Fire Resistance Gear is Making a Come Back in BFA?!!? Seriously Blizz

General Discussion
I keep getting bracers and other non-upgrades from my weekly chest - this week i got bracers with fire resistance.

Haven't been doing high keys this time around because I have found myself just not having that much fun so far. Just playing to keep my toon somewhat relevant when the next patch drops.

Really though, Fire Resistance is making a come back?

I havent heard or seen anyone else with a piece of fire resistance gear.

I am sure I should ditch the 370 bracers and throw on the lower level ones with fire resistance gear while playing this dumpster fire of an xpac - might protect me ya'know?!

Anyone else get fire resistance gear this week?
09/25/2018 05:02 PMPosted by Whqreo
Fire Resistance is making a come back?

Hopefully not.
We need to cool Blizzard's hot temper with a fiery island song.
Ragnaros is coming back!!
Get your FR up to 200 or sit out the raid!!
Huh, resistance gear was the time sink - forced grind method back in the Vanilla days, if they dare to implement that on top of the current systems, i'm out.
BURNING OF TELDRASSIL RAID CONFIRMED
That has to be a bug. I would report it just in case.
09/25/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Kølach
If only the night elves equipped their fire resistance gear sooner :(
09/25/2018 05:04 PMPosted by Quietly
09/25/2018 05:02 PMPosted by Whqreo
Fire Resistance is making a come back?

Hopefully not.

This is posible? I have yet to see any resistance on gear drop yet. say whaaaa
pics or it didnt happen
The only resistance gear I need is when I jump into that dumpster fire called an island expedition.
Don't we have this thread every Tuesday? It's a one-off item, from the boss in Tol Dagor with the exploding barrels. It drops in every difficulty. The +fire res is a joke. A joooooke. Because she's a pyro.
09/25/2018 05:24 PMPosted by Aerbota
The only resistance gear I need is when I jump into that dumpster fire called an island expedition.

you mean warfront? it actually mitigates siege tower damage seeing as theyre fire
I am hoping on an alt for the evening cause I really dont feel like playing my pally. I will equip it but it may take some time to update.

Already posted the gear in my guild chat and we were having a pretty good laugh about it.
09/25/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Valysta
09/25/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Kølach
If only the night elves equipped their fire resistance gear sooner :(

You mean the civilization that lived in a tree yet their only firefighting measure was tiny buckets of water?
It will be the mythic +4 warforged bracers with a socket and +56 Fire Resistance.

Needless to say, there is no change to my characters enhancement stats from that nice piece of Fire Resistance gear.

Edit:
Its updated and shows that lovely stat.

Just click on my toon.
https://www.wowhead.com/item=159441/valyris-fire-proof-bracers

Blizzard has a sense of humor.
09/25/2018 05:29 PMPosted by Lemres
09/25/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Valysta
...If only the night elves equipped their fire resistance gear sooner :(

You mean the civilization that lived in a tree yet their only firefighting measure was tiny buckets of water?

hahahahah! this made me laugh and its a really funny and good post.

but.... night elves are known for being mages. Mages can control frost at least. I know this kinda sucks seeing as fire melts ice, but still its colder weather to combat it. It melts? it drips water on it ( bada bing bada boom) better than water buckets XD
09/25/2018 05:32 PMPosted by Sanítyfalls
09/25/2018 05:29 PMPosted by Lemres

but.... night elves are known for being mages. Mages can control frost at least. I know this kinda sucks seeing as fire melts ice, but still its colder weather to combat it. It melts? it drips water on it ( bada bing bada boom) better than water buckets XD
Clearly all the mages on defense were fire mages they didn't want to make things worse :(
09/25/2018 05:45 PMPosted by Valysta
09/25/2018 05:32 PMPosted by Sanítyfalls

Clearly all the mages on defense were fire mages they didn't want to make things worse :(

lol! I always wanted a fire mage... Just cant get into that style of caster for some reason. But jesus. Maybe some arcane mages could send some books?

The books burned? ugh....