8.1 - Lies about Garrosh Redux? <Spoilers>

General Discussion
Maybe the Sylvanas or Nathanos assassination attempt on Saurfang is successful and we fail to protect him?
I mean.. it's probably Sylv, but shes not the only one who would have reason to want to see him dead.

I'm mean.. it's probably still Sylv but.. there is like an 0.00001% chance we could be like.. stopping Genn from assassinating him or soething.
09/27/2018 12:47 PMPosted by Lemres
09/27/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Mercelída
Plot twist: everyone dies

Plot twist: It was a nightmare, Xavius is still alive and once defeated, nothing in BFA happened (?)
double plot twist it was old man Jenkins the whole time
It's interesting to see the building backlash against Saurfang. I wonder if blizzard knew it would happen. To go from the height of the cinematic to the low of him basically abandoning the horde when we needed him most.

Just my own prediction, but after doing the Mah'gar orc unlock scenario and seeing how blizzard flipped the outcome on its head to what happened in our timeline, I'm going to say that Sylvanas puts down Saufang's rebellion and maybe even gives him the warriors death he's so long sought after.
If you guys want to have fun. I say let really go all out. Have a mysterious DK show up and demand the throne. Who this human DK. I will it to writers. But let say he finds out that his son was killed of 15 years ago. Now is really a demon in disguised. Have raid based on this.

Now for horde said a returning ancient shaman comes. who is she. Why she here to reform the horde. She shows the war chief what the path leads to. Instead offers her power to change course. Into a more honorable war chief who plans include conquering all. Leading horde back to old ways and adding a new skin orc that is crimson in color. is she good or is she evil. what kind of honor does she bring.
09/27/2018 12:44 PMPosted by Shelegiel
But I don't want to help Saurfang escape assassins. I'll happily off him myself for his betrayal. He was given the opportunity to escape prison, he refused and further refused to ever come back to a Horde led by Sylvanas.

If Saurfang wants to happily sit in his prison cell and talk about honor with Anduin the boy king, he's dead to me.

why is it always a blood elf that's "hardcore horde" like this? every single time
09/27/2018 12:23 PMPosted by Geofferey
BfA = No Old Gods really means All of the Old Gods.
I always facepalm when I see people say this.

expansions have always had side plots, just because there are old gods doesn't mean it's an old god expansion,

wrath wasn't an old god expansion because it had yogg,

legion wasn't an old god expansion because it had the emerald nightmare.

8.1 is pretty faction war focused, with the exception of the mini raid.
09/27/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Greenegg
8.1 is pretty faction war focused, with the exception of the mini raid.

You play Alliance... You have an entire zone dedicated to the Naga and Old Gods.

The entire first BfA Raid Tier is failed Titan Experiments on Old God genetics. We had multiple Dungeons at launch filled with Old God minions.

The Faction War was a distraction.
The Dark Lady will have that traitorous swine Saurfang's head on a pike outside her throne in Orgrimmar.
8.1 datamining has a quest where we are helping Saurfang avoid Sylvanas' Assassins while starting a Revolution in the Horde.

Can Ion and the Dev Team please just say "we don't want to spoil plot" rather than just bold face lying?

No Garrosh repeat really means Saurfang leads the revolt instead of Voljin.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=287474/patch-8-1-plot-speculation-saurfang-delaryn-sira-moonwarden-derek-proudmoore-tyr

We get an item called Worn Cloak for the quest / scenario.
https://ptr.wowhead.com/item=165791/worn-cloak

Worn Cloak
Item Level 120
Binds when picked up
Unique
Use: Don a worn cloak and hood, potentially throwing assassins off of Saurfang's trail. (30 Min Cooldown)
"Some revolutios begin with the smallest acts of defiance."

Just stop telling really obvious lies that we all know are lies.

So looks like we are going to lose our 4th warchief since the end of Wrath and Alliance is on only their 2nd high king since WoW went live in 2004 .

Yup I can see the horde bias now.
I will not side with Saurfang.
09/27/2018 01:34 PMPosted by Geofferson
09/27/2018 01:22 PMPosted by Humud
This will split the Horde. 3 factions coming?

The Horde basically already has two Factions.

Those who see the Ends justifying the Means; Goblins, Forsaken, BElfs and Nightbourne.
Then you have the Honorbound side; Trolls, Orcs, Cows and Pandas.

If they wanted to go full on third faction they'd need to have the new include races that break off from both the Alliance and the Horde to form it. Just splitting the Horde in half really wouldn't work.

EDIT:: This leading to a third faction would mix things up a lot and add a new element to the game and the whole faction balance problem.

