How are people okay with the new Azerite plans?

General Discussion
I personally think there is too much work for them to fix with a new system that failed for the most part.

I dont think any tweaks or additions to this system will help make it replace or be better than any of the lost systems that did work better ( tier/talents/glyphs )

At this point we are most likely getting these small fixes while they move to a better/previous system next expansion.

So I guess this is still BfA BETA till 8.1 and probably the next expac.
10/04/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Sikari
I’m not really one for panicking but
... you're going to anyway? Over a game?
10/04/2018 11:01 AMPosted by Kegsmash
Why do people feel like they need to get bus gear right away. Why can’t there be some rng to it. Keep you playing and enjoying it and when you finally get your bis it feels better. It feels like a reward for the grind

Sometimes I feel like people want d3 loot system in wow.
The problem isn't because there are some RNG. The problem is there's too much of it.
10/04/2018 12:15 PMPosted by Solarwynds
I’m not really one for panicking but
... you're going to anyway? Over a game?

Wouldn’t say I’m panicking, even now. I think facepalming is a better description. These changes don’t address the major concerns of the system as it stands, and in some ways actually makes them worse, when there are far easier/better options available.
I honestly do not understand the love affair people have with the tier sets, the most recently system most of all. Sure in Legion it was super nice having one set to rule them all but that one set often FORCED you into a build. The problem with tier sets is they frequently are not designed to be flexible enough to support varied playstyles. Take the last DH Havoc armor for example, both talents were aimed at improving eye beams. So any build other than Demonic was immediately thrown in the trash the second you got your set.
Azerite's not going anywhere until BfA ends. It sucks that that's the case, but they're not getting rid of an expansion's core feature, no matter how good or bad, in the middle of an expansion. So the best thing to be done is to make azerite armor a bit less bad.

I don't think too many people expect azerite armor to be "fixed" so much as made slightly less conspicuously terrible. So I'll take what I can get, and hope that two years down the line azerite armor is obliterated from existence.
I'm withholding judgement until I know how the ring works.

Otherwise, I'm just repeating whatever I believed in the past already.
10/04/2018 11:33 AMPosted by Kanderas
Azerite gear is simply a huge design failure. No amount of tweaking it will fix it.

AP in general is a bad system. It's an artificial way to increase content. Bored? Just go grind AP because you'll never have enough.

Pretty dumb.
This younger generation of "give it to me now" mentality broke our game!

Remember when you finally got your first epic in ZG or from hard fought PVP battles. This was only done after getting full tier sets of blue to even start walking into raids.

Now we just get (and have) purples thrown at us like candy to make people feel better. Screw that.

Look, I am by no means a bleeding edge player. That would mean I may not get very many purples. But effort = reward. The more effort the greater the reward.

Turning in an emissary quest and getting a 370 piece (that can TForge up to 395) is neither.

Blizzard is a bunch of chumps. The try to cater to everyone and as a result piss everyone off.

Hell, just start selling the 370 on the Store Blizzard. Beats getting McSrewed....

When the guy next to you turns in his Emissary and gets a 395 McForged piece for doing EXACTLY what you did.... you have been McSrewed
I bet it would take about a week to design some decent heads, shoulders, and chests and drop azerite from the face of the earth forever. And the planet would feel better, to boot.
Many are happy just because feedback is working and Blizzard is at least trying to do something.

You're just being dumb if you expect them to completely rip the azerite system out of the game immediately.
10/04/2018 11:33 AMPosted by Kanderas
Azerite gear is simply a huge design failure. No amount of tweaking it will fix it.

Basically this.

New gear when it's difficult enough to get Azerite gear, much less Azerite Gear upgrades.

New traits when there are already too many to balance resulting in the vast majority not being worth the bother to unlock.

Azerite Gear being a higher chance as a reward specifically for gear rewarding emissaries. Yeah, like that's really going to create a surge in availability.

