Warlocks are DPS royalties

General Discussion
https://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/T22_Raid.html

If they're not top, they get buffed. They get buffed ahead of every other spec that needed help. Oh well. If they can't be top, the game ain't right I guess.

Meanwhile, mages bottom half. RIP.
I do have to wonder about Balance Druids and Unholy DK's, but I wouldn't worry too much about simulations.
Demo and destro were literally unplayable.
Frost and Arcane are both pretty good already, although fire is a joke.
How come my spec is at the bottom of the top?

RAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!1!
Pardon the ignorance but how is Demo and Destro unplayable? Honestly curious since both didn't feel too bad off since Legion when I was leveling my Velf Lock.
see back in legion...

although aff has never been bad, it's been pretty consistently good, but it's so boring and bleh, who would want to play it?
Have demo got a recent buff? during our raid last night I notice my dps was a lot higher then normal...
I’m having a lot of fun playing destro. Unlike my balance Druid destro lock does decent dps and is fun.

Locks seem to be in a good place.
sims are not a very good way to tell how good dps are, in real situations dps will look very different. Take a look at wow raid logs to get a better picture (spoiler: warlocks are not at the top in real situations). A pet heavy spec with lots of cast times such as demo has to sim very high to be viable because in reality it doesn't work out that well.

that said at least with the recent buff demo seems like it might be playable now
You are not looking at the actual numbers on that list. From the top to about the middle its pretty much dead even, if Warlocks do like 1 dps more than the other specs they will be on top, but lets be real. People like yourself only see the position. Not to mention to get those numbers you need perform PERFECTLY which no one does.
I don't understand why people get their knickers in a knot when the top 20 specs are all within 10 or so percent of each other. I understand bleeding edge progression types being frustrated but to the every day player it just doesn't matter all that much.

I am affliction but i deliberately play with my talents in such a way that put me way down on the ranking but i just don't care, we're just here to play a game, its meant to be fun not a mathematical debate where everyone's mad at each other all the time >.<

Each to their own though i guess.
Out of all the characters I'm leveling up this is the one I enjoy the most. Affliction is so weirdly cool now.

As far as royalty, my name should be obvious ;)
10/03/2018 08:12 PMPosted by Valastre
Have demo got a recent buff? during our raid last night I notice my dps was a lot higher then normal...
Hotfixes: October 2, 2018

Shadow Bolt, Demonbolt, and Call Dreadstalkers damage increased by 15%.

Source: https://www.wowhead.com/bluetracker?topic=21973195
We are the original epic class.
except when they are dps pleabs and spend entire xpacs in the gutter. Like most of Legion.
Now if they wouldn't be complete trash in PvP...
But hey, for some, game revolves only around 95 percentile mythic raiding so it doesn't matter if the class is horrible at everything else!

SmFh
*continues to play Fire because f*ck the police*
I only invite them for the cookies.
10/03/2018 07:48 PMPosted by Amelore
https://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/T22_Raid.html

If they're not top, they get buffed. They get buffed ahead of every other spec that needed help. Oh well. If they can't be top, the game ain't right I guess.

Meanwhile, mages bottom half. RIP.

That's right. Cry mage! CRY!
10/03/2018 08:22 PMPosted by Minusthemonk
except when they are dps pleabs and spend entire xpacs in the gutter. Like most of Legion.

By in the gutter like most of Legion do you mean the top dps class for all tiers except NH?