8 bosses no loot in Uldir.

General Discussion
10/03/2018 08:54 PMPosted by Nocht
10/03/2018 08:48 PMPosted by Amine

that would happen to me all the time last expansion with master loot and 70% of the raid leather wearers - ended up just not raiding some nights depending on raid composition. At least this expansion I have a chance at gear.

You had a chance. It just wasn't 100% chance so your not satisfied.

Master loot was fine.

I am sure the cloth wearers agreed with you.
10/03/2018 07:46 PMPosted by Chaosnachos
I did win one thing, on a seal, after losing 6 times in a row.

Jesus, this RNG is insufferable at times.

I'm looking forward to the waterfall of tears from the 40-man classic raids.
10/03/2018 08:46 PMPosted by Metrohaha
Sorry to hear about your unlucky streak! Hope it improves in the future.

The upside of personal loot across the board is that way more loot drops now than it did in Master Looter! Make sure you ask your group mates if they need the item they received as well.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

1 extra piece for a 20 man raid is not "way more loots".

Typical shill.
Sorry to learn that RNG was cruel to you.
Someone never suffered through the entirety of ICC unable to upgrade your weapon from the battered hilt sword because you never, ever got the weapon to drop.
10/03/2018 09:06 PMPosted by Ermahgerrd

The upside of personal loot across the board is that way more loot drops now than it did in Master Looter! Make sure you ask your group mates if they need the item they received as well.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

1 extra piece for a 20 man raid is not "way more loots".

Typical shill.

That is 15-20% more loot - so many people would consider that way more loot drops.
So, have you like never played this game before?
Other times RNG is just stupid good. This week alone, I got 6 pieces off 7 bosses (didn't do H Ghuun yet).
Been raiding that place since it came out a month ago and i got 2 items. I do normal and we started heroic aswell. The RNG was amazing when i was gearing to raid before uldir was out but now i have the worst luck in my raid group.
Cleared heroic all the way up till G'huun this week. Got 1 piece on a bonus roll. A spear for my SV spec that I will never use. Still using 340 Azerite piece LOL
10/03/2018 07:53 PMPosted by Teneea
Okay, and? There were plenty of times with every other loot option that didn't reward me with loot every week.

No time in WoW's history has there been this much RNG
Uh... I distinctly remember going weeks without loot back in classic and BC. Haven't done much raiding since then, but am I understand this thread correctly that you expect a drop every week?
10/03/2018 09:48 PMPosted by Myracle
Okay, and? There were plenty of times with every other loot option that didn't reward me with loot every week.

i don't think that is true - there was all kinds of world drops for patterns and gear in classic and you only get a fraction of that now
10/03/2018 08:50 PMPosted by Verbatim

It's like +1 piece of loot for 20 people and a much, much higher chance of the loot being worthless and unusable. There is no advantage to ML compared to PL. Learn your facts.

Typically 3 pieces of gear drop in a 10-13 man raid (from personal experience), this is an increase of +1 from traditional 10 man loot drops with group loot.

Advantage of personal loot is that you can game the system with classes, if your raid is balanced or heavily skewed it will determine how much tradeability pieces of gear would have.

With group loot it is entirely plausible that an agi polearm would drop from a boss with no Survival Hunters/Feral Druids in the raid making that piece of gear 100% redundant. With personal loot at least the gear is usable by at least one person in the raid (even if not an upgrade)

[quote="207679785294"]
You had a chance. It just wasn't 100% chance so your not satisfied.

Master loot was fine.

Not a hit against Master Loot, but technically if social situations decided that they were not entitled to loot then, no, they didn't have a chance.
10/03/2018 09:48 PMPosted by Myracle

There has always been RNG :) One might say that requiring Heart of Azeroth, removing Legendaries, and removing titanforging from 3 pieces of equipment would mean the RNG has actually decreased.

People quote RNG for personal loot drama but there was always RNG from boss loot. They drop a certain number of items out of a potential pool, you have never been guaranteed that one of those items would be able to be used by you class/spec.

The actual issue with RNG these days in particular Azerite gear is that because they are balanced so poorly you can get ilvl upgrades that don't actually provide your character with an increase in power.
Welcome to raiding?
Boss dies.
Nothing I can even use.
Boss dies.
Nothing I can even use.
Week after week after week... repeat until next tier.

Count yourself lucky if you pop an upgrade once a month.

I miss filling gaps with badges. I swear if my pally was in the raid it was going to be all healer/not plate loot... I'm pretty sure that's why they brough her...
10/03/2018 08:09 PMPosted by Volley
I used to go months at a time before getting a single piece of loot back in Classic, TBC, and Wrath, and back then we raided 6 nights a week.

It's a different game now, yes, but loot isn't everything, especially when everything scales with you--including other players playing the game.

Paraphrasing "Because I had it worse in the past, you can't have it good now."

That's not a solution.

I agree that RNG is a cruel mistress. I've gotten 3 x 370 ilvl pants this week. Two of those last night. I've gotten pieces of loot for slots that are not upgrades for that slot, at a higher rate in this expansion than I have ever seen.

I am genuinely convinced there is a bug in the loot tables that preferences slots you've previously gotten loot for.

But saying it's ok, because we had it worse before is not actually helping.
10/03/2018 07:57 PMPosted by Delor
This exspansion has made me realize gear just doesn't really matter. Once you're 350+ (Which is doable in one week, max) you realize it doesn't feel much different from being 380+ in ANY content...

Nice try there with the Troll bait. On the off chance you arent Trolling, you are dumb af.

Haha, good joke. :)

You mean loot that sometime cannot be trade able because ilvl upgrade? Even though it's a downgrade stat wise?
For Azerite piece you have to stack people with the same gear type.

But heck, more loot across the board am i right?