Boomy buffs

Arenas
Shocked that they buffed starsurge by 15%

Playing on alts vs a team that hit 3-4 40-55k starsurges back to back. Funniest thing I’ve experienced yet
09/25/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Stickirikii

Playing on alts vs a team that hit 3-4 40-55k starsurges back to back. Funniest thing I’ve experienced yet

As a boomy, Starsurges do not hit 55k. What are you smoking?
Dude this is beta chill out. I'm SURE that when the game actually goes live that they'll have all of this fixed!
Seriously though, looking through a lot of those changes they made yesterday it seemed to be purely pve motivated. The starsurge/starfall buffs seemed to have been done with a nerf to a trait that evened damage out but encouraged players to make other choices. Same with the DH nerf, I don't think it was at all pvp motivated but was to encourage players to play other traits rather then their one size fits all build they were doing. However it left us with this ridiculous crap-fiesta where we the PvP devs are going to now have to go through and tune all of those changes specifically for PvP AFTER they went live instead of before. Which distracts them from making changes to severely underperforming specs like WWs/DKs/Locks.
I honestly find it ridiculous that a company this large and with this many resources can continually crap the bed and I still play their game like a dang crack addict.
I fully believe that they have no knowledge of the meta other than tournaments and forums, based on their tuning approach. Boomkin has not been a major pitchfork spec on the forums and wasn’t super prevalent in the tournament. So they probably thought the spec would be within the margin of acceptability without compensating the buff in pvp. Or they just didn't consider it at all. Either way.

It will take demon hunter getting nerfed and then forum outrage and possibly another tournament before they will realize that the buff probably wasn’t neccesary in pvp. Moonkins, enjoy the fun. Everyone else, wait your turn. Game will be stable in 9-12 months if it’s anything like the last 4 expansions.
I think forum people literally complain just to complain. You just love the forums more than the game lol...

It gave us a sustain increase while significantly nerfing the burst; which is usually more desirable in PvP mind you. No Boomy on earth is hitting you for 55k starsurges. Critting gets you like half that. With 15% you’re at like 25k. And they can’t possibly cast even 3 of them back to back.
If they nerfed DH , Mut and didnt buff Boomys we would have been in a pretty good spot once buffs to locks / DKs went out.

I dont have any logs but was queing with galaxy when he hit our buddy with a 55k starsurge. We all couldnt stop laughing. Its actually a meme rn
09/25/2018 10:24 PMPosted by Çernunnos
I think forum people literally complain just to complain. You just love the forums more than the game lol...

It gave us a sustain increase while significantly nerfing the burst; which is usually more desirable in PvP mind you. No Boomy on earth is hitting you for 55k starsurges. Critting gets you like half that. With 15% you’re at like 25k. And they can’t possibly cast even 3 of them back to back.

Dude any good boomkin can do 3 of them. Run in match triple dot get to 100 Astral, double starsurge cast 2 wraths boom starsurge again. About 5 globals for about 85K damage while your assassination rogue continues to slam his face into his desk.
Boomkin is NOT okay right now. I'm okay with setup comps like boomkin/rogue but it is NOT a setup comp right now. Boomkin just does too much damage with the 15% starsurge buff in pvp. It's going to get reverted for pvp.
I will be sure to screenshot it next time. Wasnt streaming alt / gearing for ele.
I have not hit over a 36k starsurge yet. 370 ilvl boomy with a 1500 intellect on use trinket btw...
09/26/2018 12:53 AMPosted by Valdaram
I have not hit over a 36k starsurge yet. 370 ilvl boomy with a 1500 intellect on use trinket btw...

Ok. Are their traits that could make a star surge hit harder on lower ilvl players with funky scaling. This was in 1900 mmr range.
09/26/2018 12:44 AMPosted by Stickirikii
If they nerfed DH , Mut and didnt buff Boomys we would have been in a pretty good spot once buffs to locks / DKs went out.

I dont have any logs but was queing with galaxy when he hit our buddy with a 55k starsurge. We all couldnt stop laughing. Its actually a meme rn

Nerf drain life trait, assassination rogues, and DH( not a lot) the meta would be s lot better.

Sin rogues are gross right now
https://i.imgur.com/39zNVUT.png
My starsurge damage.
I havent seen starsurge crits in arena above 40k.... Link a pict of the combat log if you see one again so the devs actually have proof of it like the dh one shot.
Yeah i was kinda shocked to see it even with the 15% buff. Ill def screenshot it next time
You guys have to be making some mistake. As others have said, we just simply don’t hit that hard.

Sure, you could pool 100AP. Sunblaze is a trait that increases the next star surge by X amount of damage when you cast solar wrath before it. So at best you’d have cast SW, SS, SW, SS, SW, SS. Not only is that 7-8 gcds but you’re also banking on every single one of them critting and as mentioned before, it’s not hitting for 55k anyway. I mean guys, it was 15% to one spender.

You realize if they were hitting for 55k then before the buff they were already apparently hitting for like 47k right? Not only is that obviously not true, but why does no one mention that? 47k, totally cool, but 55k and everyone loses their mind? Lol.

I’m not joking when I think people see the list of buffs and you just run to the forums to complain about it. Totally unfounded.

They already butchered our healing. Remove our “OP” off heals and OP burst. Give us a little more sustain. I think that’s fair.
09/25/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Stickirikii

You're the same guy boasting about his rating after winning via our gimmick lava shock and now your hear whining to get 1 of 2 viable casters that don't rely on gimmicks nerfed into the ground. Maybe try looking at assassination or DH???
Meanwhile they buffed a windwalker trait but made sure it didnt apply in pvp because the spec is tooooooooo stronk!
If boomies are indeed hitting that hard, they should really consider nerfing BM hunters again.

It makes sense.
This buff was intended for pve and clearly an oversight in pvp.

Ideally this is addressed soon.