You wanted BM nerfed...

General Discussion
BM Hunter has always been average to decent in PvP. But it has become FOTM in PvP so that's why it is getting fixed so the FOTM rerollers go somewhere else.

Every time blizzard rebalances classes in PvP, they make a spike profit in boosts and race changes, faction changes, etc.
They need to fix Marksman. It's so bad it's funny.

It's also my favorite spec for hunters, that lone sniper feel is cool.
Melee hunter was the result of us wanting wing clip back.
10/03/2018 04:51 AMPosted by Humphumphus
Funny, ive been sitting in a 7 minute queue for 42 minutes on my lowbie SV hunter, maybe thats how it all gets counter balanced, we cant get into bg's.
Edit: 55 mins waiting and apparently this game has millions of subs... lol.

And half of those millions play a Hunter. Blizz won't populate a BG with too many of one class.

Roll a different class and get a shorter queue.
BM and MM could be nerfed into the ground and I’d still not switch to Survival.
10/03/2018 07:48 AMPosted by Anvilwrath

Same. The class design team is just sorry af.

10/03/2018 05:14 AMPosted by Chopsurloin
10/03/2018 04:50 AMPosted by Miadra
so they are making it the more appealing of the specs, just to pull in more people.

Ion stated that Survival was created as a niche spec to give players more options, but not Hunter Class players who play the Class to be a ranged damage dealer.

Damage does not trump fantasy or mechanics except for the FotM crowd.

People who like the Ranged Shooter fantasy can opt for: melee (not), terrible gameplay (MM), or mostly melee AI pet damage (BM).

Just under 40,000 Uldir logs for Beast Mastery. (Better gameplay, mobility, somewhat ranged).

Just under 2,900 Uldir logs for Survival. (Melee, doesn't appeal to most Hunter players, and 1 of 13 melee options 6 of which rank better right now.)

Just over 1,300 Uldir logs for Marksmanship. (Gameplay sucks, less mobile, too clunky.)

Just like players were stating from Legion Alpha, DPS isn't everything especially if the mechanics (Vulnerable) suck.
Ion is also known for telling lies.
But if BM is nerfed, how will I go poo?

This is troubling.
Exlax
why is everyone here acting like bm is completely gutted for pvp now?
10/03/2018 07:50 AMPosted by Shadøw
10/03/2018 07:48 AMPosted by Anvilwrath

Typically I am pretty forgiving of the changes blizzard makes, but I don't think I will ever accept what they did to survival.
10/03/2018 07:59 AMPosted by Lunkel
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Typically I am pretty forgiving of the changes blizzard makes, but I don't think I will ever accept what they did to survival.
They pretty much butchered the class as whole when Legion came. We were told MM was gonna have a way to function like range SV and that never came. The Explosive Shot change is a abomination that should've never happened. The list goes on and on.
10/03/2018 04:58 AMPosted by Humphumphus
does gw2 have battleground equivalents?

https://www.ign.com/wikis/guild-wars-2/World_vs_World
where's the source?

just checked mmo-champion and couldn't find any mention of hunters at all
10/03/2018 04:50 AMPosted by Miadra
If I had to guess, I would say that they are making SV more op than BM and MM because they wanted to push more people into playing it. Legions version of SV was not very popular at all, and I think they were disappointed that it was such a flop, so they are making it the more appealing of the specs, just to pull in more people.

SV is still garbage and I will never play it
10/03/2018 04:47 AMPosted by Xyona
I've noticed that survival is quickly going up on damage as well..

Considering there have been no changes to survival how do you explain this?
10/03/2018 04:14 AMPosted by Lightvoìd
And now SV does more damage with its pet than BM in PvP, alongside having way higher burst in general.

Why melee hunters are better than the other two hunter specs I have no clue.

Melee should do more damage than a free movement ranged though??

They have to get up close and personal right in the line of danger to do their damage.

Why anyone thinks a low-risk spec like beast master should do more damage than almost anything else is beyond me tbh. And that's coming from someone who plays BM on an alt.
10/03/2018 05:30 AMPosted by Bogrum
Ion doesn't want a ranged spec to do well in pvp. Plus I really think they've made Survival OP and the others so bad to force people into Survival because it hurt their feels it was so unplayed in Legion.

Nobody has been claiming survival was OP or even strong all expansion and no changes have been made to survival.

So why the comments now?
10/03/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Teksuo
where's the source?

just checked mmo-champion and couldn't find any mention of hunters at all

Beast Mastery got PvE nerfs after 1 week of raiding despite historically showing well early then rapidly falling as other specs that scaled better geared and got comfortable with mechanics. Predictably, BM has fallen from the top to the middle after nerfs and a little more raiding time.

Beast Mastery got PvP nerfs at the same time, which stacked with the PvE nerfs despite not being that OP, having clear counters bad players refuse to learn, and like 1 OP PvP talent which was only good while getting melee trained or against a rooted opponent in Dire Basilisk (did heavy damage, moved slower than a DK).

Both of which happened a couple of weeks back now.

BM is not allowed to be consistently good at anything because other classes cry like babies that the "easy", "mobile", "AI damage" spec shouldn't be good. Even when those memes aren't true.
10/03/2018 04:14 AMPosted by Lightvoìd
And now SV does more damage with its pet than BM in PvP, alongside having way higher burst in general.

Why melee hunters are better than the other two hunter specs I have no clue.

because bm has range and mobility.

survival has range but its main dps has to be from melee