Why did group buffs come back?

General Discussion
1 2 3 11 Next
Arcane Intellect, Power Word Fortitude, and so on....

Why did these come back? I did not miss them when they were gone. Now, people will bug me to add an infinitesimal stat to the group with a buff.
+10% to your primary stat and stamina is hardly "infinitesimal".

That said I don't know, doesn't seem to serve a purpose other than arbitrarily forcing groups to bring certain classes to have all the buffs -- only 3 of which can be replicated by inscription despite there being at least 2 more super important ones.
Personally, I missed them. It was just part of the game to me. Prior to the pull, just make sure buffs are up.
lots of people did miss them though.
They add gameplay and strategical plays, mostly in battlegrounds.
10/01/2018 06:51 PMPosted by Venomeyes
Arcane Intellect, Power Word Fortitude, and so on....

Why did these come back? I did not miss them when they were gone. Now, people will bug me to add an infinitesimal stat to the group with a buff.

That is a great question!

People complained about missing things from earlier expansions, so why did they bring back some of the group buffs? They totally did not implement like it used to be, and excluded many of the group buffs from times past, so indeed... "why?"
10/01/2018 06:53 PMPosted by Asana
Because many people wanted them back. They added a lot of a class flavor and that you could actually bring something useful to the group.

When all anyone actually wanted someone to bring was the ability to not stand in stuff.
im guessing to make inscription relevant again too
Man I missed them so much. Such a great re-addition.
And 5% for magic damage from demon hunters and 5% physical for monks.

To answer the question, how many raid groups now have a monk, a mage, a warrior and a demon hunter in the lineup? yes there are scrolls but just like lust/hero vs drums, drums not as good as having the real deal.
10/01/2018 06:53 PMPosted by Crepe
Personally, I missed them. It was just part of the game to me. Prior to the pull, just make sure buffs are up.

And it always feels good to be out in the world and give some passerby a buff. No cost, no effort, just a bit of extra sociable activity in a game that is frequently sadly lacking in social interaction. Used to be, but getting less so now. So this is a positive to my mind.
I always wonder, What's the fun part of buffs instead of making it a "aura/raid passive buff" per class.

Like if you are a priest, you should have that aura up in raids instead of buffing..

Boring system imo but of course some people and their nostalgia.
10/01/2018 06:58 PMPosted by Edisbelee
I always wonder, What's the fun part of buffs instead of making it a "aura/raid passive buff" per class.

Like if you are a priest, you should have that aura up in raids instead of buffing..

Shamans used to have it as an aura.

The downside is if that player dies the aura is byebye. Which ya know what fair enough.

I agree this is mostly the reason it got brought back. It doesn't add any meaningful interaction, it creates situations where you feel forced to add certain classes to the group, and it's another annoyance after every wipe.
10/01/2018 06:54 PMPosted by Docke
lots of people did miss them though.

I'm sad I didn't get my Mark of the Wild back :(
10/01/2018 06:56 PMPosted by Kneeshooter

And it always feels good to be out in the world and give some passerby a buff. No cost, no effort, just a bit of extra sociable activity in a game that is frequently sadly lacking in social interaction. Used to be, but getting less so now. So this is a positive to my mind.

I still give my personal buffs to priest, mage or locks when I see them. they tend to need them more than me.

So much this.

If the priest dies the raid loses the aura.

Also magic buffs being more things to dispel in PvP.
I missed the stat buffs. Bringing them back is one of the very few things I like about BFA.
10/01/2018 06:52 PMPosted by Sechi
+10% to your primary stat and stamina is hardly "infinitesimal".

That said I don't know, doesn't seem to serve a purpose other than arbitrarily forcing groups to bring certain classes to have all the buffs -- only 3 of which can be replicated by inscription despite there being at least 2 more super important ones.
You're probably the only one that answered the question. Thank you. Yet, I feel stats on gear are also trivial. To me, 10% IS infinitesimal. 30% is at least noticeable.
Putting buffs is an extra step I could do without. Why not make it an aura? You always have the buff, and if you're in a group, the group will get the buff too. Believe it or not, I was given sass for forgetting to put on the buff for the group.

You may do it and require no thanks. I say this, cause NO ONE ever said thanks for the buff, nor was their a social interaction because of it.
Only the one in the group, "mage, int, lol".