Why do people want Sethrak for the Alliance?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
Because they're trying to justify the fox race for the Horde.

These are essentially neutral races. I'd like to see both openly playable (meaning either side may choose to use them, or not). The snake folk are a little... awkward. The foxes tho... they're cute. I'd play that.
Because it would be creative.
Because if you do quests involving the snakes on both Factions the Alliance gets the better more friendly reaction out of them than the Horde does.

I mean Nightborne joined the Horde because Tyrande was mean to them, why not Snake men?
We all want to learn karate and Sethraks own the best Cobra Kai Karate dojos.
It really all stems from essentially knowing that the Vulpera will be going to the Horde next. Given that, everything else flows. Wanting the counterpart, wanting a race that has been established, wanting a race that superficially messes with faction themes, and so on.

The reality is though, rather unfortunately, that Blizz seems to have already decided upon the "duality" theme of the Vulpera race (that being "small races"), and that's going to be in the form of a gnomish allied race based around that as of yet unsolved mystery in the junkyard in Tiragarde.

I think this will be a mistake on a number of levels, but it's almost certainly what we'll get.
I like them. I also think that it's a bit of a reach to make them an Alliance Allied Race. I think the biggest obstacle is that armoring them would be a pain, and it's a lot of resources to rework legacy headgear for them.

I'm not going to expect them anytime this expansion.
09/27/2018 07:15 AMPosted by Phlynch
https://pre00.deviantart.net/a6bc/th/pre/i/2018/161/9/6/sethrak_for_alliance_by_nexeron-dce0hwk.png

Because why would you not want this guy to be canon? Look at him.

Look at him.

To be honest, I wasn't sure of the "Ally Sneks"... But I am rather sold on the idea now.
I'd play one simply because it would be so radically different than what we've seen before... especially if they were on the Alliance which is nothing more than different kinds of humans and the Draenei.
Same reason why people have pet snakes and tarantula. There is no good reason for owning one but some people are wired differently.
Snakes are cool and it would be a welcome change from the rest of the alliance races. I think it would be a great idea.

It's also a really good counterpart to Horde getting a "cute" race with the foxes, who are unfriendly to Alliance in the zone.
Because what other relevant-to-BFA race could we get as a foil to vulpera?
09/27/2018 07:43 AMPosted by Hityalak
I like them. I also think that it's a bit of a reach to make them an Alliance Allied Race. I think the biggest obstacle is that armoring them would be a pain, and it's a lot of resources to rework legacy headgear for them.

No worse than Worgen or Tauren. Helms are already hilariously distorted and reshaped on them, all it would take is an underpaid intern dragging anchor points around for a few weeks to get them all updated for sneks.

A lot of helms will probably look ridiculous, but that's why people playing the current beast races either mog one that looks good or just go without.

*votes for sneks*
I always loved snake people in fantasy and their cobra hoods and long tails are really cool. I would play alliance for them.
In my opinion the Sethrak would be great for the Alliance, we don't need any more elves. Hopefully they don't pull a Blizz move and give us Vulpera, let the Horde have them :)
I'm indifferent about them, would rather have Jin'yu or Murlocs.
09/27/2018 07:52 AMPosted by Briselody
09/27/2018 07:43 AMPosted by Hityalak

No worse than Worgen or Tauren. Helms are already hilariously distorted and reshaped on them, all it would take is an underpaid intern dragging anchor points around for a few weeks to get them all updated for sneks.

A lot of helms will probably look ridiculous, but that's why people playing the current beast races either mog one that looks good or just go without.

*votes for sneks*

Indeed. I think any race that's head is cantilevered out away from the body to be horizontal with the ground tends to have issues with most helms. Then again, some helms I think look even better on worgen/tauren than on races who's heads are aligned with the neck.

I happen to like the look of the helm I'm transmogging now for that reason. It suits the horizontal headset and elongated snout of worgen pretty well.

Plus, Sethrak will probably look dope AF with eyepatches.
09/27/2018 07:54 AMPosted by Tinyblast
In my opinion the Sethrak would be great for the Alliance, we don't need any more elves. Hopefully they don't pull a Blizz move and give us Vulpera, let the Horde have them :)

There is 0 chance of the Alliance getting Vulpera, we never interact with them and all of them are unfriendly to us in Vol'dun.
I don't entirely get why Alliance (since the Alliance helps first, but then the Horde is the one that does the most critical task; and besides, Horde Sethrak would mean no playable vulpera, which is all the better) but the point is having playable reptiles, which shouldn't have taken this long to get.
09/27/2018 07:57 AMPosted by Nightwínd
09/27/2018 07:54 AMPosted by Tinyblast

There is 0 chance of the Alliance getting Vulpera, we never interact with them and all of them are unfriendly to us in Vol'dun.

Yeah you are probably right but you just never know with Blizz lol
09/27/2018 07:51 AMPosted by Iyoma
Because what other relevant-to-BFA race could we get as a foil to vulpera?

We could always find a missing clan of Drust for a fourth type of human. It's not like that's way overdone or anything.

09/27/2018 07:57 AMPosted by Nightwínd

Plus the Horde is the ones with the reputation faction for them.