Haven't played since Day 1 BfA went Live

General Discussion
Hello all,

Consider me a time-traveler from a month and a half ago. Did BfA meet your expectations? Any tips you would give yourself from a month and a half ago? Oh and can you give me the winning lotto numbers!?
Im fine with it. I would like to see more endgame solo content.
Why ask the forums. People are very pessimistic here, they always have been
Wait for 8.1, the state of the game its tolerable, for now, but not satisfactory.
The game is incredibly bugged, you did the right thing.
09/28/2018 05:21 PMPosted by Fadal
Did BfA meet your expectations?

It did. I expected more of the same (Legion 2.0), and that's what BfA is. Play through the story, grind WQs for rep, wait for certain features to be released, so on.

Any tips you would give yourself from a month and a half ago?

Take your time. Nothing needs to be unlocked in the first 7-10 days.
Jump in and enjoy the game. I'm really enjoying it. No need to rush anything, just take your time and experience the zones. They're great!!
I loved it initially, but the gloss wore off MUCH faster than in any other expansion except WoD.

Once you get through the main storyline, what's left is (alas) not particularly engaging. Both Island Expeditions and Warfronts are very frenetic and feel very repetitive. They do not stand up well against dungeons and raids as endgame content. WQs are boring retreads of leveling quests.

My recommendation? Don't be in a rush. Work through the questing and main storyline as slowly as possible. Read every quest and NPC interaction. Explore the zones. Take 2x gathering professions. Because the zones and storylines are the best part of BfA, with Uldir a close second. Everything else is a dead loss.
Any tips you would give yourself from a month and a half ago?

Defiant, please do not buy that three months of gametime. The next few weeks are going to highlight why Blizzard as a company is dead, and how Activision is actively desecrating their corpse.
this (expansion) aint it, chief.
Im pretty casual, but I enjoy the game as much as ever. The zones are great the questing was worth the money to buy BfA.

The over all story is dumpster fire filled with MoP leftovers.
09/28/2018 05:22 PMPosted by Drewdown

People need to stop asking for solo content in an MMO game.
09/28/2018 11:14 PMPosted by Arjento
09/28/2018 05:22 PMPosted by Drewdown

People need to stop asking for solo content in an MMO game.

There is nothing wrong with having some decent solo content in an mmorpg. Suramar as a max level story-driven zone and magetower as a fun, 0 power gain challenge activity were both excellent additions to a game designed mainly around grouping with friends and guildies to tackle dungeons and raids.

Content like that hurts the 'mmo' portion of this game far less than the 'auto-finder' systems. Queueing for dungeons/lfr/islands/warfronts/etc is convenient and time efficient but its at the cost of positive social interactions. It creates a sense of the other players being nothing more than throw away npc's you will never see again.