Please don't count pandas.
09/27/2018 03:16 PMPosted by Waidmann
8.1 datamining has a quest where we are helping Saurfang avoid Sylvanas' Assassins while starting a Revolution in the Horde.

Can Ion and the Dev Team please just say "we don't want to spoil plot" rather than just bold face lying?

No Garrosh repeat really means Saurfang leads the revolt instead of Voljin.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=287474/patch-8-1-plot-speculation-saurfang-delaryn-sira-moonwarden-derek-proudmoore-tyr

We get an item called Worn Cloak for the quest / scenario.
https://ptr.wowhead.com/item=165791/worn-cloak

Worn Cloak
Item Level 120
Binds when picked up
Unique
Use: Don a worn cloak and hood, potentially throwing assassins off of Saurfang's trail. (30 Min Cooldown)
"Some revolutios begin with the smallest acts of defiance."

Just stop telling really obvious lies that we all know are lies.

So looks like we are going to lose our 4th warchief since the end of Wrath and Alliance is on only their 2nd high king since WoW went live in 2004 .

to be fair, we had no high king until Wrath. You could argue that Bolvar was our high-king, but either way, the actual leadership of the Alliance has changed 3 times. 1 less than the horde.

And Vol'jin's death could be blamed on the players; when it was first announced, there was a huge outcry that 'Voljin is lame, i don't want him as WC,' and during WoD, 'Voljin isn't doing anything, just kill him off and give us a real WC.'

I think part of the problem is that there -is- a split in the horde faction between those that like Thrall's ideals, and those that just want to play the bad guy and/or worship their undead waifu.
09/27/2018 03:16 PMPosted by Waidmann

Anduin was King until his dad came back on Wrath. Anduin's dad died heroically at the start of Legion now Anduin is King again.

Anduin being corrupted by Azerite and an Alliance Coup would have been nice for a change instead of just another dead/disgraced Horde leader.
09/27/2018 03:31 PMPosted by Seije
And Vol'jin's death could be blamed on the players; when it was first announced, there was a huge outcry that 'Voljin is lame, i don't want him as WC,' and during WoD, 'Voljin isn't doing anything, just kill him off and give us a real WC.'

Vol'jin had story for WoD but Blizzard completely F'd up WoD and cut half the story for both Alliance and Horde. It's not the Player's fault that Vol'jin had his content cut it's Blizzard's fault.

It's not Sylvanas' fault she's the way she is, it's the Blizzard Story Team's fault.
It's not Anduin's fault he's boring mayonaise garbage, it's the Blizzard's Story Team's fault.
It's not Saurfang's idea to have another Horde Revolution, it's the garbage from the Blizzard Story Team.
09/27/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Malik
The difference is at the last moment she will randomly turn good and save everyone, and we'll all go home with the moral that it's okay to commit genocide as long as you do one good deed to make up for it later.

She was duped into thinking that the folks she killed were infected by the old gods. In essence she was saving the world for killing those * innocents*
09/27/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Rijiku
If you guys want to have fun. I say let really go all out. Have a mysterious DK show up and demand the throne. Who this human DK. I will it to writers. But let say he finds out that his son was killed of 15 years ago. Now is really a demon in disguised. Have raid based on this.

Now for horde said a returning ancient shaman comes. who is she. Why she here to reform the horde. She shows the war chief what the path leads to. Instead offers her power to change course. Into a more honorable war chief who plans include conquering all. Leading horde back to old ways and adding a new skin orc that is crimson in color. is she good or is she evil. what kind of honor does she bring.

Are you roleplaying an Orc trying to speak English?
09/27/2018 02:49 PMPosted by Andrin
09/27/2018 12:44 PMPosted by Shelegiel
But I don't want to help Saurfang escape assassins. I'll happily off him myself for his betrayal. He was given the opportunity to escape prison, he refused and further refused to ever come back to a Horde led by Sylvanas.

If Saurfang wants to happily sit in his prison cell and talk about honor with Anduin the boy king, he's dead to me.

why is it always a blood elf that's "hardcore horde" like this? every single time

Why is always a human paladin spouting self righteous nonsense while completely ignoring the topic every single time? See I can do that too.

I'm not hardcore Horde, I have just as many Alliance characters. I just have no respect for Saurfang and don't have a problem with what Sylvanas has done. He swore his loyalty and broke his oath. What do armies do with deserters? They shoot them.
Where in that description does it say "throw of horde assassins"?
I will defend Saurfang, as either horde or alliance I don't care. Saurfang has earned my respects. I would rather die fighting against the undead queen than submiting to her and becoming a mindless slave.

DEATH TO THE QUEEN, FOR THE TRUE HORDE!
LOK'TAR OGAR.