Aff / Destro pvp buff!!

Warlock
Demon armor- Protects the caster, increasing maximum health by 25%. Instant. 15% and increases armor by 125%. PvP Talent. PvP Talent. Instant. Requires Warlock. Requires level 40+.

It’s 15% hp increase. The 25% was in red
Woopdeedoo...

PVP Talent

Ridiculous.
I agree but atm east it’s something. I’ll take it over nothing. Don’t see how this couldn’t be in a hotfix though. Silly to wait for 8.1
oh boy now we can be punching bags for longer than we used to
8.1 o.O alright see you guys in a while
Ok y'all yes it's time unsub till 8.1 when I can forced to always run a honor talent to be
Just to be closer to the same level as everyone else In rated pvp.

Great job blizzard. Terrible as normal.
Kinda sucks without the increased healing taken.
Source? Is this worse than old Demon Armor? Sucks if Demo doesn't get it. Gonna force every lock to play Aff/destro for the much needed armor.
fuuuuuuck all the way in 8.1? what the !@#$ do I do til then?
Excited to finally see a change to help locks vs melee, but I still would like to urge Blizzard to make the new Demon Armor talent baseline as well as Demonic Circle. 125% extra armor isn't much, especially considering most melee classes don't even do pure physical damage these days. It's better than nothing I guess.. crazy how we have to wait until 8.1 for it.

I would also like to see Gateway Mastery made baseline, as it's nearly mandatory against any melee team. Forcing us to take Demon Armor and Gateway mastery PvP talents against every melee team makes me think at least one of these talents should be baseline. We'll be forced to use these talents and lose the options to use other PvP talents even though most of our PvP talents are extremely weak compared to other classes. The warlock toolkit needs to be unpruned.

Affliction remains the only spec in the game without a single form of instant crowd control OR snare. Making demonic circle baseline to enable us to pick a Crowd Control talent would help give the class some of its old flavor back and make it a lot more fun. Make demonic circle baseline and return howl of terror to the talent tree in its place. Then change the "darkfury" talent to make shadowfury an instant cast. This gives us a viable row of instant crowd control options and would really help make the class more fun again.
While I am grateful that they're throwing warlocks a bone in PvP, I still disagree with them trying to make us tankier. Worse, this only applies to Destro/Aff, which will make Demo start falling to the wayside.

The Cons for going tankier
--------------------------------------------
- Doesn't alleviate counters like interrupts or stuns which is what we struggle with the most.
- Simply delays an inevitable death.
- Most melee rely on magical damage to deal the harder hitting abilities, only real exceptions are warriors and monks. Demon Hunters using chaos (worst), Paladins using Holy, Shamans using nature/fire/ice, Hunters using arcane/nature, Rogues using nature/shadow, and that's before Azerite traits, which lessens the worth of the talent.
- If found lacking and they decide to buff it's worth, then the classes that are most affected by it will scream for a nerf.
- Plays into melee's strengths by facing them on their own turf, given how few escapes we have and the ones we do are on rather lengthy cooldowns.

PROS
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+ We live longer against the melee that rely on physical damage.
+ We live marginally longer against everyone else due to having an increased 15% stamina.

With being tankier we have less options, especially with how poor our toolkit is currently, but if you add more and/or alter our mobility, we can increase our chances at living by using our skill and wit against not just melee, but against other ranged as well.

Hell, I would even take better offensive CC capability over this pvp talent and feel like that would better fit our role as a cloth caster better.
Do we actually need to wait 3 months to have a 10 year old spell back?
As a form of PvP talent btw, which will completely destroy destruction's PvP talents choice.
Mediocre at best.
I had the idea of leveling my 110 warlock alt on bg's like I was doing with other classes.. my god now I have to change my plans, I literally get trucked by melees.. how they can ignore so much feedback on pvp/pve?
10/04/2018 02:28 AMPosted by Lamasthu
While I am grateful that they're throwing warlocks a bone in PvP, I still disagree with them trying to make us tankier. Worse, this only applies to Destro/Aff, which will make Demo start falling to the wayside.

The Cons for going tankier
--------------------------------------------
- Doesn't alleviate counters like interrupts or stuns which is what we struggle with the most.
- Simply delays an inevitable death.
- Most melee rely on magical damage to deal the harder hitting abilities, only real exceptions are warriors and monks. Demon Hunters using chaos (worst), Paladins using Holy, Shamans using nature/fire/ice, Hunters using arcane/nature, Rogues using nature/shadow, and that's before Azerite traits, which lessens the worth of the talent.
- If found lacking and they decide to buff it's worth, then the classes that are most affected by it will scream for a nerf.
- Plays into melee's strengths by facing them on their own turf, given how few escapes we have and the ones we do are on rather lengthy cooldowns.

PROS
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+ We live longer against the melee that rely on physical damage.
+ We live marginally longer against everyone else due to having an increased 15% stamina.

With being tankier we have less options, especially with how poor our toolkit is currently, but if you add more and/or alter our mobility, we can increase our chances at living by using our skill and wit against not just melee, but against other ranged as well.

Hell, I would even take better offensive CC capability over this pvp talent and feel like that would better fit our role as a cloth caster better.

This is the first expansion that locks were not the tankiest Caster in the game.
This doesn't address the melee who do not do physical damage or the fact that locks have to sit in and East every stun, interrupt out there preventing DMG.

This is basically going to help vs warriors in 2s.
Well it would be nice if we got back some of our curses. I was just telling someone the other day that a vanilla Shaman scaled the level 120 would destroy a battle for Azeroth shaman. And the same thing of locks. A vanilla warlock would boot stop a battle for Azeroth warlock all day long.

Warlocks toolkit used to be wide and deep.
10/04/2018 05:33 AMPosted by Zedthul

This is the first expansion that locks were not the tankiest Caster in the game.

I wouldn't say locks were the tankiest caster in Legion either, except for demonology. The removal of soul link from affliction and destruction really hurt our survivability. Destruction only managed to be tanky because it had a shield wall + aura mastery on a 1 minute cooldown which was short enough to be rotated with healer cooldowns. Outside of unending resolve we were very squishy.
How can there be any qq about this lol. That’s a good talent. Looking forward to 8.1
Back in MoP, you could have a permanent -30% dmg shield. Soul Link (20%) + Glyph of Eternal Resolve (10%).

Such great days...