WoW Classic compared to Vanilla WoW

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
Question? Are they gonna integrate the current Battle Net system into Classic WoW?
09/27/2018 05:12 AMPosted by Kromtarn
Aside from graphics most likely being updated, do think they’ll change anything else for Classic, or leave it exactly like how it was in Vanilla?

Can you post in the section this relates too - way too many threads on this in GD again and this was the point of creating a whole section of the forum for this.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/22814264/
09/27/2018 05:29 AMPosted by Yayayayayaya
WoW "classic" or vanilla or whatever people call it was bad compared to now. I didn't particularly like lockpicking boxes in Ratchet for hours or carrying vials for poisons. It was awful. Typically people who like this "design" are the same ones who hate flying, LFR and other QoL improvements.

Not everyone lives with their mom and plays in her basement anymore.

Woah there little fella! You don't have to live in your mothers basement to enjoy picking a lock as a class that picks locks or making poison as a class that specializes in poison.

Sorry your life is so busy taking 2 minutes to make poisons equates to having no life. Must be difficult, yet somehow you are posting on the forums.

Thats a yikes from me.
09/27/2018 05:57 AMPosted by Phibbus
09/27/2018 05:52 AMPosted by Tiresias

It is not, people change. Just speaking for myself, I cannot grind the same amount now as I did back then. Plus I really love my felguard >.<

I want to say there were add ons in BC but I did not use them. They were too "hard" for me to install. It may be more that people did not know how to use the API to create add ons for vanilla. The add on makers we have now may be able to work wonders with classic servers.
Lua scripting and addons were fully supported from the beginnng.

Yeah, correct me if my memory doesn't serve but vanilla used Lua 5.0.
...Sure didn't.

You win.

Tell me something I don't already know cupcake.
What do I do when I'm a leftist but not overly sensitive?
WoW "classic" or vanilla or whatever people call it was bad compared to now. I didn't particularly like lockpicking boxes in Ratchet for hours or carrying vials for poisons. It was awful. Typically people who like this "design" are the same ones who hate flying, LFR and other QoL improvements.

0/10 Wow, bravo on basically only using slander to justify your point. Lol.

Ever think that people could just have fond memories? Or that maybe people who did not have the chance to experience it would like to?

Of course not...
09/27/2018 06:10 AMPosted by Neocleo

0/10 Wow, bravo on basically only using slander to justify your point. Lol.

Ever think that people could just have fond memories? Or that maybe people who did not have the chance to experience it would like to?

Of course not...
I would have a more favorable opinion if these threads didn't crop up everyday to remind us about it and how annoying the classic crowd is.
09/27/2018 05:40 AMPosted by Reshyk
I don’t think you can put the genie back in the bottle. I don’t think it’s going to magically transport us back to the world of 2004 like some of the people high on the ‘member berries seem to think it will.

I think most diehard fans of Vanilla who you assume are expecting some alternate reality where they are 12 again are only in your head. Most of these guys have servers available to play on and they indeed love them and fully know what feelings they get when playing on them.

Sodapoppin, Lirik, Summit, Asmongold, essentially the biggest gamers on Twitch all know what to expect and will drive a heavy following to Vanilla.
The people that played vanilla WoW have all grown up. The kids today are used to very easy games and will not enjoy !@#$ like having to train your new weapon from 0 to 300 or kill 400 bears for 1 exp bar.
obviously the under the hood stuff will change. I presume there is going to be heavy sharding in the 1-30 zones. Other than that I think It will be the same as it was.
...What do I do when I'm a leftist but not overly sensitive?

Have mommy make you some smiley face pancakes with a juice box, you'll feel better I promise.

It's funny when someone is so miserable, bitter and unhappy you can glean this concept thru a purely textual medium like the wow forums.
This is a very interesting reply. Why do you assume so much?

I'm pretty happy, honestly.

Can't be worst than this boring !@#$ we are playing at this moment.