thank you communication

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
09/27/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Ythisens
09/27/2018 02:51 PMPosted by Ashness
For bug communication, it sucks.

When you say that, what exactly do you mean? Is that saying you'd like to know more like for example when issues/bugs get fixed?

Would be hard to do on individual bug reports but maybe something we could look into on forum posts. If that's what you're asking.

Maybe he means as far as beta goes, the vast majority of the bugs reported have made it to live.

For real, I don't know if it's because you have half the shop working on Classic or what, but the QC this expansion has been abysmal. Damn near every aspect of this game is or was bugged to hell.
"wed like to get the ptr up this week"

over a week later still not a word
09/27/2018 02:29 PMPosted by Manikin
just want to thank developers and blues for
all the communicating they have been doing lately. know you get tons of crap for it anyways. but good to hear the thoughts on things and stuff in the works

Yes, thank you. Such an amazing game!
And the Oceanic server issues which have made the game UNPLAYABLE at peak times since RELEASE.

No communication in how long for a 6 week old issue? 70 pages of complaints and information to help resolve the problem. Nothing.

Useless.
09/27/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Preferred
Personally I'd like fixes, or adjustments to be noted. One example is last week teeming Atal'Dazar had an extra pull of 2 colossi on the southern route. However when I did it later in the week that entire pull was removed. Going in I had no idea that that had changed, so it threw my mob % all out of whack.

Yeah I'm not sure why that wasn't noted to be quite honest. We did make some tuning changes with Teeming last week. It was mainly centered around removing some extra packs as some of the density was a little high.

09/27/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Shenhua
Hi, I ran end time with my friends last night with discord and can comfortably say without a doubt, it was the worst, badly designed endtime run we’ve ever done. No it is not fixed with the recent hotfixes.

We did some tuning for it a few days ago, and it received another pass again that was applied earlier today. We've now made the following changes to it:
  • Both Murazond and the Ghouls in the Sylvanas encounter have had their health significantly reduced.
  • We also went through and greatly reduced the damage and health of many creatures and spells as well in End Time.
  • 09/27/2018 03:22 PMPosted by Sorelai
    It is supposed to be a link to all Twitter communication. Even if the information is in the hotfix notes eventually, the conversations are useful.

Noted! I'll start throwing them in there as well then.
    09/27/2018 02:29 PMPosted by Manikin
    just want to thank developers and blues for
    all the communicating they have been doing lately. know you get tons of crap for it anyways. but good to hear the thoughts on things and stuff in the works

Thank you Manikin for making this thread. :)

Good vibes!
    Ythisens, while you're here, is there supposed to be an 8.1 PTR General forum? Or is it there but not flagged public?

You said updates were posted in ptr forums (which suggests a plural), but there's only one ptr bug report forum with no updates.
    Also stonescore trash is awful. All the trash is awful in these dungeons.

Gave timewalking a shot yesterday on my main, after a 25 min queue time, we got stonecore, and we proceeded to wipe three times on the first two trash mobs.
    We simply didn't have enough interrupts and stuns among those of us that were alive at any one time to manage all the mechanics on just the darn trash mobs, due to multiple people getting simultaneously one shot over and over.

Then the tank and healer left but not before they let off with some rather "colorful" comments about things being that way, noting that they had read here on the forums that things had been allegedly "fixed" yet clearly they hadn't, and then they concluded by sending some anti-well wishes in Blizz's direction.

The three of us that were left, the DPS, were like, "yeah, this isn't going to happen no matter what tank and healer we get." One of them commented that it looked like they'd be skipping doing timewalking this week. I mean, there's hard and challenging, which is fine, but then there's this over tuned trash that is harder than any boss fight I've seen in any BfA dungeon. I'd have to say that after that experience and from what I'd been reading on the forums regarding many boss fights, I agreed with him.

Then as a bonus, when I zoned out of the dungeon and repaired, had to pay over 150g for not even getting through the second trash mob. GG Blizz, well done, way to take something that should be a fun break from the normal BfA stuff and turn it into a mess of frustration, lost time, and wasted gold.
    09/27/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Ythisens

We always update the same location for hotfixes. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news It's usually always in the News section.

We appreciate the hotfix notifications that are published, but these publications do not include all hotfixes that we experience.

There was no hotfix communication about the skinning nerf to trivial mobs. Although warranted, it was not documented.

There was also no hotfix communication about the anchor weed drop increase that happened earlier.

There was no hotfix communication when you nerfed our lightforged augment rune to be usable only at 119 or below.

While all trivial things, they add up to giving players the impression that these things are being intentionally hidden from us.
    care to "communicate" why rp servers are still suffering sharding issues? last i heard you guys "communicated" that it shouldn't happen. but it does.
    09/27/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Fradagar
    I appreciate the effort they put to reach out as well. Despite the attitude of the people in forums such as these.