Look, I've got 2 max level characters: Monk and DH. I'm pretty happy with their basic rotations and functionality without Azerite figuring in at all. For 2 specs each. There's not much that AT can offer to be rewarding enough for the grind to unlock, particularly when each new piece moves the bar further away.
Fixes none of the foundational problems. Current dev team trucks on in Dumpster Paradise.
10/04/2018 11:54 AMPosted by Normercy
I can’t be the only one

Yes...yes you are.

Nope, no he's not.

I read the notes and chuckled. The patch does nothing to help the problems.
10/04/2018 12:47 PMPosted by Paeldryth
You're just being dumb if you expect them to completely rip the azerite system out of the game immediately.

10/04/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Phibbus
I bet it would take about a week to design some decent heads, shoulders, and chests and drop azerite from the face of the earth forever. And the planet would feel better, to boot.

Might take more than a week, but there's plenty of time between now and 8.1.

Replace Azerite gear with regular gear drops with regular stats.

Move Traits to relics, slot relics on HoA like Artifacts, use Azerite to continually upgrade HoA like Concordance. Prune Traits to a handful of utility traits and a couple of specialization specific traits that can be changed each patch. Drop relics everywhere as rewards to allow customization and experimentation.

Bam, HoA and Azerite are still relevant all of BfA and Traits actually become rewarding and worth chasing.
10/04/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Sikari
Why do people feel like they need to get bus gear right away. Why can’t there be some rng to it. Keep you playing and enjoying it and when you finally get your bis it feels better. It feels like a reward for the grind

It’s not about BIS instantly, don’t be silly. We are well past “needing BIS instantly” when it has been admitted that there are many very geared players (I’m near 370 myself) with 340 pieces still. They admit that the balance is off.

Secondly, a huge part of Azerite gear was supposed to be about choice. What choices are you making when you struggle to get an upgrade, let alone the piece with ideal traits.

Using a 340 is bad becauuseee...

And I swap 2-3 pieces out depending what I’m doing. Maybe you’re doing it wrong. You guys really love to make mountains out of molehills.
I'm hoping it's only the start of fixes for this system. In my opinion it will never be a good system, but they can at least make it passable for the rest of the expansion. Bellular sums it up pretty well and is less emotional than I and many others would be: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD_q3ANDiS8
10/04/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Caelin
I honestly do not understand the love affair people have with the tier sets, the most recently system most of all. Sure in Legion it was super nice having one set to rule them all but that one set often FORCED you into a build. The problem with tier sets is they frequently are not designed to be flexible enough to support varied playstyles. Take the last DH Havoc armor for example, both talents were aimed at improving eye beams. So any build other than Demonic was immediately thrown in the trash the second you got your set.

This is the true potential of azerite but it needs time to set in. People need to remember that at this point in legion we had extremely rare legendaries that people were rerolling characters if they didn't get the one they wanted, a horrible ap grind, and we didnt even have any set bonuses yet. These boring traits? Yeah, thats because at this point you wouldn't have even had tier yet.

The one thing that bothers me about losing tier is the transmog. I love collecting transmog and now i only have one half arsed cloth set to collect. That just feels lazy on the art department
10/04/2018 11:39 AMPosted by Sickening

No. I pvp and in the past being able to see what I could buy was a huge deal...the planning and such and it was truly a cool thing...options are good. Now you have no idea what you are going to get. When you go shopping do you pay and then get a random thing? No. There is a reason for that...it is called bad business.

To the OP. I think it is a bandaid covering a hemorrhage. It is too late to change the system entirely without it being rushed and botched so this is what we will have to live with til the next xpac.

More like a band-aid covering a hemorrhoid.
To me, it's not about not liking the changes, or not thinking that any of them are positive changes to what we have now.

It's about knowing that despite any changes they can make, Azerite gear will always be flawed from the ground up. That no matter how many changes they make to it now, it wont fix the problems that lay at the core of the system that should have been scrapped and rebuilt 8 months ago.

It's about not caring what they do now, because none of it would be necessary if they had given us something better from the beginning, and none of it will turn Azerite into a fun and engaging feature. It is what it is, and it will be roughly the same until it is redesigned or scrapped going into the next expansion.