Why did group buffs come back?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 11 Next
You're supposed to have it up by default for group content.
Should've never been removed to start with.

Added a certain flavor to the game.
10/01/2018 06:53 PMPosted by Crepe
Personally, I missed them. It was just part of the game to me. Prior to the pull, just make sure buffs are up.

I just miss being nice to someone that didn't have the buff. So many little things taken out over the years that I used to make others feel nice with. It's always nice to have the little things like that. :)
Only annoys me in bgs when the timer is still plenty of time and we still have two spaces not filled (which will fill in 2 seconds)...and the turnip over there is screaming like it’s an achievement to call it as soon as they join about buffing; while I’m just like “take a seat - I’ll buff when we all here ya potato”.

Other than that, I like having them. :)
I want my Legacy of the White Tiger back.
Man, remember back in vanilla when quest mobs were dangerous, and Fortitude gave a MASSIVE health buff?

A passing priest who had the kindness to pop in on you would make your next 30 minutes of leveling far easier, if you would die to 2 mobs without it, you'd probably be able to take them on with it.

That was comfy.
Nothing wrong with being awake for your group.
Kind of disappointed they didn't put the rest of the buffs back in. MotW, Trueshot Aura, Leader of the Pack.
10/01/2018 06:56 PMPosted by Kneeshooter
Personally, I missed them. It was just part of the game to me. Prior to the pull, just make sure buffs are up.

And it always feels good to be out in the world and give some passerby a buff. No cost, no effort, just a bit of extra sociable activity in a game that is frequently sadly lacking in social interaction. Used to be, but getting less so now. So this is a positive to my mind.

Mhm. I like buffing people in the wild.

And it always feels good to be out in the world and give some passerby a buff. No cost, no effort, just a bit of extra sociable activity in a game that is frequently sadly lacking in social interaction. Used to be, but getting less so now. So this is a positive to my mind.

The interaction with other players is what always felt valuable to me.
10/02/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Bornakk

Same, I just wish more classes got their buffs back.

Amazed Druids didn't get Mark of the Wild in some form, actually - since that was one of the original buffs in the game.

If thats the case, we should have the same buff that pallies used to provide.
Prot Kings
Holy Wisdom
Ret Might

Now its just reserved for Ret to buff both Wis/King on the individual. Thats not group buff like priest, mages, warr, other classes.
I just wish I had my buff totems back. I always liked the original concept of Shaman, not the best damage in the world (good bursts) but was able to buff allies to do more. I want that support caster feeling back.
To me it was kind of always the one sign of gamer kindness you could really express in this game. You can save someone, throw them a heal and a buff and be off and not say a word and it really said something. Or just people that would buff everyone in range if they weren't mounted.

For all the lack of verbal communication anymore this was a nice player to player interaction.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Same here. It's kind of like /wave, but more useful. I am glad some of them are back because I did miss them. Now I just have to remember I have buffs on certain classes. I keep forgetting on my Mage for some reason.

Now there's a face I haven't seen in a long time.

Good to see your still around Bornakk.

Can we please have Mark of the Wild back then? I miss it. }:(
I missed them, but the new implementation has been awful. Each buff should have at least 2 people that can do it so that's it's not so restrictive on comp. Like, for example, if you've got 2 casters in a dungeon group, you need to make that 3rd dps spot a DH or you're hurting yourself. It's good that considerations like that are back, but there needs to be more than one solution, especially for the debuffs that monk/DH provide.
I like having them back.

I can understand not wanting to bother with them, but to me being able to buff other players is an important part of the core RPG dynamic.

For me, it still feels silly not having more buffs as a paladin, tbh. I felt the same way as a priest in Legion, so it's nice to have fortitude back.

If anything, I would personally prefer if the support role in WoW were more robust than it is.

There are good reasons for it being reduced to the point of almost being eliminated, but it's a big picture design choice that I have mixed feelings about.
Players get nostalgic for these poorly designed mechanics as soon as they're removed, so putting them back in is an easy way to placate the masses. At least until everyone starts complaining about how terrible they are again.