-3 million from launch and I think I made just over 1. And most of that came from Sky Golems, not profession materials.
I just scrap on those professions that can make gear (for the expulsion) to insta gear alts to 300 once they hit 120. More often than not I feel like I am losing gold in the scrapping process.
Leather is never worth much though because of how few professions need it.