The 3 issues with communication beginning now.

General Discussion
When you're a development team for a game this large, it doesn't surprise me too much that when they create a system, they aren't thinking of how it will affect everyone. Because so many people play this game in so many different ways that it would be impossible to determine how a system will affect fringe players.

But I said it back in WoD and I'll say it now: Some of the things that seemed to surprise Blizzard just...confuse me.

Back in WoD when people were complaining about losing their ships in the Shipyard, and that there were missions you could not get to 100%, they had said something along the lines of "We thought people would have no problem sending ships out on 90% missions". That would make sense...if there wasn't a chance to lose my ship, and when I did, it was not fast to replace it.

So we have another expansion where they seems surprised by the weirdest things "I thought people understood we wanted you to carry multiple sets around". "Why are people upset about farming Azerite?"

Don't get me wrong, I still empathize when they make those mistakes but...fess up you made a mistake. Don't double down. If there are limitations that prevent you from fixing it, explain that. If you have numbers backing you up, show us.

Yeah no matter what you're gonna get backlash from people with....questionable methods. But there are players who don't throw tantrums that have just as many concerns. By avoiding the buttheads, you also avoid the good ones.
10/02/2018 07:19 AMPosted by Taurencal
10/02/2018 07:15 AMPosted by Akston
We have people saying WoW devs never communicate...over-exaggeration

Where has someone said that? Please quote your proof.

Also, like I said in point one, Can you really blame people for being upset because they have to, because of the things they enjoy about the game, do things they have told Blizzard in alpha/beta are unfun, and they are just now getting ANY form of communication?

IMO both parties are to blame here. We can make it easier, but Devs could have been communicating more in alpha/beta.

I am not referring to you personally. But people in this thread have.
Something I think needs to happen is a phrase I've heard a couple of people tossing around. That phrase being: "Blizzard needs a new team, or a more robust version of the team they have now."

In other words, so many people think they need to be talked to. And some people have the absolute justification to believe it when they make well thought out and constructive posts. But so many of those go unanswered. Even just brief acknowledgement of "Hey, we see this, we agree / disagree, here's our / the team's thoughts, please continue compiling feedback, we really appreciate it" would be more than enough.

Hell, I'd do it. Hire me, Blizz! I got 6.5 years of experience as an executive assistant, retail experience, and a degree in criminal justice. I'll move to California even.
10/02/2018 07:18 AMPosted by Akston
See, this is where I think the playerbase has a drastically different view of what counts as Blizzard communication.

Blue posts count as Blizzard communication. While the more regular QnAs (which started during Legion) are typically what is referred to, there is a ton of communication which happens daily with the Blue posts

If by "tons" you mean 8, maybe. I picked a random number between 1-100, got 45. Went back 45 days, was a day where no US blues posted. Said maybe that was a fluke, went to the previous day of 8/17/2018.

There was, 1 joke response (Not saying its bad to have these BTW), 2 acknowledgements of somethings (i.e. thank yous for doing something/we got your bug report), 2 thing that did come true (Benefits of war mode for max level, talk about palladins but not sure if it did come true but using benefit of the doubt), 1 thing that did not come true (there is still a power peak at about 114 in Wpvp), and 1 advertisement post.

Half of those btw, were by the same person. Now, i don't know if that shows blizzard needs more people on the forums or blizzard doesn't want more people on the forums because, you know, no communication on that part.

10/02/2018 07:22 AMPosted by Akston
I am not referring to you personally. But people in this thread have.

That's why i said someone, I searched the forum and couldn't find anyone saying that. The next part of your post I could see where you might interpret what someone said to that though.
10/02/2018 07:22 AMPosted by Shadina
In other words, so many people think they need to be talked to. And some people have the absolute justification to believe it when they make well thought out and constructive posts. But so many of those go unanswered. Even just brief acknowledgement of "Hey, we see this, we agree / disagree, here's our / the team's thoughts, please continue compiling feedback, we really appreciate it" would be more than enough.

This is what i want tbh.

At the moment the forums feel more like a complaint box that goes to the shredder than a open debate about how the game should be. I would like the later much more than the former.

I'm fine with disagreeing. What I'm not fine with, is not being told why they are disagreeing. That's why im honestly fine with lore's post. He at least had the courage (or maybe was told who knows), to open that can of worms and deal with it to the best of his ability.

And, having more developers that play many different parts of the game, and some that don't even play the game (because rose-tinted passion is real) would really go a long way.