Shutting down my casters:

General Discussion
Okay... Playing a caster is just not fun. This game is obviously going melee only or they want just melee for some reason. So, having said that, what melee class should I chose?

Here are the classes I wont chose:
Paladins - DKS - DHs and hunters: Sorry, 10 year old's play these classes and its wow on ez mode. I want a challenge.

So... I am thinking either warrior or enhanced shaman (Since my elemental is broken).

Thoughts?
You want a challenge, and yet you won't play ele because it's broken?

You seem to want to be melee, and I personally think Survival Hunter is awesome but I guess 'LOL HUNTARD' right?

DK is another fun choice, for Unholy at least.

Seems like you want to block yourself from the most fun classes, so be it.

Might Rogue interest you? I am also a Monk main, so they have my recommendation.
Rogue. It isn't as easy as some where you just push certain buttons in order. You have to build and manage your combo points to be viable.

Or if you really want a challenge, go Feral Druid and GL.
Every class can be played by a 10 yr old. Your stereotypes are outdated.
Paladin.
I don't think there's a melee or caster class that -isn't- so simple that a reasonably young child couldn't figure out how to play it competitively.

If you find a class fun, play it. Do some class trials and find one that offers the balance of complexity to rewarding results that best suits your playstyle.

09/25/2018 06:44 PMPosted by Radioblaze

So... I am thinking either warrior or enhanced shaman (Since my elemental is broken).
Thoughts?

Your proposed classes encapsulate my earlier point, too.

Enh Shamans aren't a "challenge" - you have like 6 buttons to press and you only press those as filler until Stormstrike has procced. Warriors aren't a challenge either, unless you're tanking in a group of people who don't know how to control their aggro generation.

No class is a challenge, with the arguable exception of a few who just have super tight rotations for optimal DPS.

What you're really concerned with seems to be image, not skill. You're don't want to be looked down upon because you rolled a hunter. Dude, you're playing a fantasy MMO. Every class is ridiculous. Nobody really cares. Like, I don't bat an eye when I see a Gnome Death Knight named "Miniarthas" or whatever. It's all just a game and you play it to have fun.
Don't pick DPS warrior. I swear I have never seen so many other one's running around.
I guess what I am saying is it isn't fun playing a caster. you are locked or silenced all the time. I also don't want to play a broken class like ele. If they fixed it, I would play it. I have played paladin, its a class for children. Its so ez I get bored. Sorry if there are pally's out there but I just cant play it think its the class not me.. lol.

I think I will try enhanced. I love my shaman even though ele is broken my resto is fine.
It's no different now than it's ever been. How did you survive playing a caster with blanket silences being more readily available?
i recommend sub rogue its pretty challenging with a lot of buttons and the stealth abilities are a nice bonus; plus you scale really well with gear and are usually the best DPS or close to tail end of the expansion
09/25/2018 07:04 PMPosted by Teneea
It's no different now than it's ever been. How did you survive playing a caster with blanket silences being more readily available?

It was never this bad... I have been playing since 2004 and the locks are out of control now. Maybe the player base got too good and the game has peaked, I dont know but Blizz hasnt kept up. People are a lot better now, CC is what this game is all about for PVP and that is just not fun.
09/25/2018 07:16 PMPosted by Radioblaze
09/25/2018 07:04 PMPosted by Teneea

It was never this bad... I have been playing since 2004 and the locks are out of control now. Maybe the player base got too good and the game has peaked, I dont know but Blizz hasnt kept up. People are a lot better now, CC is what this game is all about for PVP and that is just not fun.

Should we bother mentioning that melee lockouts used to be on a 10s cooldown not 15s cooldown like they are now?

And there is objectively less CC right now than there has been in a long time. Probably too little.
....every single class is easy now. The heck you on about.
monks are always fun and right now they seem to be doing well.

Paladins - DKS - DHs and hunters: Sorry, 10 year old's play these classes and its wow on ez mode. I want a challenge.

[/quote]

With a statement like that, I'm sure you'll find a great deal of calm, mature and informative answers to all your questions.
Playing a caster is just not fun. This game is obviously going melee only or they want just melee for some reason.

becasue the devs wont do what casters are known for in other games.

Caster = high damage spells. Range benefit.

Melee = moderate dmg but high usage/uptime

Melee QQ when casters are actually powerful.

So then we get a caster who is no betetr than a melee, but has to cast spells any any movement or interrupt guts their dmg.
MoP = new melee class
Legion = new melee class

Blizz loves melee classes. It's why casters are stuck in 2004 raid mechanics when none of the boss fights require movement. It's ridiculous how in 2018, boss fights require you to move every time and yet casters have to hard cast for 2.5 to 3 seconds!

9/10 guild spam I see they're specifically saying they're looking for RANGED dps because there are so many melee players. Life as melee is so much easier.
09/25/2018 06:58 PMPosted by Drovosh
Don't pick DPS warrior. I swear I have never seen so many other one's running around.

It's probably because most of the prot wars gave up and went dps.