It's Been 7 Years since Have Group, Will Travel

General Discussion
10/04/2018 07:45 AMPosted by Padgarre
If you want that option that bad I'd say advertise for a lock, hell any lock, and bring them to your raid and carry them if need be even.
secret lock main spotted
So the game is designed around PuG raiding now?
10/04/2018 10:13 AMPosted by Jubearlee
Why can you not use the Meeting Stones? Where are you grouping up where this is a problem (serious question)?

In front of Vectis, Zekvoz, Zul etc

It takes a non trivial amount of time to run back and forth to the stone from there.
Sounds like the real problem is people just being lazy.
10/04/2018 10:22 AMPosted by Southrnrebel
Sounds like the real problem is people just being lazy.

Who's being lazy in this scenario? Even if you immediately run for the summoning stone when someone joins, you're talking at least 6 minutes until everyone is back at the boss ready to pull. That's if you're summoning everyone at once. If someone leaves in the meantime, add another 6 minutes to go back and do it again. These downtimes in pugs add up to significant periods spent standing around doing nothing, but it's not a problem if you have a warlock.
10/04/2018 08:11 AMPosted by Mcbeardy
Blizz needs to give engineers pocket closets for those times when yo u cant find a warlock

Sure, if they work like the wormhole devices and occasionally send the summoned people to somewhere else, probably bad, and thus terribly funny.
10/04/2018 07:37 AMPosted by Aewendil
80% of my time in pugs is spent sitting around waiting for people because Warlocks don't exist.

Having such an important and convenient non-combat ability being tied to only 1 class in the game is terrible design. Give us a break. Bring back "Have Group, Will Travel", or just give some other classes the ability to summon group members.

Mages seem ideal for this.
10/04/2018 10:21 AMPosted by Aewendil
In front of Vectis, Zekvoz, Zul etc

It takes a non trivial amount of time to run back and forth to the stone from there.

Or they could have left in the Flex functionality of queuing for specific 1 to 3 boss wings letting you pinpoint bosses while still allowing for manually entered full clear runs.
my main is my lock and i will always open a closet/drop cookies once i get to group. what i can not stand are people making noeffort to even run to group they just sit and spamm 111111111111111 that is anoying also people need to click to help open and summon many times i have to say click at least 4 or 5 times to get help opening
10/04/2018 08:19 AMPosted by Illidorns
It was also taken out because you had Rogues/Druids stealthing past lots of trash, then summoning the raid right to bosses. You may have needed to clear one trash pack, if any to make sure it wouldn't pull.

Instead of coming up with a fix/solution to this, they just removed it.

Didn't they make it so you couldn't use Have Group Will Travel couldn't be used inside of a raid? I seem to recall that.

Also to the OP, Warlock here, but good luck making me drop a summon stone without being a *%!%#%*# about it!
10/04/2018 09:57 AMPosted by Aewendil
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Meeting stones don't work anymore?

They work. But inside Uldir it's 5-7 minute round trip to the stone. This takes significant amount of time when you realise that people are coming and going constantly in PUGs. You cannot pull until everyone is at the boss.

If you do not have a warlock for summon then you are going to be spending at least 10 minutes more between pulls than you are if you do. And when it takes that long between pulls, people start leaving which extends the timer again. This is a pretty serious problem and if you can't see why then you've obviously never done much pugging.

Bosses adjust to the number of players that attack them from 10-25. You don't need to replace every pug that leaves between pulls. But you're right. I don't PUG. I don't particularly enjoy playing with strangers in any aspect of the game. The solution for raiding would be to build your own consistent core group and only pick up a few pugs if you're feeling charitable. When you have your own core group of players, you can ensure one of them is a warlock.
10/04/2018 07:38 AMPosted by Abendroth
80% of my time in pugs is spent sitting around waiting for people because Warlocks don't exist.

Having such an important and convenient non-combat ability being tied to only 1 class in the game is terrible design. Give us a break. Bring back "Have Group, Will Travel", or just give some other classes the ability to summon group members.

If it takes you longer to get somewhere, your Time Played metric goes up, which is all Blizzard seems to be aiming for nowadays.

HGWT isn't coming back.

LOL, what? Because there weren't obvious/GLARING issues with being able to mass summon raids to any point in the world in seconds?
I would be ok with engineers having an item that can summon ONE person and then is used up. So they could summon a lot of people but at great co$t...so they could basically afford to summon the warlock who would summon everyone else.

Serious question, and something that frustrates me to no flippin' end.

Why on Azeroth do people not GO TO THE LOCATION THEY ARE ABOUT TO QUEUE FOR BEFORE THEY QUEUE?!

I mean, you know you're about to go there, right? And you know that unless you're specifically using the automated LFD/LFR functions, that it's not going to automatically put you at the instance right?

So why are you wasting your time, and everyone else's on top of that?

People queueing for Normal+ Raids and Mythic(+) Dungeons should already be heading to or at the stone. It's not that difficult.
This is a pretty serious problem and if you can't see why then you've obviously never done much pugging.
no, I dont pug because I run instances with my guild.

I do however agree that it is a problem, but not for the reasons you state. The problem is that people expect others to be responsible for getting them inside an instance that they themselves are wanting to be a part of, but not bad enough that they get themself to said instance in a timely manner.
10/04/2018 09:51 AMPosted by Sorelai

Meeting stones don't work anymore?

They work. But inside Uldir it's 5-7 minute round trip to the stone. This takes significant amount of time when you realise that people are coming and going constantly in PUGs. You cannot pull until everyone is at the boss.

If you do not have a warlock for summon then you are going to be spending at least 10 minutes more between pulls than you are if you do. And when it takes that long between pulls, people start leaving which extends the timer again. This is a pretty serious problem and if you can't see why then you've obviously never done much pugging.

It isn't a problem at all actually. And there is no way in hell any other class should ever get a summons. Cause you know what, then another class should get Mages teleports. And another class should get every ability that any other class has that is unique. There should be no more unique abilities. How about that? Let's just make every class exactly the same that'll be the easiest way to do this wouldn't it.
10/04/2018 07:38 AMPosted by Abendroth

If it takes you longer to get somewhere, your Time Played metric goes up, which is all Blizzard seems to be aiming for nowadays.

HGWT isn't coming back.

LOL. No it's just laziness.
I always thought it would be a win-win for scribes to be able to craft a summoning circle kit.
Just a non-soulbound consumable that you use to plop a rune circle on the ground for 5 minutes that can be used like a warlock's ritual of summoning.
I exist.
I don't see why they can't just add this back to the game, maybe they could give it to engineers? I'm sure there are ways to keep it from being exploited like it was in the past while still having warlocks being unique for their closet.

They could make it so that the engineer version is a mass summon like HGWT was but make it only usable every idk 4 hours and NOT inside instances with like a long cast (30 sec?). I think this would keep warlocks closet relevant still as it is usable inside instances.