15 years Forsaken main. I will quit over 8.1.

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 18 Next
No you won’t
09/30/2018 01:57 AMPosted by Quetzatlus
It's fascinating to me that people are so attached to a character who has repeatedly shown that she only sees the rest of the living beings in the world as potential meatshields between her & death (especially those without power), and that she will say & do anything to stay alive & in power.

The only thing I can think of is that people have fond memories of her from WC3, as I have fuzzy memories of her story in that game. All i remember is she got stabbed by Arthas & then broke free and manipulated some Dreadlords into doing her bidding. Nothing that left much of a positive impression, though there also wasn't anything that really left a negative impression either.

But every interaction I can remember with her in WOW proper is her either committing atrocities on a whim or sending us to do her dirty work without any apparent concern for our opinion, well-being, or even survival. She has made it apparent, repeatedly, that to her we are tools to keep her from death; nothing more, and nothing less.

How this has generated such a rabid following I find very perplexing.

Cuz boobs

Imagine how many more people would excuse Trump's actions if he was a hot girl now that's terrifying.
Sylv deserves it
09/29/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Nightblade
Official Lore conflicts with my personal fanfiction version.

/quit
If "official lore" is that 100% of Forsaken players betray Sylvanas and are killing Dark Rangers then yes, I will quit.
09/30/2018 02:02 AMPosted by Profíen
No you won’t
Already did last weekend. But I have about a year of gametime, so I guess I'll be forced to let Blizz prove me wrong.
I keep wondering how OP has mained Forsaken longer than the game's been out.
LOL
Poster our toons dont exist in the lore as individuals. We are not the actors or even the extras to the games story. We are only its observers. We have never had any power to change wows story.

Also the forsaken grouped up to get revenge on arthas. They exist only to use each other for a common goal. The forsaken are not a race in the conventenal sense. Your more of an organization..... like the mafia.

Also sylvie slaughtered unarmed forsaken civilians on a whim. And sees you as nothing more then a tool to be used and thrown away.

Plus kahlia menithil has been setup to replace sylvie as your racial leader.
Bye girl bye.
09/28/2018 08:20 PMPosted by Malorash
Do you get an injection that makes you into a cringy video game dictator loyalist whenever you begin playing Horde or is it a trait you're born with that just naturally draws you toward Horde?

I think it's just sheep mentality
09/28/2018 09:28 PMPosted by Lorandor
The only thing I can think of is that people have fond memories of her from WC3, as I have fuzzy memories of her story in that game. All i remember is she got stabbed by Arthas & then broke free and manipulated some Dreadlords into doing her bidding. Nothing that left much of a positive impression, though there also wasn't anything that really left a negative impression either.

The fun thing is, those "fond memories of WC3" you talk about are more of "I'd rather have Sylvanas" moments.

WC3 Reign of Chaos: Go ahead, tell Arthas the entire process on how to get the means to reach Silvermoon! What a Ranger-General you are! You'd still rather have Sylvanas because you're playing as the Scourge, the bad guys.

WC3 The Frozen Throne: This is where we are actually introduced to the callous, cold, manipulative Sylvanas that will kill anything she dislikes at a moment's notice. However...
- The Scourge? I'd rather have Sylvanas.
- The Dreadlords? I'd rather have Sylvanas.
- Garithos? I'd rather have Sylvanas.

In WoW, she started out somewhat reasonable (the Forsaken are busy fighting against the Scourge and the Scarlet Crusade most of the time - and Sylvanas vouched for the Blood Elves to join the Horde) until, guess what, Arthas dies. She still gets excuses later on though...
- Deathwing? I'd rather have Sylvanas.
- Garrosh? I'd rather have Sylvanas.
- The Iron Horde? I'd rather have Sylvanas.
- The Burning Legion in all its might? I'd rather have Sylvanas.

With Battle For Azeroth there's no "I'd rather have Sylvanas" situation, no scapegoat for her. At least not yet - there's N'Zoth and Azshara, but they are not active enough.
If they kill Sylvanas and give High Elves to the Alliance, there will not be any Horde left.

The barbie dress up and emo crowd will all quit or change factions
They already said Sylvannas isn't a Garrosh 2.0.

