Let's reword high elf, to Silver covenant, and now they have no argument

General Discussion
Prev 1 16 17 18 Next
09/27/2018 09:11 AMPosted by Shadows
09/26/2018 04:54 PMPosted by Shadows
If you want to play a Thalassian elf on Alliance, Void Elves are waiting for you.
09/26/2018 11:51 PMPosted by Laudrian
09/26/2018 11:09 PMPosted by Tabaqui

Yeah, except that Blood Elves ALSO sucked mana from artifacts.

Why were the "high elves" protesting the blood elves doing the same thing they were doing?

How are they less addicted when they just went somewhere else to suck mana?

/Facepalm I just explained it, it's not that sucking mana is the problem, the high elves saw sucking mana out of living things and demonic energies as a moraly wrong thing to do.

Except most of the elves were NOT sucking Fel. That wasn't even close to a majority.

As usual, the "high elves" just flounced off and abandoned their kin. Again.
09/27/2018 12:12 AMPosted by Celekolnir
You think that these people that hate the idea of playable High Elves for the Alliance would hate Void Elves even more? Void Elves are literal Blood Elves.

It's because Void Elves are garbage, and make most alliance players pretty angry when acknowledging them. I'm pretty sure that's why the people that say "High Elves are just Blood Elves (even though they're not)" don't use that exact same logic against hating Void Elves. Void Elves were Blood Elves 5 weeks ago... High Elves have never been Blood Elves.

...you're playing a Void Elf. THE #1 populated allied race.

Are you doing it to troll your easily-enraged faction fellows or what?
We are already going to get high elves on alliance, we have no allied race options from the new zones. reskinning blood elves slightly would be ezpz
09/27/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Tabaqui
09/26/2018 11:51 PMPosted by Laudrian
/Facepalm I just explained it, it's not that sucking mana is the problem, the high elves saw sucking mana out of living things and demonic energies as a moraly wrong thing to do.

Except most of the elves were NOT sucking Fel. That wasn't even close to a majority.

As usual, the "high elves" just flounced off and abandoned their kin. Again.

"Oh no, Blood Elves weren't sucking fel! merely they used fel for their nuclear reactors, it's completely different"

Like dude, the issue is that the Blood Elves used corrupting energies -fel- to rebuild their society, that's the moral issue that some elves saw. That y'all are going "but they didn't technically sucked fel so it's okay" is missing the forest of the trees.

And the point itself is MOOT since most of the elves that left Quel'thalas out of fel related moral reasons died before Cataclysm, and most of the actual animosity we have seen between High Elves (SC) and blood elves has been Because of Faction Politics, not Fel siphonage.

And this was retconned more than once. The blood elves have never once fed off fel magics. Their eye color changed because of the green crystals in Silvermoon, which acted like radiation, making their eyes turn fel green. This whole argument has nothing to do with anything because canonically, the blood elves didn't do it.

Edit: Sapping mana from living creatures did happen though, I will concede that. The whole demonic thing is wrong though.

So you do understand that the Fel crystals contaminated the living creatures in the zones and caused them to go crazy, which it tells you in the very first couple quests in the Blood Elves starting area. That's how the Blood Elves ended up siphoning the Fel contamination, because as you admitted, they did suck on living creatures. This is something High Elves never did.
09/27/2018 05:41 AMPosted by Zephyrath
16 pages and I have but one thing to ask...

DID NONE OF YOU PLAY WARCRAFT THREE?!

I did. It was just garrithos plus that was only a small band of High Elves. It wasn't the whole damn race.. obviously. I mean if it was the Silver Covenant wouldn't exist right now.
do we really...really need another elf race!?

are void, blood, night and nightborne not enough ?

ren'dorei , sin'dorei , kal'dorei and shal'dorei not enough ?

will you people only be happy when Elf is the only race choice during character creation ?

mag'har elf is coming soon. join the horde.

...but i guess it would make sense to have a quel'dorei. but imo ? make it both faction like the way Pandarens are. that way both sides can be happy
09/27/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Nokten
do we really...really need another elf race!?

are void, blood, night and nightborne not enough ?

ren'dorei , sin'dorei , kal'dorei and shal'dorei not enough ?

will you people only be happy when Elf is the only race choice during character creation ?

mag'har elf is coming soon. join the horde.

...but i guess it would make sense to have a quel'dorei. but imo ? make it both faction like the way Pandarens are. that way both sides can be happy

They just kept adding the elves no one wanted. Just because there is a bloat of elves doesn't mean we won't stop asking for Silver Covenant elves.
Sorry BBs, it's not going to become world of Elfcraft no matter how many tears you spill on the forums.
09/27/2018 08:01 PMPosted by Pinkeh2BD7ED
Sorry BBs, it's not going to become world of Elfcraft no matter how many tears you spill on the forums.

I mean you could just let the thread die but nope you just had to bring it back. Lol
09/26/2018 01:33 PMPosted by Jeffseid
lets just make every single npc in the game a playable race, even critters.

Can I play as a slime?
09/27/2018 08:08 PMPosted by Talendrion

I mean you could just let the thread die but nope you just had to bring it back. Lol

I mean you helped too.
09/26/2018 01:33 PMPosted by Dliver
They deserve a traitor's death.

But they're the originals who didn't leave, making the blood elves the actual traitors.
Granted but you can never leave Dalaran.
09/27/2018 08:08 PMPosted by Talendrion

Theres just something about the high elf campaigners tears that tastes so good....
09/27/2018 08:38 PMPosted by Jaréth
Granted but you can never leave Dalaran.

And have to play a female paladin with no 'mogs and only rage and hate emotes. And you can't log in if Lor'themar is in Dalaran.
09/26/2018 01:35 PMPosted by Shadina
Doesn't really work. Silver Covenant isn't a race, it's an organization. That'd be like saying you wanna play as Argent Crusaders, or Cenarion Circle soldiers.

No argument. Doesn't work. Bad juju.

Or Illidari. Or Lightforged. Or Void Elves.
its like listening to flat-earthers