LICHBORNE IS BACK, and it's a new defensive!

Death Knight
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
Logically speaking if DKs are the slowest melee class with no movement frost should do the most damage in the game. This isnt an ambitious statement and if thats to much at least give them the best survival out of all the other melee dps... (im looking at arms with a 20% damage reduction stance but still has free jumps) meanwhile you get %^-*ed. You forced people to run surivival hunters as melee just make unholy dk a ranged spec for the love of god its not hard.
10/03/2018 08:24 PMPosted by Soulplague
Why are dk's the only class that has to give to get?

At least with Druids, Shaman and Paladins - any give / take was related to 'hybrid tax'.

It makes no sense to gimp DKs like this, just buff without any stupid strings. DH doesn't seem to have any of these limitations, good damage + good mobility...
Ya why add the speed debuff? We are so slow as it is....I bet people don’t end up taking it.
Pointless talent. Can anyone confirm if you will be able to pop lich and deathcoil heal? Only way I could see it viable.

It's like anytime they give us something they have to give it tons of drawbacks. If it replaces ibf and has debuffs to boot it's no better than deathpact. WTF blizz. Keep your !@#$ty immunities and make it a baseline ability like it used to be that breaks cc and allows you to DC heal. I'd be fine with that but no here you go pruning an ability and making it a pvp only talent that probably isnt even worth taking due to all the dumb %^- debuffs. Essentially a sitting duck and unable to put pressure while it's up from the sound of it, AND if it replaces ibf GG one step closer to ruining this class.
I dont see how this makes sense.
1. We use runes to do our damage, so why the aspd nerf?
2. We are already slow af, no point in the movement speed nerf.
3. Why not lower the cooldown of IBF? I mean warriors get defensive stance for a passive togglable 20% or something damage reduction, then they just turn it off and burst.
4. All we are asking for is some defensive and mobility, yet some how your "buff" takes both those away.

We are shackled by cooldown heavy rotations as it is, mind you Unholy can be reduced so its neglegable, but frost goes from a great pvp pve spec to 1 2 3 and then ever 2 to 3 mins hit 4 and 5. Dont see the harm in giving unholy gargoyle base line skill since it is their class fantasy your ALWAYS talking about, maybe give us another ability morph our plague into a heavy hitting dot that turns into wounds that pop for more damage. We have to build up and prep for gargoyle it would give us something to do while we wait for apocalypse.
I really hope they have something more in reserve for us because I'm not impressed at all given all the issues we have across the board.

Top tier tank spec, that's nice but our 2 dps specs are pretty meh at the moment to say the least.

I'm still baffled by the fact that DH have an insane damage/mobility ratio and lots of utility in the form of purge/cc/defensive/self sustain abilities on both of their specs that is.

What gives?
Guys chill let's see all the changes before we flip out.

Once we see everything we can let them know what's wrong and how to improve.
10/04/2018 06:00 AMPosted by Remorseless

We've been telling them whats wrong since beta, and they ignore us and just pull random bull!@#$ out their %^-. This defensive is horrendous. All of our defensives are horrendous.

I honestly dont know whats wrong with the dk dev, nut its not very difficult to understand our issues, 0 mobility, worst defensives in game, average pvp damage, and awful uptime. How difficult is it to make wraith walk baseline, add blood presence instead of this garbage and make deathpact like every other heal, 30-35% on 1 min cd. Dmg wise take our damage out of cooldowns like army and buff our sustain. We've been asking for all of this for a long time.
10/04/2018 06:00 AMPosted by Remorseless

Hard to do so man it's been what feels like forever in waiting for some sort of feedback for our class and reworks and this garbage is the best they can do? They simply lost interest in this class when demon hunters came out. So many issues none getting fixed or even acknowledged. I feel we are losing more patience with each passing day. These changes are utter garbage and is a bandaid if anything to our issues. Screw blizz hq and the monkeys running the dk changes.

