thank you communication

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7
09/27/2018 11:14 PMPosted by Morbys
It isnt really communication per se as it is lip service.
So the issue isn't that Blizzard isn't communicating. The issue is that they're not telling you what you want to hear.
09/27/2018 11:55 PMPosted by Medaax
End time still isnt fixed.
I've heard this claim a couple of time, although without details. How is it broken? I ran this dungeon twice on my two capped characters without issue. Do some people just not know how the dungeon works?
It'd be nice if there was some kind of ticket system that provided individual players feedback.

Sometimes I wonder if my reports made from the in-game reporter are sufficient or not. And this was true during betas and ptr. I've done Q&A for companies and having a ticket to track and seeing the actual changes of its status helps a ton. Heck things get superseded by time and intervening events quite often, but it just seems like a waste of time when reporting most problems.

I can imagine with a game with a player population of this size, it'd be an interesting AI project to train a system to correlate similar reports into major (and minor) categories. With enough training and information, it could provide players with feedback asking, "Are you filling a report about <Class Skill/Objective of Specific Quest/Geometry of Zone/Problem Here>?" and upon confirmation it says "Thank you for your report about <relatively specific problem> here". It'd at least let players who have encountered a problem to know that they system recognizes the problem.
So um... can we now get a blue response on SPriests?
BFA is a great expansion, but it does have major flaws. The first being the balance of classes and items being poor with Azerite traits being the biggest one. Azerite is just boring compared to Legion's artifacts and legendaries, but at least it wasn't a massive bomb like it was at the start of Legion. The people that praise Legion while also whining about class and trait balance forgot at this point in Legion it was MUCH worse. That's not to say class balance or trait balance is good since it is still bad right now. Oh and alts were virtually impossible unless you didn't care at all about having good legendaries or can play a lot at the start of Legion, so you were screwed if your spec was weak. That's right, legendaries were often spec specific.
09/27/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Ythisens
09/27/2018 02:51 PMPosted by Ashness
For bug communication, it sucks.

When you say that, what exactly do you mean? Is that saying you'd like to know more like for example when issues/bugs get fixed?

Would be hard to do on individual bug reports but maybe something we could look into on forum posts. If that's what you're asking.

How about having a better response system on bug threads and such?

Ok, let's start by looking at the actual known bug list, shall we? https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767637278

There's a link in case so we're on the same page here.

Let's talk about the known and, now old, DH bug where you can disconnect using fel rush. I don't see that bug in there. This has been a very well known bug for some time and it's not in the very prominent bug list? Now I know there are other well known old bugs out there, I see people talk about them on Reddit frequently. Yet I never see them in that list.

Or how about when you Google bugs it takes you to a year old thread that, if you necro, gets locked because.. apparently auto-locking old threads is out of the question? I mean if you're not supposed to necro.. and the best search engine out there points you to a thread that's your exact problem.. either let people necro it or it should have already been locked. There's no excuse to blame players for necro'ing threads. Or, even better, when a thread is locked have a button that allows someone to spawn a new one easily. Same name and all. This way you can pull up the history of it. Unless you want to bury said history.

Personally I think you need a forum re-vamp for everything outside of GD. A casual discussion -- forums are great. For anything focused, it's not so great.

It would be trivial to have a green checkbox indicated a thread was forwarded to the dev team as feedback in class forums. You claim you want polite feedback yet it's always the vulgar angry ones that get responses. You could save yourself a lot of greif in many ways by fixing the terrible forum design. Bugs, tech support, class forums, etc. Fixing this would allow for better, non-verbal and faster, communication. Hell you could have a lot of icons. Forwarded, As Intended (this one will probably net you a lot of grief), In Agreement, Disagree, whatever.

Personally I think a lot of this is poor communication but not just words on forums or the mouths of others (of which keeps landing you in hot water) -- visual communication on the forums would do wonders. Redesign the website.

It'd be _amazing_ to know if something is fixed. Or, even better, have a "follow" thing where I can follow all DH, monk, and tank changes / fixes (or whatever combo). There's no reason I shouldn't be able to follow particular bugs and get notified that they may be fixed.

I have a ton of opinions / ideas for these but I'm high on painkillers because of a kidney stone right now so... I'm probably rambling now.

When you say that, what exactly do you mean? Is that saying you'd like to know more like for example when issues/bugs get fixed?

Would be hard to do on individual bug reports but maybe something we could look into on forum posts. If that's what you're asking.

