Why did group buffs come back?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 11 Next
10/02/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Kibsmack
Players get nostalgic for these poorly designed mechanics as soon as they're removed, so putting them back in is an easy way to placate the masses. At least until everyone starts complaining about how terrible they are again.

I don't think people thought there were terrible, just a nuisance in raids.
I enjoy screaming at my allies in battlegrounds to make them fight better.
So that they could let druids know that there is new stuff but that we'd be getting none of it.
This is a GROUP based game. That's the point. The group is more powerful together than they are individually. If you don't like that, there are plenty of single player games out there.
Because Blizz doeasn't know how to create content without it
10/01/2018 06:53 PMPosted by Crepe
Personally, I missed them. It was just part of the game to me. Prior to the pull, just make sure buffs are up.

How was that enjoyable though? You just yell at the person who didn't buff you. It wasn't something that I'll ever miss especially since it has a pretty big impact on arenas.
I missed group buffs in Legion. Just wish more than three classes got them back. Maybe having 7+ different types of raid buffs is overkill, but I don't think there's anything wrong with having three or four types with plenty of overlap to accommodate different raid comps.
I'm happy to have it back, and even more happy I don't have to carry a bag of just candles so I can cast it!
When I'm out and about doing dailies or whatever I cast it on just about everyone I see, especially if we are 'loosely working together' on the same goal.

It just seems a nice thing to do?
10/02/2018 11:11 AMPosted by Impsie
This is a GROUP based game. That's the point. The group is more powerful together than they are individually. If you don't like that, there are plenty of single player games out there.

That is an inherant part of being a group. No buffs required.
Too lazy to click 1 button or key.
Some of them still aren't back, like blessing of kings, mark of the wild, and... whatever the monk one was called.
10/02/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Bornakk
10/01/2018 06:56 PMPosted by Kneeshooter

And it always feels good to be out in the world and give some passerby a buff. No cost, no effort, just a bit of extra sociable activity in a game that is frequently sadly lacking in social interaction. Used to be, but getting less so now. So this is a positive to my mind.

The interaction with other players is what always felt valuable to me.

Hi, Mr Bronack blue

Why druids didn't get mark of the wild back then?? :)
I just wish more had come back; Expose Weakness, Trueshot Aura, or maybe the no-daze Aspect of the Pack which was datamined a while ago.
They never should've come back, but since they insisted on it they should've been auras, and given to at least 2 classes each. Even worse are the Monk and DH debuffs, which don't have a scroll like the buffs do, which has made them 100% essential to every single raid.
Nostalgia and they have to look like they're doing something in the Xpac.
10/02/2018 11:11 AMPosted by Impsie

So, you can just have it be a passive thing, that if there's a mage present, alive or dead, you get an int buff. Or are you honestly believing that there's some profound difference for mage #2 who didn't have to cast his int buff?
10/01/2018 06:56 PMPosted by Kneeshooter
10/01/2018 06:53 PMPosted by Crepe
Personally, I missed them. It was just part of the game to me. Prior to the pull, just make sure buffs are up.

And it always feels good to be out in the world and give some passerby a buff. No cost, no effort, just a bit of extra sociable activity in a game that is frequently sadly lacking in social interaction. Used to be, but getting less so now. So this is a positive to my mind.

Definitely!

I wasn't happy when they took them away. Always loved buffing my fellow players.
absolutely hate being balanced around a WW or Brewmaster monk for physical damage
10/02/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Wariya
10/02/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Bornakk

The interaction with other players is what always felt valuable to me.

Hi, Mr Bronack blue

Why druids didn't get mark of the wild back then?? :)
Because.