It's Been 7 Years since Have Group, Will Travel

General Discussion
If 80% of your pug time is waiting around, you are getting into some !@#$ty pugs.
A simple solution would have been disable the ability inside the instance not that difficult to walk into the entrance when everyones there instead of summon... summon summon summon summon summon (WHY DIDNT THEY ACCEPT ARE THEY DO THEY KNOW HOW MUCH PEOPLE ARE GONNA ZERG THINGS NOW!?!) Summon... Hey guys I know you already started can you summon me because I didnt have the common courteous behavior of even bothering to be remotely near the entrance when I joined group.
Void elves should have the ability to summon ONE group member through the void.

:D
I agree OP, setting my hearthstone to Nazmir and travelling through a mage portal to Ogrimmar takes AGES...
Allow mages to send a portal to a specific person that will bring them to the mage when stepped through.

Makes sense for mages to be able do something like this.
From Blizzard's point of view they got you spend extra time playing waiting for those other players
I think they should give mages the ability to summon too. It would make thematic sense and most classes have their utility shared with other classes (such as bloodlust).
10/04/2018 07:37 AMPosted by Aewendil
80% of my time in pugs is spent sitting around waiting for people because Warlocks don't exist.

Having such an important and convenient non-combat ability being tied to only 1 class in the game is terrible design. Give us a break. Bring back "Have Group, Will Travel", or just give some other classes the ability to summon group members.

you know what never stops sucking? Having the raid lead crawling up my !@# to get there first and "summon" while he sits in corner doing god only knows. So now I've got to heckle some portal helpers who even after more then a decade fail to grasp that I cannot work the stinking thing myself. Eventually this happens and we summon one person- both my helpers immediately stop and the person we've summoned loads in- with gamon on the biggest mount he owns. He stays here for the rest of the process while everyone else just stacks up.

Summoning people is like herding cats and until I can do it MYSELF I support bringing this back. Let anyone summon so I can stop telling idiot, idiot groups that I'm "outta shards"
80% of my time in pugs is spent sitting around waiting for people because Warlocks don't exist.

Having such an important and convenient non-combat ability being tied to only 1 class in the game is terrible design. Give us a break. Bring back "Have Group, Will Travel", or just give some other classes the ability to summon group members.

Each zone has a DG stone. 2 at stone. Warlocks have been treated bad in the past, thus not played very much. Each Class has its perks.
My best class would be a DH Monk Druid shaman Fury Death Night, that can be a Miner herbalist skinner enchanter jewelry jem cutter ...
10/06/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Clockwall
I think they should give mages the ability to summon too. It would make thematic sense and most classes have their utility shared with other classes (such as bloodlust).

this'd be nice. But lets be honest. You mages already have meltdowns over portals you can CHARGE PEOPLE FOR so I could not imagine how poorly you as a class would handle endless "sum?" spam from group members still in SW or while you're on the wrong side of the planet getting pinged by some clever sod searching for max level locks and asking them to hearth back to town and summon them. This has happened. I've been randomly whispered more then once by strangers trying to scab a pitty summon back from elsewhere
10/04/2018 08:19 AMPosted by Illidorns
It was also taken out because you had Rogues/Druids stealthing past lots of trash, then summoning the raid right to bosses. You may have needed to clear one trash pack, if any to make sure it wouldn't pull.

Instead of coming up with a fix/solution to this, they just removed it.

They did hotfix it though so it couldnt be used in instances. They removed it due to people being upset that "muh immersion" was being ruined because people no longer needed to go to the rock.

Because apparently 2 people summoning people is more immersive than 1 person summoning everyone.
10/06/2018 08:10 AMPosted by Howett

Each zone has a DG stone. 2 at stone. Warlocks have been treated bad in the past, thus not played very much. Each Class has its perks.
My best class would be a DH Monk Druid shaman Fury Death Night, that can be a Miner herbalist skinner enchanter jewelry jem cutter ...

Sorry , to post on this one.
10/06/2018 08:11 AMPosted by Viralence
10/04/2018 08:19 AMPosted by Illidorns
It was also taken out because you had Rogues/Druids stealthing past lots of trash, then summoning the raid right to bosses. You may have needed to clear one trash pack, if any to make sure it wouldn't pull.

Instead of coming up with a fix/solution to this, they just removed it.

They did hotfix it though so it couldnt be used in instances. They removed it due to people being upset that "muh immersion" was being ruined because people no longer needed to go to the rock.

Because apparently 2 people summoning people is more immersive than 1 person summoning everyone.

I'm still antisocial because of this. Nothing is more important then My Time now. I was only ever altruistic when it cost me nothing and now that it takes time again? I'm never helping someone more then half a zone away again
It takes less than 3 minutes to get to the raid regardless of which faction...
10/06/2018 08:10 AMPosted by Hennya
10/06/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Clockwall

this'd be nice. But lets be honest. You mages already have meltdowns over portals you can CHARGE PEOPLE FOR so I could not imagine how poorly you as a class would handle endless "sum?" spam from group members still in SW or while you're on the wrong side of the planet getting pinged by some clever sod searching for max level locks and asking them to hearth back to town and summon them. This has happened. I've been randomly whispered more then once by strangers trying to scab a pitty summon back from elsewhere
I'm a warlock...
please don't take away one of the few utilities my class has left...
10/06/2018 07:18 AMPosted by Renouncer
I always thought it would be a win-win for scribes to be able to craft a summoning circle kit.
Just a non-soulbound consumable that you use to plop a rune circle on the ground for 5 minutes that can be used like a warlock's ritual of summoning.
win-win for you when someone else is responsible for providing you transportation right?
If the issue is getting to bosses why not ask for Blizzard to add back travel portal in dungeons? It would make it less time consuming to get to a summoning stone.