When will, if ever, safe hearthing enchant be fixed.
It's been a month and half past launch and this thing never worked and we also never heard a word about it getting fixed.
Thanks for the feedback.

- Hopefully you (Blizzard not Ythisens) releases a fixed PTR client today.
- Hopefully you update the Twitter thread today. Most of the items from 9/24/2018 don't deal with hotfixes and aren't listed. The topic hasn't been updated for a week (9/21/2018).
- Hopefully you take note and provide comprehensive updates on Azerite Armor changes as well as the neglect given to all classes in their currently pruned and weak states.

You know how to communicate with us. You say you've been having meetings for over a year to decide how to communicate with it. It is time for people to put fingers to keyboard and communicate. Ythisens can't be the only person in the company with a working keyboard. Create some posts, tell us what you plan to do, answer some questions. Then people won't get upset when you tell us when you quit your job to binge play WOW.
Still no feedback on why I can't set my Dawnforge Ram as a favorite mount.

Honestly dude, yeah. Set the expectation you won't post for EVERY bug fix obviously... but significant ones you could easily post on the forums it's fixed.

That's low hanging fruit. The only downside to not do it is if it becomes the majority of Blue posts are only posting bug fixes, making it seem like the game is always needing to be "fixed".

Otherwise... that's low hanging fruit to increase customer sat %
09/27/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Shenhua
The end boss being a gigantic damage sponge and taking forever and hammering our tank. The adds are well overtuned. Bhane when he runs through the lava two shots a tank through mitigation. I had to taunt off to save that btw. Also stonescore trash is awful. All the trash is awful in these dungeons.

??????????????????
09/28/2018 08:29 AMPosted by Hutta
BFA is a great expansion

Annnnnnd i stopped reading right there
09/27/2018 03:02 PMPosted by Sorelai
No feedback on Timewalking issues.

These should be largely fixed now. Anything else you guys still have that isn't working right with it please let us know.

09/27/2018 03:02 PMPosted by Sorelai
No feedback on PTR Issues.

There's a couple of PTR things being looked into at the moment. At least with the PTR it's expected to be rough sometimes. If I get more detailed things that I can pass on to you guys I'll be sure to do that. In the mean time I'd keep checking the PTR forums as we update the status of it there.

This is actually pretty much a perfect example of poor communication to be perfectly honest... We'd like to know what issues are being looked at, yet the only feedback on issues that we ever seem to get is "things are being looked at" and the feedback is never directed towards specific problems the community has asked about repeatedly, it's always generalized and broad spectrum... Let us know what is being looked at, it won't hurt you to give us some real information... we know "issues are being looked at", we want to know what issues specifically are being looked at.

When you give only generalized and broad spectrum responses, people tend to take it to mean "oh, the issue I want to see fixed is being looked at". When in fact the issue that individual may be wanting to see resolved might still be months away from even being addressed.

Please don't take this post the wrong way, I'm not trying to be mean or rude. I just wanted to point out an underlying cause of a large amount of the issues the playerbase has with the communication and feedback received from the devs. Giving more upfront and clear feedback about what is being done would be very beneficial, and likely result in better communication from the players side as well.
Such great communication. Post on the bfa items and classes forum on the state of shadow priests with over 220 responses and no blue communication. Yet a !@#$post on shield itemization got a response with only 6 replies. Like come on. Less memes and more actual communication please.
09/28/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Zalathel
09/27/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Shenhua
The end boss being a gigantic damage sponge and taking forever and hammering our tank. The adds are well overtuned. Bhane when he runs through the lava two shots a tank through mitigation. I had to taunt off to save that btw. Also stonescore trash is awful. All the trash is awful in these dungeons.

??????????????????

This was before the fixes that were mentioned that happened the morning after our run. I have never in all the end time runs I’ve done had to use all the hour glasses on the last boss. The last boss was even the easiest part of the run. But again it was fixed the day after according to the blue.
Thank you communication for existing as a concept.
09/27/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Ythisens
As for updating on the Twitter thread with the hotfixes tweets, my personal feel is that it would becomes a little too cluttered if I did it for every hotfix update as it always just links to the same place. If you guys want me to put those in there I will start throwing those in.
Nobody needs the link to a hotfix after it's applied, you missed the point. What would be beneficial is just to know that a fix is incoming when it's something that's clearly a common forum complaint. Don't let us be ignored days until it's over just stewing in our frustration.