It's Been 7 Years since Have Group, Will Travel

General Discussion
80% of my time in pugs is spent sitting around waiting for people because Warlocks don't exist.

Having such an important and convenient non-combat ability being tied to only 1 class in the game is terrible design. Give us a break. Bring back "Have Group, Will Travel", or just give some other classes the ability to summon group members.
10/04/2018 07:37 AMPosted by Aewendil
80% of my time in pugs is spent sitting around waiting for people because Warlocks don't exist.

Having such an important and convenient non-combat ability being tied to only 1 class in the game is terrible design. Give us a break. Bring back "Have Group, Will Travel", or just give some other classes the ability to summon group members.

If it takes you longer to get somewhere, your Time Played metric goes up, which is all Blizzard seems to be aiming for nowadays.

HGWT isn't coming back.
10/04/2018 07:38 AMPosted by Abendroth
If it takes you longer to get somewhere, your Time Played metric goes up, which is all Blizzard seems to be aiming for nowadays.

Nope, "time played" isn't of interest to Blizzard, in fact the less time you play per day the better because their main reporting metric is now MAUs .. Google can help you learn what that is.
If you want that option that bad I'd say advertise for a lock, hell any lock, and bring them to your raid and carry them if need be even.
Comveniance isnt always better.

Warlocks most certainly do exist. Perhaps you should invite one to your groups. As for giving another class the ability to summon, no. That is a Warlock specialty and it should stay that way. Enough has been stolen from Warlocks already to give to other classes. You can't have their summons.

so..... buff warlocks?
10/04/2018 07:38 AMPosted by Abendroth

HGWT isn't coming back.

There's this.

Then there's me during Cataclysm coming across a rare pet I had already obtained, doing a /who for other hunters, whispering them, then summoning them to get them a unique tame.

So sad it's gone. :(
No.

Blizz needs to give engineers pocket closets for those times when yo u cant find a warlock
Which class should get a Summon spell, and what would the spell be called?
I joked during Legion that I could provide a "raid starting" service where I would join the raid, summon everybody, drop a cauldron, and then leave. I never got around to figuring out how to market that service. Warlocks do exist, though.
10/04/2018 08:12 AMPosted by Gorthraw

Warlock - ritual of summoning
It was also taken out because you had Rogues/Druids stealthing past lots of trash, then summoning the raid right to bosses. You may have needed to clear one trash pack, if any to make sure it wouldn't pull.

Instead of coming up with a fix/solution to this, they just removed it.
10/04/2018 08:12 AMPosted by Gorthraw
Warriors. Summoning Cry. The warrior shouts very loud, calling you to join them and ripping a hole through space/time.
10/04/2018 08:19 AMPosted by Illidorns
It was also taken out because you had Rogues/Druids stealthing past lots of trash, then summoning the raid right to bosses. You may have needed to clear one trash pack, if any to make sure it wouldn't pull.

Instead of coming up with a fix/solution to this, they just removed it.

Damn I never thought of that...
Do meeting stones no longer exist?
I'd prefer to have classes with actual utility and jobs beyond heal/tank/kill things.
We don't reward lazy people. If they don't show up, just kick them from the group.