What's your expression when you're #1 on the meters?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
It sucks because all my cooldowns are blown and now I have to figure out how to stay up here for next 4-8 minutes.
I silently smile to myself. I don't say a word, I take it all in. I am proud. I do a happy dance inside my head. I skip and jump around excitedly, for I am the BEST. I WIN. I AM NUMBER 1 /happydance
If I'm on my monk, pally or hunter I'm usually like "oh. neat"

Whereas if I'm on my Spriest, Feral or Shaman I cry tears of self induced false hope that there was a secret buff and not because my group is playing badly.
Kinda blank because I'm usually expected to be at the top?
09/26/2018 03:59 PMPosted by Dharyise

Whereas if I'm on my Spriest, Feral or Shaman I cry tears of self induced false hope that there was a secret buff and not because my group is playing badly.

Not gonna lie, after an LFR last week, someone asked for DPS charts so I stuck around out of curiosity expecting to be down at like 13-16.

I was 5th. Absolutely floored.
Wow. These people must really suck.
09/26/2018 03:43 PMPosted by Shadøw
Do you feel satisfied or happy when you're number 1 on the damage or healing meters? Do you feel like you're better than everyone else in the group? Or you don't do none of that and realize it's a team effort and not a epeen contest?

I honestly don't care if i'm #1 on the meters anymore, as long as I know i'm pulling my weight and not being a terrible hunter

(I know, those are rare, please still with me)

Then I am just peachy!
Indifferent since its always the same classes at the top.
The !@#$?

Exactly. It wasn't until I chimed in to ask the DPS to focus the adds that we downed the boss with NO problems. I was above 90% mana, nobody dropped below 85% health, I even had to pick up the task of burning the bodies while healing, but if it was between doing that myself or asking DPS that couldn't take their eyes of the meters long enough to focus down adds... I'd rather just handle it.

That Monk was complete tool.
It never happens, I'm a feral druid. I'm glad everyone here gets to enjoy that feeling every so often though.
Terrified because I know how bad I am. But that makes the rest of the group worse, so......yeah. Terrified.
As a Balance Druid I just recognize the fight was probably spread sustained AoE and note the lack of Affliction Locks in the raid.
09/26/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Squarepuller
My sentiment is always "how am I doing top dps as druid tank in M+..... this is not good"

This guy knows.
09/26/2018 03:43 PMPosted by Shadøw
Do you feel satisfied or happy when you're number 1 on the damage or healing meters? Do you feel like you're better than everyone else in the group? Or you don't do none of that and realize it's a team effort and not a epeen contest?

I feel happy when I'm not number 1. If someone manages to beat me on the healing meters that means we probably kicked the !@#$ out of the other team.
Bellylaughing at just how badly my group must blow if I'm number one. Even on my BM Hunter i'm no.2 as often as no.1. Generally speaking, on most of my DPS toons, I fall somewhere in the middle.
I'm running whatever the hell talents I feel like, not even remotely "optimal", so it would be some mixture of cofusion and wondering how much I overgear the other people.
I don't have a meter, so...

I don't particularly care who is doing what as long as the boss dies in a reasonable amount of time and we don't wipe.

*shrug*

The things people choose to obsess over baffles me sometimes.

I get the competitive aspect and all, but usually when someone links these meters to brag about their number 1 status, those below them really weren't that far behind, so I kind of get a chuckle out of that.

Hey! you were ever so slightly higher than the other button pushers! Congrats sport!