Get rid of lichborne ffs and bring back blood prescense like warrs have d stance. Survivability issues in pvp would be SOLVED.
Lichborne Draw upon unholy and frost energies to become Undead for 10 sec. While undead all damage is reduced by 30% and you are nearly unstoppable becoming immune to Stun, Snare, Fear and Root effects.
However, during Lichborne you can only move at walking speed and you attack 30% slower <----delete this last sentience, and the complaining will stop.
10/04/2018 06:16 AMPosted by Roider
Lichborne Draw upon unholy and frost energies to become Undead for 10 sec. While undead all damage is reduced by 30% and you are nearly unstoppable becoming immune to Stun, Snare, Fear and Root effects.
However, during Lichborne you can only move at walking speed and you attack 30% slower <----delete this last sentience, and the complaining will stop.

No it honestly wont what's the point in taking this over IBF? Oooh it lasts a wee bit longer and your immune with 30 percent dmg reduction I'm sorry but that is !@#$ing ridiculous no need for any of those other debuffs. Not like we heal for %^-* anyway so no need to screw us with all those debuffs as if lichborne will really be that OP. Were sick of garbage changes. Theres way more wrong with us that just that.

Indeed because meanwhile:

DH dash/glide/double crash like it was 1999
Warrior d-stance and double charge/leap across the map
Paly double-horse ride to victory
Monk double torpedo into oblivion

while we poor DK can only walk AND attack 30% slower on top of that.

I can't imagine that everyone agreed to this on the brainstorming session and all said: "Good job Gary, that's a great idea you got. We all agree that it's a great idea right? Yeah cool let's go forward with it I bet that the DK class will be quite pleased to hear that!"
just watched a video on this and oh god lol that slow walking speed though. Your better off still taking ibf in lichbornes current state. Its also only for frost but its always been more of an unholy themed ability? It EVEN says unholy AND frost in the tooltip like tf?
10/04/2018 06:28 AMPosted by Draxomancer
No it honestly wont what's the point in taking this over IBF?
Lichborne is on a 60 second CD, and IBF is 3m...so without the slow, it'd be a FAR superior choice. Thats why. But with the slow, and attack debuff its literal dog s*hit. Like insulting literal dog s*hit.
Guys it's fine. Demon Hunter has a damage -35% on a 1 minute cool down but it reduces their evasion by 50% right? Right?

Jk it's a double buff
Lichborne
Honor Talent
Reduces IBF CD by 50% and gives DK a 5th honor talent to use because this should be baseline.

There, I fixed it for you.

Hire me Blizzard.
The walking speed and 30% reducation on attack speed make 0 sense.
Warriors have bladestorm on a 90 sec CD. Berkserker rage is a 1 min CD. Granted either have damage reduction, but add in def stance or fury's healing.
Then rogues have feint on a 15 sec CD. Which if talented has 30% damage reduction on top of the aoe reduction. It costs energy but honestly so what.
That's not giving mentioning DH or ret.
Just remove the debuffs from lichborne and also give it to unholy. Also don't forget to give dks back the purge that dhs got instead for whatever reason.

Edit: also look into a crypt fever buff.
I wouldn't get too excited. First of all, you're forced to move at walking speed. For those who don't know, bind a keybind to toggle walk/run, hit it, and then move to see how slow we're talking. Secondly, attacking 30% slower, combined with the importants of autoattacks, means your damage will also be crippled during it.

So not only are you moving at the speed of smell in an RP walk, you actually hit for less for some arbitrary reason.

It's the same design flaw of death pact. Why is it that DK's are the only class who have defensives actually make them weaker? Get rid of the slow attack speed and the forced RP walking(which is kind of hilarious that they'd say it makes you immune to snares, since activating it snares you by 80% anyways), and then it'll be a solid defensive CD for frost.

Still nothing for PvE though. Guess having 25% downtime and being pigeon-holed into tunneling the boss during breath is considered good design just because the throughput says so. Don't even get me started on unholy's gameplay issues, and the continued lack of survivability in PvE as well(not as dire as PvP, but still hugely noticeable compared other classes. A mage is tankier than a DPS DK. A mage!)