They've obviously built up internal conflicts, so it's being fleshed out. Sylvannas may not last being Warchief, but so far they haven't planned to have us murder/overthrow her in a Garrosh-esque fashion.

About the only cool thing they could do is let players pick how they want to side, but MMORPGs have typically been a storyline on the rails type game, where the player doesn't have a lot of choice as to how it all goes down.
Bye hope you enjoy whatever undeath throws your way.
10/01/2018 07:31 PMPosted by Marthul
blizzard also lies, like when they said back when garrosh was made warchief blizzard was saying garrosh would not seem as malicious our misguided and that he wouldn't be the disaster people thought he was, and then he was made the villain of the next expansion.

but so far they haven't planned to have us murder/overthrow her in a Garrosh-esque fashion.
but that in itself can be misleading, if they decide to kill her off during a cinematic without giving her a raid, or kill her of during a book, then that technically isn't overthrowing her in a garrosh-esque fashion.
Can’t wait to rip her throat out.
Die Sylvannas, die!
10/01/2018 07:36 PMPosted by Withpuppys
blizzard also lies, like when they said back when garrosh was made warchief blizzard was saying garrosh would not seem as malicious our misguided and that he wouldn't be the disaster people thought he was, and then he was made the villain of the next expansion.

but so far they haven't planned to have us murder/overthrow her in a Garrosh-esque fashion.
but that in itself can be misleading, if they decide to kill her off during a cinematic without giving her a raid, or kill her of during a book, then that technically isn't overthrowing her in a garrosh-esque fashion.

Yeah I realize both of these could still pan out.

On the first point of them lying about garrosh I just dont think they'll do it again because its just really bad and obvious storywriting to make it. There are major parallels though and I get why people feel like it's building up to that. All things considered I wish we didnt feel like this was deja vu.

I think the nice thing about sylvanas is that the story feels a bit better as everyone is conflicted about what she's doing. Garrosh just felt intentionally designed to be malicious.

As to your second point I definitely think they could kill her off like that, but I'm slightly doubting it. I think we've all been pretty vocal about how annoying musical chairs with warchiefs have felt and I dont want to really see another swap AGAIN. I'm hoping she has some sort of realization of some sort about how she's becoming too similar to garrosh and specifically the lich king and gets brought back in line.
10/02/2018 05:25 AMPosted by Marthul
Yeah I realize both of these could still pan out.

On the first point of them lying about garrosh I just dont think they'll do it again because its just really bad and obvious storywriting to make it.

This is Blizzard. Bad and obvious storywriting is to be expected. Even if they AREN'T lying about her, it's going to be bad and obvious storytelling, with some sort of sacrificial redemption arc or something that would be absolutely painful.

Heck, letting an evil character get what's coming to her would not be as bad as a lot of their previous writing.

There are major parallels though and I get why people feel like it's building up to that. All things considered I wish we didnt feel like this was deja vu.

All things considered, I wish Blizz would drop the faction war entirely, as it's stupid and pointless and everyone knows it.

I think the nice thing about sylvanas is that the story feels a bit better as everyone is conflicted about what she's doing. Garrosh just felt intentionally designed to be malicious.

What? She's literally confirmed in canon to be worse than Garrosh. She burnt down a major population center because she was insulted. The only people "conflicted" aren't conflicted. They're people who either want to play evil characters or just like her because she's the sexiest designed character in the game.

As to your second point I definitely think they could kill her off like that, but I'm slightly doubting it. I think we've all been pretty vocal about how annoying musical chairs with warchiefs have felt and I dont want to really see another swap AGAIN. I'm hoping she has some sort of realization of some sort about how she's becoming too similar to garrosh and specifically the lich king and gets brought back in line.

We were vocal about Azerite being crap. Didn't stop anything. We were vocal about WarMode being crap. Didn't stop anything. We were vocal about pruned down characters being crap. Didn't stop anything. We were vocal about not shoving PvE rewards into PvE activities. Didn't stop anything.

Where are you getting this idea that Blizzard listens to its players?
Finally the Undead will wither away, not by force, but by unsubs over plot. bai!