It's just a shame that it took all of that attitude on the forums to get the responses.
    I believe what people are saying is don't wait until a large base of people have come into the forums making multiple threads saying something is broken and CMs saying a hot fix is being worked on .

Get on it sooner and tell us hey we see there is a problem and the team is working on it and us on the CM team will give you an update when we know more .

Don't wait until the masses are frustrated and out for proverbial blood . Communicate while there is time to calm the savages.
    09/27/2018 04:05 PMPosted by Ythisens
    09/27/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Preferred
    Personally I'd like fixes, or adjustments to be noted. One example is last week teeming Atal'Dazar had an extra pull of 2 colossi on the southern route. However when I did it later in the week that entire pull was removed. Going in I had no idea that that had changed, so it threw my mob % all out of whack.

Yeah I'm not sure why that wasn't noted to be quite honest. We did make some tuning changes with Teeming last week. It was mainly centered around removing some extra packs as some of the density was a little high.

Hi, I ran end time with my friends last night with discord and can comfortably say without a doubt, it was the worst, badly designed endtime run we’ve ever done. No it is not fixed with the recent hotfixes.

We did some tuning for it a few days ago, and it received another pass again that was applied earlier today. We've now made the following changes to it:
  • Both Murazond and the Ghouls in the Sylvanas encounter have had their health significantly reduced.
  • We also went through and greatly reduced the damage and health of many creatures and spells as well in End Time.
  • 09/27/2018 03:22 PMPosted by Sorelai
    It is supposed to be a link to all Twitter communication. Even if the information is in the hotfix notes eventually, the conversations are useful.

Noted! I'll start throwing them in there as well then.

Thanks for ignoring PvP as always.

I’ve asked here, on reddit, in Q&A, sent GM tickets, everything. And still, Blizzard refuses to tell me how to know if a gear is an upgrade in PvP or not.

Just delete it if you guys don’t care about it enough to even tell us how scaling works.

Your attitude as a company is bordering openly aggressive against us.

When you say that, what exactly do you mean? Is that saying you'd like to know more like for example when issues/bugs get fixed?

Would be hard to do on individual bug reports but maybe something we could look into on forum posts. If that's what you're asking.

It would be a lot easier to report bugs involving the more complicated systems (pvp scaling in particular) If we had some idea what the intended behavior was supposed to be.

Example:
    From testing, we know that the person doing damage and the person receiving the damage see different numbers, and have a general idea of how it seems to work, but then something weird comes along like Frostbolt showing the exact same number to both players in the combat log while apparently actually doing the expected scaled damage numbers. Others get scaled and show the actual damage being done to the person taking the damage.

Are some abilities supposed to scale but not others? Was there an attempt to hide the scaling by making both numbers the same, but it missed some abilities? Is frost bolt not scaling but doing less damage than it claims for some unrelated reason? It would be much easier to determine which was the bug if we actually knew what was supposed to happen.
    09/27/2018 03:37 PMPosted by Inviscerate

Any reason why honorbound profession turn ins don't give credit toward honorbound emissary? they're wq do they not count?

Those are not world quests, they are repeatable. or daily's if you will.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769416910?page=1

Please see this topic on a related issue for why communication feels like it sucks right now.
    So anyway Ythisens, the point is, thank you for efforts in communicating with us. ;)
    09/27/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Ythisens
    09/27/2018 03:02 PMPosted by Sorelai
    No feedback on Timewalking issues.

These should be largely fixed now. Anything else you guys still have that isn't working right with it please let us know.

No feedback on PTR Issues.

There's a couple of PTR things being looked into at the moment. At least with the PTR it's expected to be rough sometimes. If I get more detailed things that I can pass on to you guys I'll be sure to do that. In the mean time I'd keep checking the PTR forums as we update the status of it there.

The Twitter post isn't even updated daily. Even the Hotfix notes are hidden. No link on the World of Warcraft front page. No updates on the forums. No link in the Launcher.

We always update the same location for hotfixes. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news It's usually always in the News section.

As for updating on the Twitter thread with the hotfixes tweets, my personal feel is that it would becomes a little too cluttered if I did it for every hotfix update as it always just links to the same place. If you guys want me to put those in there I will start throwing those in.

To be completly honest, the ptr team should be reviewed.. or hire more preople or change their work process.. toooo much bugs and issues this xpac. I wanted to download the ptr and help the wow finding bugs, etc but its really pointless if nothing is fixed.

Seriously? THIS you answer? With all the amazing posts and suggestion... you chose to answer this?