Help deciding

Hunter
I'm trying to decide between mage and Hunter for my boost i like both from what I've done on the trials my big question is will either one gimp me as far as not being able to get into mythic+ keys or raid spots?
10/03/2018 11:03 PMPosted by Ankokukyo
my big question is will either one gimp me as far as not being able to get into mythic+ keys or raid spots?

No
10/03/2018 11:08 PMPosted by Vilnak
my big question is will either one gimp me as far as not being able to get into mythic+ keys or raid spots?

No
I'm honestly leaning more toward Hunter I've been going back and forth for an hour now trying to figure out which to boost
One is a caster.
The other has 1 casting spec (which is avoided atm), 1 ranged instant caster, and 1 melee.

They are really different classes. So that is all on you for personal preference.
Historically mage will be a safer bet imho. But I can't seem to shelve hunter even after almost 14 years.
I play both classes and I would say that my mage is my main, but it is very very close.

With a good tank and enough free casting time, mage can deliver a huge amount of damage with any spec. They can deliver tons of single target and AoE.

There's that need for tank and enough casting time though.

Solo, playing a mage can be challenging. They don't have self heals, but with blink/shimmer, Frost Nova and slow abilities they can cc and blink away and deliver killing blows. Although anytime a miniholiday pops up that I'm interested in, mage teleport makes doing it super easy.

Hunters have their own pet tank which makes solo questing super easy. BM at least, does very well in dungeons, they are highly mobile and their damage is very consistent. Pets sometimes get knocked out or decides that dog butt is more interesting than that Demon and dismiss and re-calling is a damage killer.

Haven't played survival, ever, and mm didn't click with me back in legion when I first tried it.
I'm trying to decide between mage and Hunter for my boost i like both from what I've done on the trials my big question is will either one gimp me as far as not being able to get into mythic+ keys or raid spots?

Frost spec for mage, or survival hunter, if Mythic+ is your end goal.
10/04/2018 06:40 AMPosted by Cowterstrike
or survival hunter, if Mythic+ is your end goal.

Lol what? Where did you pull that answer out of.
10/04/2018 07:36 AMPosted by Vilnak
10/04/2018 06:40 AMPosted by Cowterstrike
or survival hunter, if Mythic+ is your end goal.

Lol what? Where did you pull that answer out of.

Current logs at the time. Seems SV slipped again.
Both will do fine in mythic+ I think Mage may have a slight edge there though. Both have spots for raid last I checked.

Mages have a lot of great bonuses to bring biscuits, portal etc... don't under estimate how much people love those two things...

Hunter is fun and I enjoy pet classes immensely (Hunter has more content than other classes through pet skills and collection)... On my Warrior everything feels like work. My Rogue is fun as well but more PvP centric for me...