Why can none of the allied races be dk?

General Discussion
I was looking forward to being a mag'har orc dk but I just checked and they can't. And none of the other allied races can either. WTF?
Because none of the allied races or pandaren were even close to the scourge lol
Other than dark iron I don't think any would make sense.
Simple - it's because it would require rework to the existing DK starting experience and that's one thing they won't do.
Because the Allied Races either (re)appeared well after the events of Wrath (IDK if Bolvar is into making New Death Knights as much as I am) or didn't exist at all until the conclusion of Legion (Void Elves). Dark Irons and Mag'har are the problematic ones, but could be explained as the Dark Irons being located exclusively in Blackrock Mountain and that was (by the time of Wrath) a little out of Arthas' reach and the Mag'har being too few on Azeroth at the time of Wrath for a significant number of them to be Death Knights (I think Dranosh was the only canon one).
Something something lore because sometimes it matters and sometimes it doesn't
lol no purple legolas dk for you.
I think there would be a lot of confusion with how you'd earn heritage armor on a DK, as well—are they even eligible? If they're not, people who want to roll one would feel cheated. If they are, you have a clear alternate path to "victory" (the current one being "roll a monk and breeze through 20-90 with the exp bonus"). Either way, you would probably have to say something about it on the achievement tooltip.
09/25/2018 05:19 PMPosted by Glumrot
It could in theory have happened with Zandalari trolls or Dark Iron dwarves. There were some around that we could interact with before WotLK. (I guess it could still happen with Zandalari trolls?)

It could have been done with Void Elves if they went through the scenario as Blood Elves and acquired the "void taint" only after they finished it and started normal questing. (Basically, at the time of the Death Knight intro scenario, every Void Elf was still a Blood Elf.) Oh, and the same thing could work for demon hunters, if the void and the fel are compatible.

But yeah, the Highmountain were on another land mass that the Scourge never touched, and the Nightborn were as well but were also under a force field the whole time Arthas was Arthasing.

The Lightforged were on a completely different planet, and the Mag'har (at least these Mag'har, which are explicitly from the WoD Draenor) were in another dimension or timeline or whatever wibly wobly explanation you want to use.
In order to get the "special" armor you must level up the allied race from 20, without any boosts, RaF granted levels or other "artificial" level gains.

You can't do this if you ware a DK which starts at level 55.
09/25/2018 05:19 PMPosted by Glumrot

Allied starts at 20. My nightborn went back in time. As do all allied.

The new races now back in time get scourged. Boom...DK allied races.

Lore consistency at this point with the allied races is a joke. Bad one at that.....

time to let things go here really.

this could have been avoided with a level 100 start. Heritage armour grind to 120. that way Legion based allied...are where they are supposed to be.

BFA allied...slum it in legion. Why not a DK? lich king is already dead...for now. Since legion, old gods rebooted...lich king reboot not out of the question.

Way it is now...if new allied exists in the past why can't we get past features as well. OP wants an allied DK. I'd like allied demon hunters lol.
It has nothing to do with the timeline. The Zandalari where active around the time of the war with the lich king, Highmountain and Kul'tiras are practically next door to northrend, and void elves where still blood elves at the time DKs start and they definitely were able to be turned into DKs.

No, the reason Allied races can't be DKs or DHs is starting at a higher level would make getting the heritage armor easier.
09/25/2018 05:39 PMPosted by Phlynch
No, the reason Allied races can't be DKs or DHs is starting at a higher level would make getting the heritage armor easier.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
09/25/2018 05:22 PMPosted by Gloombridge
Simple - it's because it would require rework to the existing DK starting experience and that's one thing they won't do.

No it wouldn't require anything since all they need to do is let you pick your faction just like when you boost a panda as for allied races they start at level 20 already and don't need to do the zone.
09/25/2018 05:22 PMPosted by Gloombridge

This is the sole reason. Time to close the thread.
Well. In the case of mag'har? The explanation is quite intricate, and detailed.

They were on another flippin' planet when that happened.
I was running around in legion making new DKs for my class hall quest. So new ones are being made. Im assuming that means none of the new races ever die. They must be immortal.
I feel like the real reason is because Blizz didn't want people getting a head start in getting heritage armor. Gotta pad that time played yo.
DKs are my favorite, so I'd love at least one allied race I could play as DK. Dark Irons and Zandalari I think would make some sense.

I'd be fine with having to level something else from 20 to get the heritage armor but then I love DKs..