shamans new role

General Discussion
<derp>
Shamans power bottom and I'm the power top
So sad :(
09/26/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Acaelus
09/26/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Menacet
There you go friendo. Game isn't balanced for heroic raids at 75% percentile.

Seems like a successful strategy to ignore the majority of players.
Welcome to World of Ioncraft.
09/26/2018 02:10 PMPosted by Jubearlee
So ideally, who should be on the bottom of the DPS list?

I mean you understand how ranking things goes, right? Do we just have a 25 way tie for last place?

There is a 24 way tie for last. If you ain't first, you're last. - Ricky Bobby
09/26/2018 02:22 PMPosted by Xenzulah
Have shamans ever been good? We used to be the only one with lust. So we were useful to bring for that. But tbh we've always been a niche at best.

Well, even Ion admitted we needed a defined niche. Enhance was always single target from when I started raiding in BC up until WoD, when it turned into "Surprise! You do great sustained aoe now!"

And then in Legion we were back to single target with some cleave.

And now? I can pull off a 75% parse for ilevel on heroic Taloc, while a rogue a couple of points ahead can fart around in the bottom quartile and outdps me. That's not a niche. That's just stupid.

I mean you understand how ranking things goes, right? Do we just have a 25 way tie for last place?

Classes that have 2 other specs to choose from.
So you are down there with demo lock fire mage marks hunter and UHDK, how about fixing all those...WITHOUT NERFING THE OTHER SPECS BLIZZ! GG everytime you try to buff a spec you have to nerf the others..whyyyy
Shaman has not been fun since 5.4
trying to steal the show from the demonology locks and fire mages?
"Power bottom".

These words, I do not think they mean what you think they mean.

Mages. They've been at the top since classic, it's time for their stay at the bottom
09/26/2018 02:22 PMPosted by Xenzulah
Have shamans ever been good? We used to be the only one with lust. So we were useful to bring for that. But tbh we've always been a niche at best.

in lich king the spamming of chain heal was awesome if you stacked haste. on my shaman i had chain well heal under 2 seconds. it was the only spell you needed at the time

yes
Feral Druids cry about their DPS but our 2 dps specs are worst than Feral :(
also Shadow priests :(

I would agree, but having both dps specs at the bottom sucks, if it was only 1 it would be understandable but our 2 dps specs?

True always going to be someone last, but if the disparity is more than 10% then you have a problem. It's gotten better with hot fixes for some, the gap closing, but it's still a bit off.
for all the people complaining that Shamans always get the shaft, Cataclysm to Warlords they played almost the exact same and were always in a good spot. Then at the start of Legion Enhancement was destroying everything until the Nighthold patch came out and literally killed the spec until the rebalance in Tomb. Then all through Antorus shamans at least Enhancement were single target monsters.
Go resto for healing cooldowns or GTFO has been Blizzard's stance on shaman since... well pretty much forever.

There were brief windows where they were good at DPS for a short time, sure.
But the same is true for fire mage, and they more often than not share the position of "change specs or GTFO" with shaman.
To be fair though right now my shaman feels like it did in Nighthold which was terrible.